' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 pm

kinkylola wrote:Charlie Austin is English, and looked a more talented, dedicated and INTERESTED player than Dzeko has done, in a far worse team. Of course he'll go for more.

Besides the fact that we have already bought a replacement for Dzeko in Bony ... and added Sterling and potentially KDB who are going to pass out assists like Bill Cosby passing out jello shots at a house party. We've officially promoted 3 academy players to the first team, one of which is a striker that fits our play style, who along with Sterling, will back up our 2 main strikers in a 4-3-3 formation (if rumors are to be believed). Dzeko has no place in the anymore, doesn't fit in and didn't produce last season ... which was a chance for him to prove himself. He prefers to sulk. You can have all the talent in the world, if you don't have the will to apply it, you probably won't last at City.

You're the sour type that will bemoan Dzeko being gone even if Bony scores 20+.

Kinkylola:
If you were Dzeko & Nasri and you had a whole season & possible future career, destroyed by major injuries, you'd sulk too! When they were finally fit, their places had already been filled by others. I dare you to look thrilled and eager, when the manager no longer selects you!

Bony was brought in to replace Negredo. Delph is Milner's replacement and Sterling replaces Jovetic. That still leaves City with a whole lot of goals to replace, from Dzeko's 2013-2014 season. Yes, Iheanacho plus Lopes could be the replacements, but it's not happened yet.

You obviously know nothing about me, since I'm usually known as the City blind optimist!
If I seem sour, you can blame Txiki's transfer messes for making me so!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby kinkylola » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
kinkylola wrote:Charlie Austin is English, and looked a more talented, dedicated and INTERESTED player than Dzeko has done, in a far worse team. Of course he'll go for more.

Besides the fact that we have already bought a replacement for Dzeko in Bony ... and added Sterling and potentially KDB who are going to pass out assists like Bill Cosby passing out jello shots at a house party. We've officially promoted 3 academy players to the first team, one of which is a striker that fits our play style, who along with Sterling, will back up our 2 main strikers in a 4-3-3 formation (if rumors are to be believed). Dzeko has no place in the anymore, doesn't fit in and didn't produce last season ... which was a chance for him to prove himself. He prefers to sulk. You can have all the talent in the world, if you don't have the will to apply it, you probably won't last at City.

You're the sour type that will bemoan Dzeko being gone even if Bony scores 20+.

Kinkylola:
If you were Dzeko & Nasri and you had a whole season & possible future career, destroyed by major injuries, you'd sulk too! When they were finally fit, their places had already been filled by others. I dare you to look thrilled and eager, when the manager no longer selects you!

Bony was brought in to replace Negredo. Delph is Milner's replacement and Sterling replaces Jovetic. That still leaves City with a whole lot of goals to replace, from Dzeko's 2013-2014 season. Yes, Iheanacho plus Lopes could be the replacements, but it's not happened yet.

You obviously know nothing about me, since I'm usually known as the City blind optimist!
If I seem sour, you can blame Txiki's transfer messes for making me so!

2013-2014 wasn't last season ... delph will get more than 4 goals this season and replace dzeko's contribution from last season. And i've never heard a weaker argument SUPPORTING SULKING. I didn't say anything about Nasri, he sulks much less than dzeko, and does some tracking back, i've also stated that he can be an asset.

The rest of your previous post is just speculation ... "odds are that he will [regain his goal scoring form]." you're just reaching. He's at best second fiddle to Aguero. You'd have got him scoring again? You've just given excuses for his sulking, what exactly would you do to get him scoring again? Thrilled and eager? I expect players at city to be professional and determined to win. When you're left out ... you work hard in trainign to get back in, and you work hard in games to make the most of your opportunities. Dzeko doesn't want to be here, why carry this torch for him?

Also Bony was absolutely not brought in to replace Negredo. Now losing Negredo, that was a shame. He showed more talent and drive in 6 months than Edin has been able to muster over the last 2 seasons ... and he worked with the team, not as a lone diva sulking on the left wing.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Mase wrote:Dzeko is the modern day Goater.

In respective terms, a God?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Kinkylola, you seem to be missing every single point that I have made so far. Even if we all agreed that Dzeko was the worst sulking striker in the world, City should be making sure that all the new replacements are scoring first, BEFORE selling Dzeko.

City will try to replicate the goals scored in the 2013-2014 double winning season and NOT the last trophy-less season! AFTER your replacements are proving successful, then you can sell Dzeko, to a team that can afford City's asking price!

I hope this clarifies my point, as to why I oppose the sale at this price and at this particular time. Here are just 2 of the many headlines announcing Bony's arrival, as Negredo's replacement:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ny-8607810

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-city/st ... egredo-fee
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Wum ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:36 pm

zuricity wrote:Wum ?

Yes, I could change my forum name to, "WHAM The WUM"... I like alliteration!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 am

Going to miss Edin, good luck to the guy. Not sure who's going to be banging 'em in when Aguero gets injured in a month's time.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Bluedj » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:58 am

Sergio has changed his diet and been fit since. I have a sneaky feeling he'll have a pretty injury free year and be smashing goals in this season.

I also feel we'll have a Keegan type season, scoring loads of goals but letting in a fair few. Should be entertaining to say the least
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:19 am

Nice little field to do a picture.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:29 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Nice little field to do a picture.

If that is the Roma pitch behind him he must be fucking delighted, perfect for a Donkey.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:09 am

Hazy2 wrote:

If that is the Roma pitch behind him he must be fucking delighted, perfect for a Donkey.....

is that a glue factory in the background?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ruralblue » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am

Lads done us well and will be a big part of our history forever. Shame he wasn't consistent in his performance and his first touch often let him down. However he scored the goal that led to THAT goal and for that I am glad he was ours.

Ian Nancho time to shine!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:12 am

Tbf he doesn't look like the happiest cunt I've ever seen transferred.

Good luck Edin. We won't forgot your contribution to city history bro.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:25 am

The weirdest place to show that you signed a player i've ever seen.

Looks like Twin Peaks United bought him and made him take some pics near the body of Laura Palmer.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:34 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Tbf he doesn't look like the happiest cunt I've ever seen transferred.

Good luck Edin. We won't forgot your contribution to city history bro.

Cheers

I'm fairly sure he is not happy about leaving us and the artificial smile tells it all !!
I repeat your sentiment about not forgetting his contributions. Without his equaliser against QPR we would not have had the Aguerooooo moment !!

Goodbye and good luck Edin and all the best.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:48 am

Pellegrini was explicit about not going for a striker to replace Edin so forget Charlie Austin. He made it clear he wanted Nachu to have a chance and that makes sense. If a space opens up for a youngster and we immediately buy an established player what sort of signal does that send to the EDS? (I know Nachu was bought in but the point remains). We have Sterling who has played many times as a striker and Nachu. Our transfer priorities lie, and should lie, in other areas of the pitch. Someone to gee up our midfield and, I still hope, a left back.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby littlebig » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

pmsl
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 pm

According to Di Marzio Roma have to let go a non EU player before final documents can be signed for Dzeko's transfer. Bosnia is not a member of the EU. Bit late to be dealing with this issue. Is it holding up our push for de Bruyne?
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby kinkylola » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 pm

blues2win wrote:According to Di Marzio Roma have to let go a non EU player before final documents can be signed for Dzeko's transfer. Bosnia is not a member of the EU. Bit late to be dealing with this issue. Is it holding up our push for de Bruyne?

fucking bushleague ... get your shit together roma.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 pm

You shit field cunts finish the deal and let us get our midfielder.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum