Arsenal Ladies 2 City Women 3

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arsenal Ladies 2 City Women 3

Postby bobby brows » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:27 pm

The day gets worse for Piers Morgan.

A terrific win for City and a superb performance to go with it. Absolutely dominated the first half and should have gone into the break with more than a 1-0 lead even if there was some fortune in the goal. Lucy Bronze chesting in from a corner. An actual City team who can score from set pieces.

Arsenal came out and scored directly from a cross 47 seconds after the restart and were on top for 15 minutes. However a great move from City saw a low Corboz cross provide Izzy Christensen with a tap in.

Then step up Toni Duggan who made it 3-1 with an absolute wonder goal.

Daphne Corboz, the american dave silva, should have made it 4-1 soon after but Arsenal went down the other end and made ti 3-2 for a nervy last 10 minutes.

A huge three points, from a game in which they dominated and the title is now in their hands.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Arsenal Ladies 2 City Women 3

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:39 pm

That's a great opening line! We are now 4th and just 3 points off the top with a game in hand on the 3 teams above (I think?). We could win the league. Great goal from TD and a convincing performance.....again.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:30 pm

That first half was as good as I have seen them play albeit they didn't score the goals the domination deserved. The passing was good, the movement excellent and the first touch good which isn't always the case. Absolutely played Arsenal off the park.

Then they came out and scored with a fluke. Very impressed with the way we got hold of the game again and scored 2 quality goals and that should have been it but we just had to let another in didn't we with some sloppy defending to leave the girl unmarked to head in.

Very impressed with the team organisation, the way they set up and play as a team, the fitness levels and increasingly the attacking qualities. Special mention for me for Izzie Christiansen who scored the 2nd goal. Made the pass from near the center spot to the right wing and was there in the 6 yard box to tap in the cross. She gets through an enormous amount of work, just seems to run forever.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Nice to hear, thanks Doug.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bobby brows » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi,

Please see the latest post from new site covering City's win at Arsenal ladies on Sunday (as well as West Brom on Monday)

http://stealingfiveyards.com/2015/08/11 ... al-ladies/

Any feedback appreciated.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Is it just me or does Steph Houghton and Isobel Christiansen look extremely similar? Or am I a racist sexist? I literally thought they were the same person until a few days ago.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Return to The Maine Football forum