Wanchope

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wanchope

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:45 am

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Wanchope

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:02 am

Saw this this morning. After watching the video it seems like he just defends himself from an attack by a midget security guard. Paulo was scared to take a punch to be fair.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:09 am

isn't he some sort of karate expert? feared for his ability to take people out with a single blow...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:isn't he some sort of karate expert? feared for his ability to take people out with a single blow...

yeah he took out Andy Morrison
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:29 am

Mase wrote:Saw this this morning. After watching the video it seems like he just defends himself from an attack by a midget security guard. Paulo was scared to take a punch to be fair.

Defends himself? He coldcocks a midget and then realizes he's a complete butthole and the midget basically has the best of him but without being able to do any real damage.

No wonder you love kolarov. You see things "differently."

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:Saw this this morning. After watching the video it seems like he just defends himself from an attack by a midget security guard. Paulo was scared to take a punch to be fair.

Defends himself? He coldcocks a midget and then realizes he's a complete butthole and the midget basically has the best of him but without being able to do any real damage.

Cheers

Opens a gate and gets shoved in to a kid. Goes over to the guy and gets a flying kick to him. Are you eye disabled?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Shouldn't that be differently visioned? I'm offended.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:04 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

You're just saying that because the midget is bald!

Security guards are supposed to stay calm and de-escalate potential aggressions instead of shoving & roundhousing people ffs!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:24 pm

That ain't no ordinary midget, that's Chip Norris, you don't want to fuck with him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Jesus Paulo, what are you thinking?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:35 pm

Mase saw it right. Paulo was violently shoved, retaliated then the small guy escalated it and he defended himself.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:34 am

Wanchope?

There was at least two or three chops.

I'll grab the coat.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:23 am

Socrates wrote:Mase saw it right. Paulo was violently shoved, retaliated then the small guy escalated it and he defended himself.

You guys are wacked out. Paulo threw the first punch and he wasn't shoved for shit. He tore open the gate and the midget kinda threw his arms up like "wtf dickhead"

No wonder Mancio had your number. Jesus.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:59 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:Mase saw it right. Paulo was violently shoved, retaliated then the small guy escalated it and he defended himself.

You guys are wacked out. Paulo threw the first punch and he wasn't shoved for shit. He tore open the gate and the midget kinda threw his arms up like "wtf dickhead"

Cheers

is the shove too quick for you to see? maybe you can try in slow motion?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:25 am

Socrates wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

you've clearly never been shoved by a grown ass man...that's a touch of the arm as he brushes by him to go somewhere he shouldn't be. Nowhere near a fucking "shove."

You can shove your eyes up your ass and i'll still see what i see...because i'm right. Paulo is the aggressor and the dickhead. FACT.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:36 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

you've clearly never been shoved by a grown ass man...that's a touch of the arm as he brushes by him to go somewhere he shouldn't be. Nowhere near a fucking "shove."

You can shove your eyes up your ass and i'll still see what i see...because i'm right. Paulo is the aggressor and the dickhead. FACT.

cheers

Eh? Are you watching the same clip as me? Paulo nearly falls over from the shove, is not an arm brush. The clip embedded half way down this thread is the one I'm seeing and he is shoved,
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:37 am

In the midst of all the debates over who started the fight, Paulo Wanchope has now resigned over this brawl. Maybe this fiasco could have been avoided, if Wanchope wasn't locked behind a gate, instead of on the bench, with the Costa Rica U-23 team... Wanchope was the head of the Costa Rican national team... So, why was he not sitting with the rest of the team?! He was supposedly trying to talk with the match officials, which would have been possible, if he was on the side of the pitch.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 am

Its all our fault for not dealing with his issue with vertically challenged people after he took on that ball boy against Norwich
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Spurge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:10 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I don't think it's easy to defend Paulo on this. He aggressively opens the gate and pushes the ball boy at which point the security guard gives him a shove. The shove is aggressive but is in direct response to Paulo, a grown man (and well over 6 foot) pushing a little kid - totally irresponsible and unnecessary and the security guard clearly wasn't going to let him bully this kid without doing something that made him aware of his behaviour.

Yes he could have stepped in and tried to rationalise with Paulo ( more effectively do his job) but Paulo's actions towards the kid suggest he had already lost it making him the instigator of this sorry episode which has cost him his job.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum