City v Spurs EDS

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City v Spurs EDS

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Decided to sack off work for the afternoon and come down to the Academy Stadium.

City 0 Spurs 1 after 20 mins
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: City v Spurs EDS

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:23 pm

@MCFC: CITY EDS XI: Gunn, Maffeo, Humphreys, Evans, Smith-Brown, Glendon (C), Nemane, Garcia, Ambrose, Celina, Barker #mcfc http://t.co/oQh2rb7MYa
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:28 pm

1-1 Ambrose finishes from close range after Celina skins the fullback who was called...erm...Kyle Walker-Peters
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Good even game so far. Spurs have had the better opportunities and it could easily be 3-4 to spurs.

Good football from both sides. Shame that Cameron humphries has gone off injured about the 35 min mark. However we now have kean Bryan on and he is one of my fave players so it's all good.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Good even game so far. Spurs have had the better opportunities and it could easily be 3-4 to spurs.

Good football from both sides. Shame that Cameron humphries has gone off injured about the 35 min mark. However we now have kean Bryan on and he is one of my fave players so it's all good.

Is this being broadcast or are you at the game? Would love to see the second half if it is online.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Not sure but I think I have just spotted two sips and Douglas. When you read this two sips. Did you have a maroon shirt on and a coat with fur hood plus accessorising with a man bag?
Wonderwall

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Not sure but I think I have just spotted two sips and Douglas. When you read this two sips. Did you have a maroon shirt on and a coat with fur hood plus accessorising with a man bag?

do you have any idea how gay this sounds?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Not sure but I think I have just spotted two sips and Douglas. When you read this two sips. Did you have a maroon shirt on and a coat with fur hood plus accessorising with a man bag?

Hell yes. ;-)

Also manu garcia has just scorer a screamer made all by himself

2-1

Ambrose just had a decent pen shout waved away
Wonderwall

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Hell yes. ;-)

2-1

aren't you supposed to be busy with your new job?!?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Now 2-2 spurs score with their 1st attack. Good save by gunn but the ball.goes straight up in the air and it's gets headed in 2-2
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Hell yes. ;-)

2-1

aren't you supposed to be busy with your new job?!?

I am a football correspondent today.

The city defence is shaky today. Spurs look likely to score with every attack. Gunn is playing excellent.
Wonderwall

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Very attacking lineup, not surprised they seem to be creating numerous chances to score.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:25 pm

City are playing an excellent pressing game hunting the ball down ala barca. It has lead to some good chances. We should have just scored after some excellent work from nemane
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Hahaha yeah I've got a grey coat and a maroon shirt. Say hello fella! I'm sat on the half way with Doug.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:04 pm

On a serious note, it's not that warm out there is it for him to be taking his shirt and coat off and just accessorizing with a man bag.

Is it easier to spot him now tho that he's gone "full Geordie"?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:17 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

On a serious note, it's not that warm out there is it for him to be taking his shirt and coat off and just accessorizing with a man bag.

Is it easier to spot him now tho that he's gone "full Geordie"?

cheers

Not sure I've quite got the gall for a full Geordie...

I'll stick to the old grey coat with a big hood and maroon shirt combo. The man bag is a satchell. Ahem. And it has my laptop in it, not merely an accessory, as dashing as I no doubt look obviously.

Decent game in the end. 3-3. Mental ending with two goals in injury time. Barker and Celina stood out for me.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:15 pm

twosips wrote:Hahaha yeah I've got a grey coat and a maroon shirt. Say hello fella! I'm sat on the half way with Doug.

Was going to grab you and Douglas at the end. We were walking down the steps as you walked by the pitch side but Doug left you and you were taking photos of Garcia. So I will Defford come across and sit with you both next time.

Thoroughly entertaining game. Celina was the motm for me with Smith-brown getting the wooden spoon. He wasn't good today!!, Strange sub to take nemane off, he looked really good and was a real threat.
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Ha, yeah. Just wanted a grab a photo. Garcia's dad follows me on twitter and seems to appreciate it when I post pictures from the game, as any dad would really I guess.

Do say hello. Chances are i'll be chatting along to Doug somewhere most games. I tend to sit in the middle always. I like it near the half way line.

Celina was a standout for me too. Thought he took the initiative really well, and he's a very technically good footballer.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Good game it was with 2 good teams having a real go at each other. Spurs clearly know all about City wanting to play from the back so they pressed high and at a high tempo as well. That's where their first goal came from as they squeezed the ball of Glendon i think and with our defenders a bit all over the place they worked it well to the right side where their guy scored easily.

I reckon it took a good 20 minutes for us to come to terms with all this but a bit of great play by Celina on the byline created the chance for Ambrose to scramble home. Still Spurs pressed us and mistakes were being made but on the biggest one we survived thanks to a brilliant save by Gunn. Gunn a little later went down after a nothing challenge but seemed to stay motionless for ages as the physios came on. Fortunately he was fine but it didn't stop his mother having kittens a few rows behind us.

The second half seemed to start late as City kept Spurs waiting for what seemed like ages. Maybe Vieira had given them a rocket as we came out really pressing and working hard just as Spurs did to us. We took the initiative and were looking the better side now and were creating a bit with Barker still looking a threat and both Garcia and Nemane coming more into the game.

It was Garcia who made the breakthrough as he tried a short one two which ended up bck to him off a Spurs player he said thank you and smashed it into the roof of the net. Despite playing better Spurs were always a threat and so ir proved when they got a scruffy equaliser. Not sure exactly what happened but Gunn and Maffeo were exchanging words. More openings for City but Spurs a threat continued and then in the 90th minute a looped header from the 6 foot 6 center back seemed to have won it but never say die City had other ideas.

Barker got on the ball and attacked from deep through the middle. Took on the center back going left and to the byline at real pace and managed to pull it back for Celina for a nice finish. Good game and maybe a fair result although I expect Spurs would debate that. They are a good side so a draw isnt a bad result..

Interesting watching a few of the City players. Maffeo didn't have his best game but I remain uncertain whether he is given full licence to get forward or whether he just overdoes it and thus is well forward a lot of the time when we lose the ball. Not always the fastest at getting back either.

I sort of hope Humphreys had a small injury and maybe even from the start as I just didn't think he was close to sharp. Ambrose continues to impress me. He is a sharp player with lots of energy but also a really good touch and eye for goal.

Celina did play well, scored on and set one up but really does see passes well even if he doesn't always make them. Just needs to keep working hard and opportunities will come for him. His midfield partner Garcia isn't yet the dominant midfielder I think he can become. Physically he was outgunned today and found it hard to fully get into the game but he improved 2nd half as City got onto the front foot and his goal was superbly finished.

Barker was looking more like his old self again today I thought and setting up that last minute goal will do wonders for his confidence or should do. He was up against a good pacy full back and it was a good battle but one that he started to dominate as the 2nd half wore on. Not just attacking either as he got his foot in working back a number of times.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum