MotM v Brom

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Start of the season, there can be only one.

Hart
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Kompany
No votes
Mangala
No votes
Kolarov
4%
Navas
No votes
Fernadinho
1%
Yaya
10%
Sterling
1%
Big Dave
81%
Bony
No votes
Aguero
No votes
Nasri
No votes
Demichelis
3%

Total votes : 73

Re: MotM v Brom

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:57 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Is it possible to add Joleon Lescott to this list, as MOTM guest of honour? I felt sorry that Lescott was playing for the wrong team yesterday, but still had top praise for his former team! He will always be an outstanding person and his loyalty is much missed!
Here are Joleon's best wishes for City!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-9837142?

Even though he pulled a Danny Mills on us for 6 months?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:08 am

Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Is it possible to add Joleon Lescott to this list, as MOTM guest of honour? I felt sorry that Lescott was playing for the wrong team yesterday, but still had top praise for his former team! He will always be an outstanding person and his loyalty is much missed!

What are you talking about?! Lescott has never been a disgusting anti-City moron, like Danny Mills! I'd like to know who it was that Danny Mills bribed, to get his commentary job, since he's the worst pundit in the world!!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:30 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Slim wrote:

What are you talking about?! Lescott has never been a disgusting anti-City moron, like Danny Mills! I'd like to know who it was that Danny Mills bribed, to get his commentary job, since he's the worst pundit in the world!!

I meant we had a deal for him to leave in January 2014, he agreed, West Ham I think agreed, everyone was happy but he pulled out at the last minute decided it was a better choice to sit on his arse for 6 months and collect a paycheque than play.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 am

Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Slim wrote:

I meant we had a deal for him to leave in January 2014, he agreed, West Ham I think agreed, everyone was happy but he pulled out at the last minute decided it was a better choice to sit on his arse for 6 months and collect a paycheque than play.

Joleon Lescott made 24 important appearances in 2013-2014 and directly helped City to win the double... Only in your version of reality is that considered sitting on his arse for 6 months! In fact, City has not matched that 2013-2014 defensive record, since Lescott left!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:20 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Slim wrote:

Joleon Lescott made 24 important appearances in 2013-2014 and directly helped City to win the double... Only in your version of reality is that considered sitting on his arse for 6 months! In fact, City has not matched that 2013-2014 defensive record, since Lescott left!

2 league appearances since January and didn't play in the final of the league cup. Played in the FA Cup loss to Wigan and both losses to Barca though, thank god.

You think he knew he'd play a single minute after January when we asked him to leave?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:18 am

Slim, it was Joleon's choice and legal right to finish his contract at City. He chose to stay and fight for his chance to play for City, and even praised his direct competitors, Demichelis and Nastasic. City management never directly asked Lescott to leave, but still wanted to get a fee for his sale in January, instead of letting him go for free. Joleon never wanted to leave City and can you really blame him?

More than a year after leaving City and no longer paid to be loyal to the club, Joleon Lescott is still singing the praises of his former teammates and believes that City can win the title... At the risk of alienating the Baggies fans! I'm not sure why you still feel the need to belittle and denigrate Lescott's continued admiration of City? With all the anti-City media, having Lescott making headlines praising City, can only be helpful to the team.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... lsea-title
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:47 am

Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Slim wrote:

Only difference being Danny mills was clearly replaced by a superior player, Lescott was replaced by a player nowhere near his level. Oh and Lescott had actually been a cracking player for us. Understand your view, but comparing him to that cunt is beyond harsh.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:44 am

1. It was well within his rights to sit on his arse and see out his contract, not saying it wasn't. It was also well within Danny Mills rights to do the same thing. Still a cunt of a move, no matter who does it.
2. Lescott was replaced by Demichelis, a far superior player.
3. Ask Carl if Lescott was a cracking player for us, then go rewatch the 3-2 against QPR and see who's to blame for both fucking QPR goals. Cunt almost gave away our title, but let's rewrite history as a player of "important matches" and an all-around "cracking player". Fuck off you carrots.
4. Yes it was a nice thing he did coming out and saying that, doesn't make him a saint.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:04 am

Slim wrote:1. It was well within his rights to sit on his arse and see out his contract, not saying it wasn't. It was also well within Danny Mills rights to do the same thing. Still a cunt of a move, no matter who does it.
3. Ask Carl if Lescott was a cracking player for us, then go rewatch the 3-2 against QPR and see who's to blame for both fucking QPR goals. Cunt almost gave away our title, but let's rewrite history as a player of "important matches" and an all-around "cracking player". Fuck off you carrots.
4. Yes it was a nice thing he did coming out and saying that, doesn't make him a saint.

Lescott was our best defender in our first title season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:14 am

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:1. It was well within his rights to sit on his arse and see out his contract, not saying it wasn't. It was also well within Danny Mills rights to do the same thing. Still a cunt of a move, no matter who does it.

And to suggest he was at fault for both QPR goals is laughable
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 am

Slim wrote:

A Danny Mills? Pretended to be injured whilst picking up his pay check?

Perhaps he wanted to stay to get his League Cup medal, if I'm not mistaken he captained the League Cup side that year all the way to the final when he was dropped.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Slim, I simply shared a very nice statement from Joleon about City and instead, you have turned it into an angry debate about Lescott's playing & loyalty for City.

1) Lescott not wanting to leave City, even if it meant less playing time, meant he loved playing for the club & winning trophies, far more than winning nothing with West Ham. Lescott also has a wife & school age children that he would have unsettled, with a sudden move to London, in January.

2) You must have a memory loss, to forget just how much Demichelis was torn apart by the media, as he struggled to replace Lescott! He was NOT far superior to Lescott, when he first arrived. It would take another season for Demichelis to fully settle in and develop a good partnership with Kompany & the other defenders. Even so, City have not topped the 2013-2014 season, where they conceded the least amount of goals, in the entire league.

3) Even the very best defenders in the world have had matches, where they cost their teams the match. The CB partnership is essential and can compensate for many individual flaws, as had happened with Kompany & Lescott/Demichelis. The main problem was that after defending for years, using zonal defending, under Mancini, suddenly all the original defenders had to immediately adapt to individual man marking. Some of the defenders adapted better than others.

4) I never called Lescott a saint. Ironically, you seem to have demanded that Lescott be a saint, by leaving the club when you wanted, just to please the management! You seem to demand perfection from human beings, that only exists on a FIFA video game!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:

@Mase: Nope. Kompany's best season for us to date, and as every seasonal review had him rated as the best defender, gonna go with that.

@Doug: He is clearly with one move to blame for our first goal, heading through Cisse was schoolboy stuff. His failure in the second goal while slightly harder to spot, was more complete in it's utter incompetence. I'm not saying in this instance he was the only one to take blame, but by gods he should take the majority of it: Caught in no man's land, neither close enough to defend the cross nor in position to cut it out. Wasn't covering the inside channel meaning Joe couldn't leave his near post. Left his striker unmarked causing Clichy to be drawn in to defend him and leaving Mackie completely unmarked behind. His last ditch effort to cut out the header was a fucking mockery as well, he jumped into the net, even if he got the ball...well, still a goal if his arse is sitting in the back of the net isn't it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:59 am

Slim wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:

@Mase: Nope. Kompany's best season for us to date, and as every seasonal review had him rated as the best defender, gonna go with that.

@Doug: He is clearly with one move to blame for our first goal, heading through Cisse was schoolboy stuff. His failure in the second goal while slightly harder to spot, was more complete in it's utter incompetence. I'm not saying in this instance he was the only one to take blame, but by gods he should take the majority of it: Caught in no man's land, neither close enough to defend the cross nor in position to cut it out. Wasn't covering the inside channel meaning Joe couldn't leave his near post. Left his striker unmarked causing Clichy to be drawn in to defend him and leaving Mackie completely unmarked behind. His last ditch effort to cut out the header was a fucking mockery as well, he jumped into the net, even if he got the ball...well, still a goal if his arse is sitting in the back of the net isn't it?

You do remember kompany being done like a kipper on our right hand side as the fella went past him because his positional play was appalling don't you? Kompany was more to blame than anyone for that second goal
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby hongkongbluey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

I thought it was Nasri for not tracking back
hongkongbluey
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:12 am

I thought it was Hart because of the shampoo ads.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum