' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby foreverblue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:38 pm

This deal makes no sense to me. There was no indication that Edin was becoming disruptive. He's never been a sick note. If we cut slack to Yaya for last season after a WC and ACN and Nasri for being Nasri what the hell must he have done to be got rid of so cheaply.
To be clear I thought it was the right time to move him on but just because you're loaded doesn't mean you throw something valuable away; you get some worth first (or at least make a proper effort).

Baffled.
foreverblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:47 pm

mr_nool wrote:I had expected those figures in pounds not euros.
Once again an Italian cub has gotten the better of us in the transfer market. We should atop dealing with those thieving bastards.

Your dead right Nool we have been had by an Italian club yet again.I can understand this with the jovetic deal to some extent considering he's footballs greatest hypochondriac but for Dzeko to be loaned under those terms just makes no sense at all.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:00 pm

foreverblue wrote:This deal makes no sense to me. There was no indication that Edin was becoming disruptive. He's never been a sick note. If we cut slack to Yaya for last season after a WC and ACN and Nasri for being Nasri what the hell must he have done to be got rid of so cheaply.
To be clear I thought it was the right time to move him on but just because you're loaded doesn't mean you throw something valuable away; you get some worth first (or at least make a proper effort).

Baffled.

I don't think it that he was disruptive, but his attitude on the pitch was not always great, and more clearly is as myself and others have stated, is that other than his usefulness with defensive headers, when he isn't scoring he is not as effective in other areas to the team.

This is why Bony is so valuable, as he fits more into out style now. Edin was good when we transitioned to the stature we are now at, but let's be real...he has not lived up to the hype compared to some of the other signings we made in that period. Of course, he has also been an important player with those key goals that we can never forget. Those will always be remembered, and I will think of him fondly regardless. It's just time for us to move on as we are looking to be a more direct team that doesn't rely on an old school big striker at this point. We don't even put in crosses that he could head most times anyway. He's too slow and deliberate for us at this point.

Hope he does well at Roma. I will be cheering for him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:27 pm

PrezIke wrote:
foreverblue wrote:This deal makes no sense to me. There was no indication that Edin was becoming disruptive. He's never been a sick note. If we cut slack to Yaya for last season after a WC and ACN and Nasri for being Nasri what the hell must he have done to be got rid of so cheaply.

Baffled.

I don't think it that he was disruptive, but his attitude on the pitch was not always great, and more clearly is as myself and others have stated, is that other than his usefulness with defensive headers, when he isn't scoring he is not as effective in other areas to the team.

This is why Bony is so valuable, as he fits more into out style now. Edin was good when we transitioned to the stature we are now at, but let's be real...he has not lived up to the hype compared to some of the other signings we made in that period. Of course, he has also been an important player with those key goals that we can never forget. Those will always be remembered, and I will think of him fondly regardless. It's just time for us to move on as we are looking to be a more direct team that doesn't rely on an old school big striker at this point. We don't even put in crosses that he could head most times anyway. He's too slow and deliberate for us at this point.

Please name me one game where we have clearly seen that Bony fits into our style of play better than Edin.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Daft deal
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Baffled.

Please name me one game where we have clearly seen that Bony fits into our style of play better than Edin.

West Brom
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Baffled.

West Brom

He he , nice one. Wilfried did a good impression of Lord Lucan at centre forward vs West Brom .
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:05 pm

West Brom last season?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:29 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Baffled.

West Brom

He he , nice one. Wilfried did a good impression of Lord Lucan at centre forward vs West Brom .

Involved in a nice little one two with yaya which resulted in an assist.

Not bad for Lord lucan!
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:14 pm

It was also nice to see Lord Lucan making the ball stick when it was played long.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:32 pm

and Roma just sold some defender to Milan for big money. pft. Txiki doesn't know how to negotiate prices.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:39 pm

No one else bid for him as far as we know. In the circumstances we did the best deal we could.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:42 pm

You do realise that because our players' wages are often higher than what most clubs pay for the same quality that it is harder for us to sell, right?

Also, Dzeko is 29 and coming of a poor season. Jovetic has a very poor injury record.

They also know we very much want to sell to get KDB, and due to the cost of their wages, plus the apparent limited clubs that want their services due to this, as well as what I am gathering is our own desire not to sell to our rivals (i.e. Arsenal), and that neither want to go to a mid-table club and want a chance at winning something, this is not so easy to figure out.

Name a club that should be in for him for more who he would want to go to?

I'm not saying Txiki is perfect, but let's not get carried away and say he doesn't know how to negotiate? Silliness. Come now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Well whatever the deal I wish him all the best. Apart from the obvious, my favourite moment was his goal at home to Newcastle last season. Has Ted gone with him btw?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:49 pm

No one else bid for him as far as we know. In the circumstances we did the best deal we could.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Do Edin and Jovetic have the same PR manager?
They both spelled 'staff' as 'stuff' in their goodbye letters.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:03 pm

mr_nool wrote:Do Edin and Jovetic have the same PR manager?

Noticed that, I've also noticed a lot of Eastern Europeans mixing up u and a on message boards. For example 'fun' instead of 'fan', so you'd have 'Dzeko Funboys'.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Noticed that, I've also noticed a lot of Eastern Europeans mixing up u and a on message boards. For example 'fun' instead of 'fan', so you'd have 'Dzeko Funboys'.

Surely the references to 'u' and 'a' in your first sentence also need quotation marks ? As you do so well in your second sentence.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 pm

zuricity wrote:

Surely the references to 'u' and 'a' in your first sentence also need quotation marks ? As you do so well in your second sentence.

Yep, a lack of attention to detail, I'll try harder next time, sir. ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:41 pm

zuricity wrote:

Yep, a lack of attention to detail, I'll try harder next time, sir. ;)

Don't get me wrong, but if we are going to take the piss out of others whose native tongue is not English, we had better get it all right. I mean we, on this site go on and on about the 'hidden agendas' etc, ( A couple even belittle some of those that participate in the dialogues, because of their poor English). We ought to get our own stuff right.

Now then, if we had loaned Edin out to Chelsea would those 'funboys' become 'Runtboys' or 'Rentboys' ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum