***Stuttgart vs God's Own Eleven 1/8/15 4pm UK/5pm CET***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Stuttgart vs God's Own Eleven 1/8/15 4pm UK/5pm CET**

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:How fucking irritating is that cunt commentating on the site?

He's obviously the bellend that does the highlight Commentary too... becomes Spanish whenever he says a Spanish name.

Tool.

I didn't hear, although I do believe I know the one you are referring to from the team's site...and not to be rude, but what's wrong with pronouncing someone's name as it is intended to sound?

i.e. "hey-suess" vs. "jeez-us"
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:47 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Original Dub wrote:How fucking irritating is that cunt commentating on the site?

He's obviously the bellend that does the highlight Commentary too... becomes Spanish whenever he says a Spanish name.

Tool.

I didn't hear, although I do believe I know the one you are referring to from the team's site...and not to be rude, but what's wrong with pronouncing someone's name as it is intended to sound?

He makes a really bad job of it. He is as convincing as that bloke who tried to speak French on 'Allo Allo'
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:07 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Tool.

He makes a really bad job of it. He is as convincing as that bloke who tried to speak French on 'Allo Allo'

This was his auction tape for 'Allo 'Allo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv4skaGzOXs
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Not seen the game. Was it like the Derby at the swamp. Keystone cops. My son has and said they had us all over the shop for 45 mins.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Not seen the game. Was it like the Derby at the swamp. Keystone cops. My son has and said they had us all over the shop for 45 mins.

It was very grim first half. We were poor at the back but there was no central midfield at all. In the second half we were set up better but the first half was worrying.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:14 pm

LoveCityHateUtd wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Tool.

This was his auction tape for 'Allo 'Allo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv4skaGzOXs

One of Joey's better performances.
South Stand Balti

Postby Tim777 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:31 pm

phips wrote:hahahahaa

?
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:06 pm

CTID Hants wrote:BeIN commentator pronouncing Denayer Den-eye-A, not sure if it's right but sounds wrong to me

I thought it might be helpful to hear the players pronounce their own names. Here is Jason Denayer's interview first:
Watch on youtube.com
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Here is Edin Džeko (Bosnian pronunciation: [ˈedin ˈd͡ʒeko]
... a player who may never be appreciated enough by City management, or fans! If he must leave, the least we can do is finally pronounce his name correctly!
Watch on youtube.com
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I can't work out what our midfield was and did we play more 4.3.3 in the first half or 4.4.2? Seems to be 4.3.3 with Bony,Sterling and Siilva and then the middle 3 were Lopes,Evans and Navas or am I way off beam?

Add to that it sounds like Vinnie had a mare plus the full backs were their usual defensive misfits.Did Denayer really come on at half time and make us look better?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I can't work out what our midfield was and did we play more 4.3.3 in the first half or 4.4.2? Seems to be 4.3.3 with Bony,Sterling and Siilva and then the middle 3 were Lopes,Evans and Navas or am I way off beam?

Add to that it sounds like Vinnie had a mare plus the full backs were their usual defensive misfits.Did Denayer really come on at half time and make us look better?

It really is difficult to say what our formation was at the start. My best guess is 4-2-4. Evans played in central midfield alone, but i suspect Nasri was detailed to play alongside him. The defence was poor but there was no protection from midfield with no one tracking back. The defenders were all culpable but they were heavily outnumbered at times. Denayer did come on at half time for Vinnie and we were much better, but there was a bank of 4 midfielders in front of them in the 2nd half, which helped. The massive number of subs in the 2nd half broke the game up too. Fernando is out of the Baggies game so I don't know who will play in central midfield with Yaya.
South Stand Balti

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:36 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I can't work out what our midfield was and did we play more 4.3.3 in the first half or 4.4.2? Seems to be 4.3.3 with Bony,Sterling and Siilva and then the middle 3 were Lopes,Evans and Navas or am I way off beam?

It really is difficult to say what our formation was at the start. My best guess is 4-2-4. Evans played in central midfield alone, but i suspect Nasri was detailed to play alongside him. The defence was poor but there was no protection from midfield with no one tracking back. The defenders were all culpable but they were heavily outnumbered at times. Denayer did come on at half time for Vinnie and we were much better, but there was a bank of 4 midfielders in front of them in the 2nd half, which helped. The massive number of subs in the 2nd half broke the game up too. Fernando is out of the Baggies game so I don't know who will play in central midfield with Yaya.

Didn't see the game, but MEN reported that we started with 433.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:BeIN commentator pronouncing Denayer Den-eye-A, not sure if it's right but sounds wrong to me

I thought it might be helpful to hear the players pronounce their own names. Here is Jason Denayer's interview first:

So it's Den I er,

The denyer, I like it
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Quite incredible that this billion pound outfit is at this stage of chaos with a week to go. What the fuck is going on???????
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:04 pm

CTID Hants wrote: So it's Den I er,
The denyer, I like it

Yes, we can call him Jason Denayer... the Denier of goals!
... and Edin Džeko gets a big check-o for scoring more goals...assisted by Hey, Seuss Navas!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Watched the "highlights" on the MCFC website...

What was going on with some of those goals...sheesh.

I was thinking that one was offside, which Mangala was calling for....but maybe he should have tried to play it more so then.

But the last one maybe, the one before...what was Kompany doing? He seemed to be looking at the ball, while his man was going to his right around him. Awful to watch.

Sterling, Silva and Nacho all looked good in the clips.

We may have to win 5-3 against West Brom. Ugh.

Vinnie is not going to be benched for the first match. But it is worrying.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum