Is what we currently have enough?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is what we currently have enough?

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:14 am

So, it would be starting to look like we have got enough in the locker to have a decent season. The defence has looked very solid thus far and the pace Sterling gives us, together with teams not knowing who to mark, gives our attack new penetration. Adding to the mix, the midfield duo of Yaya and Fern looking fresh and bang on it, we have a lot of positives.

The impending transfer in of one or two new faces will only strengthen our squad and I for one am far happier than two weeks ago
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 am

After the first two games it all looks good, but its a long season and we will see if any of them fade, I think there is still question marks about Kompany and yaya, More so yaya, and we dont have a direct replacement for him.
Then you have a few sending offs, a smattering of injuries and so on to deal with, if were lucky we will get away with what we have but still expect KDB to be signed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby kinkylola » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:03 pm

sheblue wrote:After the first two games it all looks good, but its a long season and we will see if any of them fade, I think there is still question marks about Kompany and yaya, More so yaya, and we dont have a direct replacement for him.
Then you have a few sending offs, a smattering of injuries and so on to deal with, if were lucky we will get away with what we have but still expect KDB to be signed.

I'd say there are more question marks about kompany. I think his drop in form was steeper than yaya's ... though it's easier to quantify yaya's drop in goals and assists last season. With an in-form kompany, we walk the league last year, imo.

From these first 2 games, I'm feeling confident that he has recaptured at least some of that form, his confidence certainly couldn't get any higher at this point, and a start like this is exactly what he needed. Hopefully he'll push on an keep improving.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum