' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Do Edin and Jovetic have the same PR manager?
They both spelled 'staff' as 'stuff' in their goodbye letters.

Noticed that, I've also noticed a lot of Eastern Europeans mixing up u and a on message boards. For example 'fun' instead of 'fan', so you'd have 'Dzeko Funboys'.

Surely the references to 'u' and 'a' in your first sentence also need quotation marks ? As you do so well in your second sentence.

Yep, a lack of attention to detail, I'll try harder next time, sir. ;)

Don't get me wrong, but if we are going to take the piss out of others whose native tongue is not English, we had better get it all right. I mean we, on this site go on and on about the 'hidden agendas' etc, ( A couple even belittle some of those that participate in the dialogues, because of their poor English). We ought to get our own stuff right.

Now then, if we had loaned Edin out to Chelsea would those 'funboys' become 'Runtboys' or 'Rentboys' ?

I wasn't taking the piss mate. In fact I've often wondered why they mixed them up, I assumed it's to do with pronunciation.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby crowdsway » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Roma recruit Dzeko: I'll always be a City fan

Edin Dzeko bade farewell to Manchester City in an open letter after completing his transfer to Roma.
Bosnia-Herzegovina international striker Edin Dzeko said he will always be a Manchester City fan after joining Serie A outfit Roma on a season-long loan deal.
Dzeko's long-awaited transfer to Roma was completed on Wednesday, with the Bosnian moving to the Italian capital on a temporary basis until June with a view to a permanent switch.
The 29-year-old, who found playing opportunities hard to come by last season having made just 11 Premier League starts, was a key member in City's two title-winning teams in 2011-12 and 2013-14.
And Dzeko thanked the club for their support since arriving from Wolfsburg in January 2011.
"After four-and-a-half years, filled with your chants for me and my love for you, the time has come to say goodbye," he said. "I have spent some of the best moments of my career at Manchester City, moments that I will never forget.
"Five trophies and many more wins over our biggest rivals, as well as the joy on your faces are all the things a person can never forget.
"Thanks you for everything. Thank you to all the people in the club who have always been there for me.
"I owe a special thank you to my team-mates and staff who have become like family to me in these years - which is precisely how I saw Manchester City - as one big family.
"And as you know, saying goodbye to close ones is always the hardest.
"Yes, it is time to say goodbye and face new challenges. I am moving forward to a new country, to another great club with amazing fans. But the time spent with you, as well as the happiness and love I have felt there will always stay with me.
"I will continue to be a big fan of Manchester City, to whom I wish all the best and many more trophies and happiness in the future.
crowdsway
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby dazby » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:19 am

Love that and Love Edin.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:21 am

Tearing up a bit reading that!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:24 am

Its a give away price, but good he moves on, another season sulking would be bad for the squad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:28 am

Classy farewell note from big Ed.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:48 am

Fucking amazing letter.

Some pricks like Milner should learn from this. Bye, Ed, it was emotional.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby clippo22 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:33 pm

EDIN DZEKOOOO OOOO OOOOO!!!

Thanks for the memories big man! Good luck at Roma, very classy letter too!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Can't fault the lad for the content of that letter. Makes it all the more odd why he's has been marginalised
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Aw, what a classy farewell - best of luck Big Ed I'll always welcome you back if our paths cross in the future.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby littlebig » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Nice touch from Edin who will be remembered fondly at the club. He did seem quite sad, like he was moving against his will.

Not a great return for the books from our point of view but does free up a lot of wages to invest elsewhere. Anyone know what wedge he was on? Anyone know what the wages were of all outgoings this summer?

It is bittersweet as he did an important job for the club but it's exciting in that we are now arguably upgrading Edin, who is a decent player. It's a significant marker in our long term progress. Evolution.

Good luck Edin.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Bye Edin

My first impression of you was what an intelligent striker you were. My second was what a lousy first touch you could have. You scored a lot of important goals and you made my day on many occassions. Good luck!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:57 pm

littlebig wrote:Nice touch from Edin

I dont think that phrase has ever been said before
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:03 am

Edin has given new interviews, stating that he didn't leave because of disagreements with the City management.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Also, here is a nice photo feature, courtesy of the Typical City blog:
http://www.typicalcity.org/2015/08/06/i ... ty-career/?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:57 am

I'll never forget him counting his fingers at old trafford. Great memories!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:00 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I'll never forget him counting his fingers at old trafford. Great memories!

Lee, that is also my favourite memory of Edin, especially since that match was one of the most important City matches ever! So, here's that classic photo again, for another smile!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:50 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I'll never forget him counting his fingers at old trafford. Great memories!

Lee, that is also my favourite memory of Edin, especially since that match was one of the most important City matches ever! So, here's that classic photo again, for another smile!

Beautiful
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Kolarov looks a bit like Tevez in the above picture... strange.

zuricity wrote:Please name me one game where we have clearly seen that Bony fits into our style of play better than Edin.

Edin will always be a huge part of our club and I love the guy.

But check out the touch son. That's how he fits better into our team.

Watch on youtube.com

Oh and him holding up the ball extrememly well, keeping posession, linking upwith Yaya, and winning headers all over the place like last game
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:11 pm

bigblue wrote:Kolarov looks a bit like Tevez in the above picture... strange.

zuricity wrote:Please name me one game where we have clearly seen that Bony fits into our style of play better than Edin.

Watch on youtube.com

Oh and him holding up the ball extrememly well, keeping posession, linking upwith Yaya, and winning headers all over the place like last game

That first goal is not the first occasion he's done that - he showed it last season too. He establishes a physical presence amongst their defence like some kind of giant magnet which means they are constantly trying to second guess him, then every now and then he lays the ball off quickly for a player close to him and we either score or get a decent chance out of it. Hopefully we should see it a few more times this season too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:47 pm

bigblue wrote:Kolarov looks a bit like Tevez in the above picture... strange.

Bigblue & Zuricity:
As I've stated before, Wilfried Bony was brought in by the management, to replace Alvaro Negredo and NOT Edin Dzeko! By Nov-Dec, 2014, City had a number of strikers & midfielders all unavailable, due to injuries, which left them with insufficient coverage. So, in January, 2015, they brought in Bony to replace Negredo, after deciding they DID NEED 4 strikers, after all.

With Aguero, Bony & Iheanacho remaining, that still leaves City with only 3 strikers and 2 of them have yet to start scoring regularly for City! Yes, Raheem Sterling could fill in as a 4th striker, but he's been used more as a left winger, so far.

Obviously, management are expecting a lot more goals from all the attacking midfielders combined. If City plans to use the midfielders as false strikers, then they need to take a lot more shots on goal, rather than endlessly passing the ball to someone else!

I don't want to see City in the exact same position as last year, with insufficient backups, to cover for player injuries & absences. I still believe it would have been safer to keep Dzeko, at least until January.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ap-8596249
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum