Advice to Pellegrini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Advice to Pellegrini

Postby sheblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:30 pm

Buy a left back and a centre back.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:Sell Jovetic.

Please God the club reads this forum.You would make an excellent addition to the backroom staff with advice like that.
Maybe we should sell Richie Dunne and Spencer Prior too?
Original Dub

Postby ruralblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Have a couple of these promising young guns on the bench EVERY game. If we are ahead by three goals by seventy minutes give one of them half hour time. They'll only be brought in by getting game time.

Also please do feel free to sub Yaya if he's lagging / fucked or heads not in it.

Bloody he'll they kept that quiet. 100 minutes a game !! Seriously though....
I agree entirely. Just those minutes will bring them on enormously.

I garden we don't do maths. My working day is 8.30 - 4. I worm 8 1/2 hours a day, I'm tired. ;-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm

My advice to Manuel Pellegrini would be as follows:

#1) Don't give up your day job... to Pep Guardiola, at least without a damn good fight for the job!!

#2) When City play Chelsea at home & away, please wear a name tag that says, "Hi, my name is Pellegrini and NOT "Pellegrino" !
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:07 pm

I know you want to score goals but if you don't protect our goal we won't have a chance.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:16 pm

Rural.

I reckon we'll see the youngsters getting a run out this season, more than I'd have expected.

Along side our main players, they'll begin to shine.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Don't take any advice from Mancityfans.net :p
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Don't take any advice from Mancityfans.net :p

Obviously we'll give him your advice last!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Get a facial

cheers

I can crack one out to most things, but I don't think I could do it over Manuel. Maybe if he wore secretary glasses and pigtails...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 pm

1. We never had the players for a 4-4-2, and that's even more true now, so fucking stop it.
2. Left back....buy a FUCKING left back.
3. Play a defensive midfielder as a defensive midfielder, Fernando will be hugely effective if not being asked to defend half the pitch alone.
4. Domestic cups are for kids as much as possible, forcing us into a 4-6-0 because you lose our last striker in a dead rubber was amateur hour.
5. Garcia and Iheanacho, they're ready.
6. Sell Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko, Clichy(if you listen to #2)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Slim wrote:1. We never had the players for a 4-4-2, and that's even more true now, so fucking stop it.
3. Play a defensive midfielder as a defensive midfielder, Fernando will be hugely effective if not being asked to defend half the pitch alone.
4. Domestic cups are for kids as much as possible, forcing us into a 4-6-0 because you lose our last striker in a dead rubber was amateur hour.

On your 1st point do you not see bony as a potential replacement for Neggers in a 442? I'm not saying I want it or it should be the go to, but Id be suprised if there aren't some games where we attempt to replicate our attacking ways of last year with a bony up top with Aguero.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Get some sleep lad, you look shattered.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Tim777 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:1. We never had the players for a 4-4-2, and that's even more true now, so fucking stop it.

On your 1st point do you not see bony as a potential replacement for Neggers in a 442? I'm not saying I want it or it should be the go to, but Id be suprised if there aren't some games where we attempt to replicate our attacking ways of last year with a bony up top with Aguero.

I don't think it would work based on what we currently have in defence.

With reference to points 2 and 3, a 4-5-1 is the way to go I would think, especially since our back four is not the best in the league, so we would need Fern 1 or 2 to be there to provide defensive support to them from midfield.

Then further down, that would leave the more attacking midfielders to concentrate on creating chances for the striker, and even/most probably adding to the goal tally. Thus maintaining our attacking prowess.
Besides, we have an S-A-S, or S-B-S if Aguero is injured/needs resting, or for cup games.

Basically a well-covered defence coupled with a strong presence in midfield, in both directions.
Just my opinion.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:56 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Tim777 wrote:When something, like a formation, is not working, don't keep at it week after week. That's insanity.
When something is working, don't change it. That's also insanity.
When a player is not performing at the required standard, do not be afraid to replace/rest them, for as long as it takes.

but we play a "system" and not really a "formation." A formation implies a strictness of structure which is a lot less fluid than our players are allowed. Splitting hairs, but i think we've drilled this to death when we're struggling.

It's the old argument 5 vs 4 in midfield, and 2 strikers or 1 or a front 3, etc....I don't see those are legit arguments around how we really actually play tho. And i think players like Sterling and hopefully KDB will prove my point, where some like Nasri, Yaya, and Navas made the Count look clueless at times last season due to either effort, skillset or application.

cheers

agree with this 100%
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:10 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I think it's more about our midfield than the strikers. Sterling and silva prefer to come inside and I see us lining up with s lopsided 4-3-3 next season with sterling lending more support to aguero with silva dancing across that line inbetween defenders and midfielders. I hope we sign de Bruyne because it'll mean less running for yaya and his range of passing will come into play from deep.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:31 am

Smash Chelsea, no cagey crap. Ruin Jose early.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:01 am

When I've watched KDB for Wolfsburg, he didn't look particularly arsed running around, chasing, pressing or doing any other form of defending at all. If you expect him to take some workload off the likes of Yaya or Fernandinho, you're in for a serious wake-up call.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:44 am

1. Never compromise on the City policy of all out attack.

2. Don't worry overmuch about the defence; if the attack is doing the business, it'll sort itself out.

3. Bring youngsters in throughout the season to 'blood' (and assess) as many as possible by its end.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:54 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:When I've watched KDB for Wolfsburg, he didn't look particularly arsed running around, chasing, pressing or doing any other form of defending at all. If you expect him to take some workload off the likes of Yaya or Fernandinho, you're in for a serious wake-up call.

Didn't say that. Did say that if we sign KDB that Yaya will play a deeper role and won't have to run so much. Please stop interpreting what I say to fit whatever point you'd like to make.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 pm

It wasn't particularly directed at you, as I've read plenty of similar statements.

That said, I still fail to see how including KDB in the line-up would affect Yaya's position.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum