' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:39 pm

There is absolutely no reason to sell Edin. It is just plain stupid.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Seen players with a far better first touch than Dzeko playing pub league football on a Sunday morning . Edin however served us well for 3 of his 4 seasons scoring plenty of important goals , the run in to our 2013/14 title was for me his finest moment , superb effort from him ! Last season he was utter shite .......... good luck to him in Italy he will score plenty there for sure .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Cheers for everything Edin it's been great and cheers for the goals and being a sound geezer.

Hello Cheeks now get that cash on another forward.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:10 pm

The thing with Ed is that he's a thinker - which is a strongpoint and also a weakness. When he's on his game he can come up with match winning passes/assists from near the halfway line and score 'perfect hattricks', or exploit the channels and create space in the centre for team mates or get himself into exacty the right space at the right time to take a chance or rebound etc. When he's off his game he can over think things and get himself into a downward spiral as his confidence evaporates and his touch deserts him. I'm going to miss him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby kinkylola » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Thanks for the goals Ed, you'll always have a place in City history.

I'm not going to miss the touch though ... deserted him more often than not, especially at the end. Hope he does well at Roma, and with his NT. Think he'll be a good signing and probably a player that will score a few against us when we inevitably play roma in the CL.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:03 pm

Cheers for the important goals! I won't miss your obvious lack of effort when you couldn't be arsed. Fair play though you didn't even try to hide it! Don't take Kola with you!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Mase wrote:Cheers for the important goals! I won't miss your obvious lack of effort when you couldn't be arsed. Fair play though you didn't even try to hide it! Don't take Kola with you!

That's strikers for you, listen to Ian Wright he would agree with you on the not loved so ok fuck it I will sulk. He has been surplus under MP, despite the fact he won us points in the run in. Good luck Edin you did your bit.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Thanks Edin. It's been emotional, very emotional.

I'll always remember his QPR goal and thinking that it was one of the most pointless goals ever scored. Very glad to have been completely wrong.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bleed_Blue » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks Edin, give it a month and half the fans here will be against this sale.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:05 am

Wait is it official he's gone?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:18 am

Bleed_Blue wrote:Thanks Edin, give it a month and half the fans here will be against this sale.

Bleed Blue, I need no time at all, to know that this sale of Edin Dzeko is a total mistake and another negotiating failure by Txiki! Even for people who want Edin to leave, the fee is completely unacceptable, for a striker that is the 5th top striker in the league!... Dzeko has scored 73 goals and 39 assists, in all comps.

Proof this fee is robbery?... 2 years ago, Tottenham paid Roma 25 million GBP for Erik Lamela! Tottenham are asking £11 million for total flop, Roberto Soldado and Utd are asking £12 million for Chicharito! Edin is only worth 2-3 million more than those players?!
W.Brom are asking £25 million for potential replacement Saido Berahino.

When will mgt. finally learn to sell goalscorers, ONLY after their replacements are bedded in & scoring regularly?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:53 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Bleed_Blue wrote:Thanks Edin, give it a month and half the fans here will be against this sale.

Bleed Blue, I need no time at all, to know that this sale of Edin Dzeko is a total mistake and another negotiating failure by Txiki! Even for people who want Edin to leave, the fee is completely unacceptable, for a striker that is the 5th top striker in the league!... Dzeko has scored 73 goals and 39 assists, in all comps.

Proof this fee is robbery?... 2 years ago, Tottenham paid Roma 25 million GBP for Erik Lamela! Tottenham are asking £11 million for total flop, Roberto Soldado and Utd are asking £12 million for Chicharito! Edin is only worth 2-3 million more than those players?!
W.Brom are asking £25 million for potential replacement Saido Berahino.

When will mgt. finally learn to sell goalscorers, ONLY after their replacements are bedded in & scoring regularly?

Jayko is 29 and coming off a completely shit season. Zero fucking leverage.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:53 am

zuricity wrote:There is absolutely no reason to sell Edin. It is just plain stupid.

Me and you have definitely not been watching the same fella.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:00 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Jayko is 29 and coming off a completely shit season. Zero fucking leverage.
Cheers

DOOMmerchant
Edin Džeko and Samir Nasri were both injured through most of the season, for the first time in their careers! With Džeko's superior goals & assists total, then why is Nasri being given more time to get back in form, rather than Edin? Kompany, Fernando, Silva, Yaya, Bony and Aguero were all injured and given time to heal... Why no patience for Dzeko?

A failed season is being totally fit, but still playing miserably... That's not the case here. If Moronho can give Falcao another chance, certainly Edin is a less costly gamble, than hoping the remaining team can fill in Džeko's goals? If City was getting £50 million, or even the £20 million they asked for, only then would this make any sense.
Živjeli!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:18 am

Because edin has wanted out and nasri wants to stay
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:21 am

Well we pay too much and sell for too little, but that aside we really need to start getting players in now. We seem to have shifted a lot (some that simply drifted along and gave little or nothing I know) but our squad seems too small on paper, I bloody hope they have a master plan and everyone is going to be shocked or something similar because we look like we could be very light on players if donkey and nasri go too.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:32 am

He had to go, we couldn't wait for his form to return and his last few performances were so below par (pre-season friendlies do not count) that we couldn't persevere with him any longer. He's a player who needs regular football, but he would never get that here & we aren't in a position for players to dip in & out of form (it begs the question what we do with Nasri & Kompany if they don't shape up). Its not as if Edin didn't have blips in form under Mancini, so we cant say its managerial or playing style problems. Not glossing over his achievements, but why have him languishing on the bench when you could have Ian or a.n.other pushing for game time.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:51 am

I can see his tribute on the O.S being a fantastic watch. All the best Edin.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:02 am

Probably the right time to shift him, but with he and jovetic going I feel we need 1 player in.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:13 am

Clearing the decks for Pep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel