Advice to Pellegrini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Advice to Pellegrini

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:25 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:It wasn't particularly directed at you, as I've read plenty of similar statements.

That said, I still fail to see how including KDB in the line-up would affect Yaya's position.

I explained in the last post how I believe it would. Not sure where you're getting tripped up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:45 am

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:1. We never had the players for a 4-4-2, and that's even more true now, so fucking stop it.
2. Left back....buy a FUCKING left back.
3. Play a defensive midfielder as a defensive midfielder, Fernando will be hugely effective if not being asked to defend half the pitch alone.
4. Domestic cups are for kids as much as possible, forcing us into a 4-6-0 because you lose our last striker in a dead rubber was amateur hour.
5. Garcia and Iheanacho, they're ready.
6. Sell Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko, Clichy(if you listen to #2)

On your 1st point do you not see bony as a potential replacement for Neggers in a 442? I'm not saying I want it or it should be the go to, but Id be suprised if there aren't some games where we attempt to replicate our attacking ways of last year with a bony up top with Aguero.

I think it's more about our midfield than the strikers. Sterling and silva prefer to come inside and I see us lining up with s lopsided 4-3-3 next season with sterling lending more support to aguero with silva dancing across that line inbetween defenders and midfielders. I hope we sign de Bruyne because it'll mean less running for yaya and his range of passing will come into play from deep.

Oh yeah as 1st choice and strong majority I agree, I can't see him not trying Aguero and bony up top at some point though and if they bang them in it will be interesting to see how he mixes it up. We could well see a couple of formations based on who's playing this season. They all share his philosophy so won't be massive differences but I'm very curios to see how and when each are applied.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:02 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:1. We never had the players for a 4-4-2, and that's even more true now, so fucking stop it.
3. Play a defensive midfielder as a defensive midfielder, Fernando will be hugely effective if not being asked to defend half the pitch alone.
4. Domestic cups are for kids as much as possible, forcing us into a 4-6-0 because you lose our last striker in a dead rubber was amateur hour.

On your 1st point do you not see bony as a potential replacement for Neggers in a 442? I'm not saying I want it or it should be the go to, but Id be suprised if there aren't some games where we attempt to replicate our attacking ways of last year with a bony up top with Aguero.

I think it's more about our midfield than the strikers. Sterling and silva prefer to come inside and I see us lining up with s lopsided 4-3-3 next season with sterling lending more support to aguero with silva dancing across that line inbetween defenders and midfielders. I hope we sign de Bruyne because it'll mean less running for yaya and his range of passing will come into play from deep.

Oh yeah as 1st choice and strong majority I agree, I can't see him not trying Aguero and bony up top at some point though and if they bang them in it will be interesting to see how he mixes it up. We could well see a couple of formations based on who's playing this season. They all share his philosophy so won't be massive differences but I'm very curios to see how and when each are applied.

I think over the course we may see a number of formations due to scheduling, injuries and the like. So I wouldn't rule anything out...let's see if we can't skip the 4-6-0 though, as that does mean we are without a fit striker again and I think any football fan who isn't a complete moron will tell you we got out of jail with that one last time.

I like the idea of Bony upfront being flanked by Raheem and Kun, Silva in behind pulling the strings, that's an attack that would scare the shit out of most opponents, but a traditional 4-4-2 relies on structured width which we have in Navas and umm, Kolarov? Nasri, Sterling, Silva and de Bruyne(I believe this one is done) are not going to give you that and I think that the Navas/Kolarov winger combo is way down the list of Peller's go to combinations. If it were me, and sometimes I feel as though it should be me...Burnley away for example. I'd play one up top and have three players in behind him as roaming attackers. Two sitting midfielders and give licence to the fullbacks to provide width. Mancini's formation with the right players will destroy teams.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:47 am

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I think over the course we may see a number of formations due to scheduling, injuries and the like. So I wouldn't rule anything out...let's see if we can't skip the 4-6-0 though, as that does mean we are without a fit striker again and I think any football fan who isn't a complete moron will tell you we got out of jail with that one last time.

I like the idea of Bony upfront being flanked by Raheem and Kun, Silva in behind pulling the strings, that's an attack that would scare the shit out of most opponents, but a traditional 4-4-2 relies on structured width which we have in Navas and umm, Kolarov? Nasri, Sterling, Silva and de Bruyne(I believe this one is done) are not going to give you that and I think that the Navas/Kolarov winger combo is way down the list of Peller's go to combinations. If it were me, and sometimes I feel as though it should be me...Burnley away for example. I'd play one up top and have three players in behind him as roaming attackers. Two sitting midfielders and give licence to the fullbacks to provide width. Mancini's formation with the right players will destroy teams.

De Bruyne can give us width can he not? I haven't seen all that much of him to be honest but anytime I've seen him for Belgium he was hugging a sideline.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:De Bruyne can give us width can he not? I haven't seen all that much of him to be honest but anytime I've seen him for Belgium he was hugging a sideline.

I'm sure there are people who've seen him play more than me but everytime I see him, he's been drifting inside and running at centrehalves like they are statues.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:02 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Get some sleep lad, you look shattered.

Post of the summer. It shouldn't go unnoticed.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:56 pm

sell yaya and nasri
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:10 pm

On a serious note, i will want him to be harsh when he needs to be. The Count looks like a really nice human being and i hardly imagine him shouting or acting like a cunt and not people are like him and here i am thinking at some players that we have, who will take the piss in some huge moments.

I have faith in him, not because he is the best manager in the league (he is not), but because he is a nice guy that showed respect even to that cunt Pardew.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Treat the Premier League games before and after the Champions League with the proper respect. No putting out weakened sides against sides we should beat, but then don't. If we are not careful we are then playing catch up again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Start to panic or get two centre halls.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Play the youngsters - they seem to be our only hope.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Get rid of Kompany and Sagna.

Play Mangala out at left back and switch Clichy over to the right.

Make an offer for Ezequiel Garay, or try to buy Otamendi.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Sometime I would like to advice someone to start panic. Haha.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Play that useless lump of shit ahead of Denayer one more time and you can fuck off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Play that useless lump of shit ahead of Denayer one more time and you can fuck off.

Honestly a 15m bid for kompany would be fine right now. As long as he didn't got to arsenal or rags.

He's a cunt. A-grade. He is absolutely finished imho. I can't see any way back from how crap he is. He's a Belgian spaz. End of.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Zero intolerance for not putting in maximum effort off the ball. That means Silva Nasri and Yaya as well. Tell Hart he has to put in the hours on distribution or he'll be on his bike next season. Tell Kompany that he has to earn his place with consistent high level performances otherwise he'll be benched. In short no favourites. Will any of them listen though when they're expecting Pellegrini to go and Pep to come in next season?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby kennyboy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Enjoy your last season with us, and dont spend to much of Pep's money for next season.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Get rid of the ghost sitting next to you, put Vieira and Kidd next to you and fucking listen to them.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Play that useless lump of shit ahead of Denayer one more time and you can fuck off.

Honestly a 15m bid for kompany would be fine right now. As long as he didn't got to arsenal or rags.

He's a cunt. A-grade. He is absolutely finished imho. I can't see any way back from how crap he is. He's a Belgian spaz. End of.

Cheers

Did not know Bowie was belgian.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Interesting that so much stock has been put in a friendly.

Personally I'd have been thinking this is the last game, after a trip around the fucking world, and I'm gonna save myself for next week.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum