Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:33 am

Scatman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Better get down to Specsavers Alan. Not offside? Clueless fucker

Both the cunts were offside

I couldn't believe I was hearing that. There he was with slow mo and special graphics for all to see, showing that it was clearly offside both times. Deluded, but overshadowed in his ranting by Jose. What a pity he'll (Maureen) be sacked by the next round of matches, I'm loving his work! Can Agent VG deliver a true Carlsberg weekend?
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:23 am

We missed a trick, Cheer up Alan Shearer would have been perfect !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:33 am

Shearer really is a shite pundit. Always focusing on the negatives. When a team wins by 5 they should be the focus full stop.

Our front guys were fantastic. Getting the right blend is key. Navas helps with that.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sidSmith » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:50 am

The Maine Man wrote:
Scatman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Better get down to Specsavers Alan. Not offside? Clueless fucker

Both the cunts were offside

I couldn't believe I was hearing that. There he was with slow mo and special graphics for all to see, showing that it was clearly offside both times. Deluded, but overshadowed in his ranting by Jose. What a pity he'll (Maureen) be sacked by the next round of matches, I'm loving his work! Can Agent VG deliver a true Carlsberg weekend?

I've just watched it. He's frozen the image with 2 players both clearly offside and says not offside, it's incredible. I had to rewind it to hear it again.

As for the flukey finish. Doesn't their opening sequence show an overhead shin that was goal of the season? Other than that's for the red shite, I'd love to know the difference. Any shot where you're not looking at the keeper has an element of luck ffs. Bitter prick.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:05 am

I couldn't quite work out why shearer showed the second "on side" incident. From memory I'm pretty sure the ref and linesman played it as onside. Why try to prove something was onside when the ref gave it as onside? Both incidents were off side anyway. I noticed they didn't put the usual line across the screen
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:27 am

Missed MotD but from what people are saying the Beeb are trying to manipulate the facts to suit an alternative narrative.

Shearer maybe talking shite but the editors are allowing him to change history, against our club.

Very simple, we hammered a not so good Toon side and there's not much more can be said apart from how Kun and Dave are becoming two of the greatest footballers this league has ever seen.

That should've been the narrative after a game like that, nothing more, nothing less.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:30 am

So what's Shearer done? I missed MoTD
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:03 am

Mase wrote:So what's Shearer done? I missed MoTD

He called kolarov a cunt
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:22 am

london blue 2 wrote:

He called kolarov a cunt

He'll be waking up to a horses head on his pillow then this week.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:28 am

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

He called kolarov a cunt

You're going to kill Sarah Jessica Parker?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

He called kolarov a cunt

You're going to kill Sarah Jessica Parker?

Chortle.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 am

Shearer highlighted every one of their attacks to prove none of them were offside.

He stopped the video playback twice when they weren't offside, however the ball was not played until about two steps later and both examples the players were offside. Then the last one was the cherry, he stopped the video at the right spot this time, the offside graphic came in clearly showing two Newcastle players offside, to which he states "as you can see, neither is offside".
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:08 am

Slim wrote:Shearer highlighted every one of their attacks to prove none of them were offside.

He stopped the video playback twice when they weren't offside, however the ball was not played until about two steps later and both examples the players were offside. Then the last one was the cherry, he stopped the video at the right spot this time, the offside graphic came in clearly showing two Newcastle players offside, to which he states "as you can see, neither is offside".

Nice one. The guy is a muppet! I'd have Ian Wright on every week as he often pulls Shearer up on his bullshit!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:45 am

Shearer's analysis was much worse than is being suggested here. In the overall perfomance of two teams in a very exciting game. He completely chose to ignore the staggering facts that Kun scored
A. A perfect hat trick,
B. He scored 5 goals,
C. He scored 5 goals with just 10 touches of the ball.

Shearer spent his time criticising Newcastle as if it was their fault City were so good.

All the offside decisions were correctly made. The camera proved this idiot wrong in claiming the third was onside.

I am annoyed not because it is city, but because he is so bad. How can anyone analyse a match and not want to determine just how the team that racked up six goals and took off the guy that scored five of them, with 30 minutes to go , managed to do it ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:26 am

zuricity wrote:Shearer's analysis was much worse than is being suggested here. In the overall perfomance of two teams in a very exciting game. He completely chose to ignore the staggering facts that Kun scored
A. A perfect hat trick,
B. He scored 5 goals,
C. He scored 5 goals with just 10 touches of the ball.

Shearer spent his time criticising Newcastle as if it was their fault City were so good.

All the offside decisions were correctly made. The camera proved this idiot wrong in claiming the third was onside.

I am annoyed not because it is city, but because he is so bad. How can anyone analyse a match and not want to determine just how the team that racked up six goals and took off the guy that scored five of them, with 30 minutes to go , managed to do it ?

We'll said....spot on.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Wow, I'm kinda stunned.

Shearer and Murphy almost nice to us today after a shocking performance against the Swans. I was expecting a full attack on City, about how the dis-allowed goal should have stood (like Sky Sports said), yet they said it was all about the win. They even mentioned we had players injured.

I nearly spilled my wine.

However, I think it's because they had already slaughtered United over their performance...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:19 am

PaulieIrish wrote:Wow, I'm kinda stunned.

Shearer and Murphy almost nice to us today after a shocking performance against the Swans. I was expecting a full attack on City, about how the dis-allowed goal should have stood (like Sky Sports said), yet they said it was all about the win. They even mentioned we had players injured.

However, I think it's because they had already slaughtered United over their performance...

I thought they would heap praise on Hart and make it look like we should have suffered a hammering.

In fairness though it's hard not to just focus on how miserable the rags are these days, I don't think we are alone in finding entertainment in watching LVG's downfall.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:40 am

Didn't watch it but we really weren't as bad as some are making out.

Gomis' reaction said it all about the clash with Hart, he doesn't protest and apologises to Hart because he kicked him in the chest.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:09 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Didn't watch it but we really weren't as bad as some are making out.

Gomis' reaction said it all about the clash with Hart, he doesn't protest and apologises to Hart because he kicked him in the chest.

Come on, you know as well as well...everyone, we were run over in that second half. Grinding performance and entirely understandable given the week we've just had, but we should've been bulldozed and if Swansea weren't all at sea at the moment, I think they would have.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:14 am

Saw Joe say, "We were awful today."
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum