Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:28 am

The MOTD crew and especially Gary Lineker, now agree that Sterling was an excellent buy:
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/29/li ... icial-man/?

BBC review of the season, so far:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34056323

In addition to breaking a 103 year old City winning streak and David Silva's 50 assists speed record... there were other records set today:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/30/sport ... html?&_r=0

Not every manager had Pellegrini's luck today. Poor Tim Sherwood added to his match result misery, by injuring his hamstring, after kicking a water bottle carrier, in frustration!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:59 am

Just seen Huth om MOTD. Bundle a player over and wellie the ball at his head whilst the player was on the ground ! How on earth that isn't a red card and a serious long ban is beyond me. The refs have been very poor so far this season.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 am

Thought the red for Affelay was a joke as well. And the two in the dippers game
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:20 am

Affelay red was a joke, by definition it should have been a red for both or (correctly) a yellow or a talking to for both.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 am

I'm still trying to get used to all this new admiration for City, from so many people who used to only criticise or dismiss the club. Harry & Jamie Redknapp, Roberto Martinez, Sam Allardyce, Quique Flores, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher, Gary Lineker, Ruud Gullit, Martin Keown, Phil McNulty, Martin Samuels, Ian Ladyman, Joe Bernstein, etc, have all joined a growing chorus of compliments and praise for City!

While Sky's Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher have been applauding City, they've also been very critical of Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. Here's just one of the many examples:
http://uncova.com/gary-neville-purrs-ov ... ning-video
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:54 am

zuricity wrote:Just seen Huth om MOTD. Bundle a player over and wellie the ball at his head whilst the player was on the ground ! How on earth that isn't a red card and a serious long ban is beyond me. The refs have been very poor so far this season.

He could have died.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Just seen Huth om MOTD. Bundle a player over and wellie the ball at his head whilst the player was on the ground ! How on earth that isn't a red card and a serious long ban is beyond me. The refs have been very poor so far this season.

He could have died.

I hope you get a chance to look at the incident. It's only because Huth is rubbish he missed the players head with his full footed blast at the ball.

Really isn't the kind of thing to see on any football pitch at any level
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

He could have died.

I hope you get a chance to look at the incident. It's only because Huth is rubbish he missed the players head with his full footed blast at the ball.

I assumed that Tokyo Blue was making a funny reference to a past controversial incident, from Dec, 2012?
Back then, Fergie was screaming to all the refs & press, claiming that Van Persie could have been killed, by a ball launched at Robin's head, made by Ashley Williams. Fergie & Van Persie's complaints went viral and were mostly ridiculed, because of the overly-excessive hysteria.

Also, that reckless move from Robert Huth, is far from the worst that the Huthinator has committed... Here is a Huthless classic vs City
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- ... /136056447

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -kick.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:59 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

He could have died.

I assumed that Tokyo Blue was making a funny reference to a past controversial incident, from Dec, 2012?
Back then, Fergie was screaming to all the refs & press, claiming that Van Persie could have been killed, by a ball launched at Robin's head, made by Ashley Williams. Fergie & Van Persie's complaints went viral and were mostly ridiculed, because of the overly-excessive hysteria.

Also, that reckless move from Robert Huth, is far from the worst that the Huthinator has committed... Here is a Huthless classic vs City
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- ... /136056447

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -kick.html

I was referring to that comment. Whether it was actually funny is debatable.

I feel nothing but contempt for robert huth. I believe he is nothing more than a thug of a footballer.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:57 am

I can only agree with both of you.

It didn"t cross my mind that TB might be making light of it. I also recognise and remember his reference.

I picked up on it ( the original incident), only because nobody in the Media seemed ( well i only saw motd), to see it for the outrageously stupid act that it was.
Last edited by zuricity on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:06 am

Yes, Huth's actions were reckless, but I'm far more concerned about actual, serious damage inflicted on players. Why do football refs, MOTD pundits and viewers obsess over potentially dangerous near misses, while completely ignoring actual injuries and damage to players? The more successful City have become, the less protection our players seem to get now, from the refs.

Here are 3 of many possible examples, to illustrate my point. In December 2014, within seconds of starting a match between City & Everton, it was apparent that the Everton players were determined to immediately eliminate the threat of Aguero. Seamus Coleman and Muhamed Besic double tackled Aguero, causing damage to Sergio's knee. This would cost Aguero weeks of injury and may have contributed to City losing the title. Coleman & Besic weren't punished for purposely taking out Aguero... Instead, Fernando & Mangala were carded, due to high boot tackles, which didn't actually injure the Everton players. The post- match chatter dwelled on Mangala and Fernando, while ignoring the costly damage done by all the Everton players.
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Sergio+Agu ... amed+Besic

In Jan, 2014, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa made a double horror tackle on Nasri, rupturing his knee ligament and costing him 8 weeks of injury. No long-term ban was given to Yanga-Mbiwa for such a dangerous action.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -star.html

As part of a long history of dangerous behaviour, in April, 2014, Marouane Fellaini purposely elbowed Zabaleta in the face and broke Pablo's nose, followed by spitting on him!
Even worse, monster thug Fellatio, later accused Zabs of running into his elbow! Of course, Fellaini was never given a red card and the lengthy ban that he deserved for this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... heard.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 am

So many links...
Original Dub

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:So many links...

... to so many photos, that I couldn't possibly post all of them here...
But, the photos actually illustrate the incidents, much better than I could possibly describe them! Yes, I'm a link lover and I admit to liking photographic proof of theories... My apologies to anyone who has a link allergy!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:14 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Original Dub wrote:So many links...

... to so many photos, that I couldn't possibly post all of them here...
But, the photos actually illustrate the incidents, much better than I could possibly describe them! Yes, I'm a link lover and I admit to liking photographic proof of theories... My apologies to anyone who has a link allergy!

The Aguero one doesn't show anything. Coleman actually won the ball but when Aguero goes to get back on his feet to try win the ball back that dirty little thug Besic plants his foot causing Aguero's knee to jar. If I recall correctly the consensus at the time was that Aguero done himself by stretching for the ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:40 pm

WhyAlwaysMe
That's fine. Thanks for that. Links can be a very good way of showing exactly what you're talking about.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/that%27s ... king_about
Original Dub

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Watch on youtube.com

Foreverinbluedreams wrote: The Aguero one doesn't show anything. Coleman actually won the ball but when Aguero goes to get back on his feet to try win the ball back that dirty little thug Besic plants his foot causing Aguero's knee to jar. If I recall correctly the consensus at the time was that Aguero done himself by stretching for the ball.

I only included that particular photo of Coleman & Besic ganging up on Aguero, to show their immediate intention of purposely taking Aguero out. Also, I can still barely look at the footage and photos, without wanting to permanently ban Besic from football. Every time I re-watch Besic forcefully shoving Sergio, just as he's trying to recover his balance, it still makes me scream for Besic's retroactive FA punishment... which never happened! So, it made me smile with karmic relief, when Besic was only a late sub, during Everton's most recent match against City!

To add insult to Sergio's injury, the MOTD team, the Sky pundits & all the rest of the football world, wrongly dubbed Aguero as, "injury prone," along with Silva & Yaya. The reality is that City's best players are often targeted for extra tough tackles & fouls, to make them less effective, or get them subbed off, with injuries.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:WhyAlwaysMe
That's fine. Thanks for that. Links can be a very good way of showing exactly what you're talking about.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/that%27s ... king_about

Your wiki link perfectly summed up what I was thinking.
Or, as the old saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words."
Here's my thank you link!
http://beeroverip.org/guinness/
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:11 pm

They sure were singing Nacho praises for his positioning/awareness for his goal and for how the win was "champions"-like.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Just watched MOTD2 and not a mention of Nacho Man and his first premiership goal. Can you imagine if any other team had played 5 games.....won them all.....scored 11 goals.....and had 5 clean sheets....and a debutant scores a last minute winner and not getting even an acknowledgement. It just wouldn't happen.....but for some reason they see fit not to make a point of it where Man City are concerned. Just wondering why ???? Your thoughts as this programme is highlights of today's matches and a summary of the weekend.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:29 am

Sparklehorse wrote:Just watched MOTD2 and not a mention of Nacho Man and his first premiership goal. Can you imagine if any other team had played 5 games.....won them all.....scored 11 goals.....and had 5 clean sheets....and a debutant scores a last minute winner and not getting even an acknowledgement. It just wouldn't happen.....but for some reason they see fit not to make a point of it where Man City are concerned. Just wondering why ???? Your thoughts as this programme is highlights of today's matches and a summary of the weekend.

All of the praise for Kelechi & City's perfect record was featured in Saturday's MOTD & on their website... By the time MOTD2 aired, there were too many other topics to cover.
So, I hope it helps to know, that City wasn't completely overlooked by the MOTD team, after all. Here are some of the City highlights from the MOTD website:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/34163877
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum