' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:19 am

According to the Count himself:

Pellegrini unsure over Dzeko future

With speculation surrounding Edin Dzeko's future continuing to mount, Manuel Pellegrini remains unclear on the striker's fate.

Edin Dzeko's future at Manchester City remains uncertain, with manager Manuel Pellegrini suggesting he will not feature in the club's pre-season games until the matter is resolved.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina international has been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium in the off-season, with Roma widely reported to be interested in his services.

Dzeko played no part for City in their International Champions Cup clash with Roma on Tuesday, which the Premier League side won on penalties following a 2-2 draw.

And ahead of a clash against Real Madrid on Friday, Pellegrini was unable to shed much light on the future of his forward.

"Edin didn't play the last game as it's not clear if he will continue here but he is still working here with the whole squad," he said.

Pellegrini also confirmed that Fabian Delph would likely make his debut following his move from Aston Villa, while Yaya Toure was once again quizzed on his future at City.

"There was too much speculation about me leaving – it's clear that I have my contract at City and I want to see out my contract," he said.

Meanwhile Pellegrini, a former Real manager, is looking forward to facing his former employers in front of a huge crowd at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

"We are in pre-season and it's a friendly but the fans deserve a good game – I'm sure Real Madrid and us will play a good game," he said.

"Playing in front of 90,000 is big for the players – although the result is not important, both teams will try to win.

"It's always special to play against Real Madrid, especially because of the way the fans supported me when I left there."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/pellegr ... wEXUThk.99
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: ' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

It's clear cheeks is just waiting for the right offer from Roma or Juve will we recieve the 20 millions we want?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

No big surprise there. I just hope we get an acceptable fee for him.
I wonder if a possible Jovetic deal is farther from completion, since he wasn't mentioned.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 am

mr_nool wrote:No big surprise there. I just hope we get an acceptable fee for him.
I wonder if a possible Jovetic deal is farther from completion, since he wasn't mentioned.

Jovetic is almost done according to media. Mancini is signing him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:No big surprise there. I just hope we get an acceptable fee for him.

Jovetic is almost done according to media. Mancini is signing him.

I imagine Jovetic will be a loan deal to Inter or maybe Roma. I hope there is an obligation to buy if that is the case.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:25 am

Seen as he hasn't played any of our friendlies and after these comments from the Count it looks pretty clear he is going.

Jovetic to inter looks nearly done, for what we are gonna end up getting for him I'd rather have him around in the hope that he can manage a few appearances this season! I'm desperate to see what he can do for us, don't think that's gonna happen though.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:29 am

To be fair, i am a bit sad because he is leaving, even if it is a normal piece of business.

He was a big part of our project here, huge contribution in our two titles and a beast when he was in his game. All the best to the fella if he goes.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:51 am

I'm not Bosnian or anything but will be sad to see Edin go.

Proper goalscorer.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:11 pm

With some mental and physical toughness he could've been incredible, instead he's soft as shite and unfulfilled potential. However, he was important for us and did contribute so I can't really argue about his standing. If he goes, good luck to him.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:29 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:With some mental and physical toughness he could've been incredible, instead he's soft as shite and unfulfilled potential. However, he was important for us and did contribute so I can't really argue about his standing. If he goes, good luck to him.

Spot on.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Edin was a big part to us winning our last title. He definately stepped up to the plate when asked.

I'll not forget his goals in the 6-1 thrashing at the swamp or his cameo role when he scored 4 goals at Spurs or his vital equaliser against QPR on that day

That aside as KinkyK just pointed out about his mental/physical toughness and that shite first touch, such as shame, as he should of been a world superstar

Anyway, if or when you go Edin, I'll say thank you for the memories and I'll wish you all the best where ever your venture takes you next
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Bluedj wrote:Edin was a big part to us winning our last title. He definately stepped up to the plate when asked.

I'll not forget his goals in the 6-1 thrashing at the swamp or his cameo role when he scored 4 goals at Spurs or his vital equaliser against QPR on that day

That aside as KinkyK just pointed out about his mental/physical toughness and that shite first touch, such as shame, as he should of been a world superstar

Anyway, if or when you go Edin, I'll say thank you for the memories and I'll wish you all the best where ever your venture takes you next

Scored some memorable goals, we would not have overhauled Liverpool without him. When he has a point to prove, he is awesome. Shame he doesnt play like that all the time. I like him and will have nothing but fond memories if he leaves.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:49 pm

I like(d) Edin a lot, but I think it's the right time for him to move on. Especially if/when that opens up a place for Iheanacho.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I'm not Bosnian or anything but will be sad to see Edin go.

Proper goalscorer.

I'll be sad to see him go too, he will always have a place in our history though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:05 pm

PeterParker wrote:To be fair, i am a bit sad because he is leaving, even if it is a normal piece of business.

He was a big part of our project here, huge contribution in our two titles and a beast when he was in his game. All the best to the fella if he goes.

+1.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:I'm not Bosnian or anything but will be sad to see Edin go.
Proper goalscorer.

+1.

KinkyKinkladze wrote:With some mental and physical toughness he could've been incredible, instead he's soft as shite and unfulfilled potential. However, he was important for us and did contribute so I can't really argue about his standing. If he goes, good luck to him.

+1.

mr_nool wrote:I like(d) Edin a lot, but I think it's the right time for him to move on. Especially if/when that opens up a place for Iheanacho.

+1.

You guys are taking it easy for me to post here, I don't even need to write things myself!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
PeterParker wrote:To be fair, i am a bit sad because he is leaving, even if it is a normal piece of business.

+1.

Proper goalscorer.

+1.

+1.

mr_nool wrote:I like(d) Edin a lot, but I think it's the right time for him to move on. Especially if/when that opens up a place for Iheanacho.

+1.

You guys are taking it easy for me to post here, I don't even need to write things myself!

I agree. Good luck to him if he goes. He has contributed.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:47 pm

wonder where edin is headin'?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

+1.

Proper goalscorer.

+1.

+1.

+1.

I agree. Good luck to him if he goes. He has contributed.

There is no reason for Edin to go anywhere. All it needs is for Kun to injure himself , as he will and the manager will eat humble pie again
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wooders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Not got the right head for his skill set - bit of a wasted talent
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:35 pm

You had me worried with that thread title, I thought you meant that Ed our agent at the swamp had been sussed...
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum