Mark Clattenburg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mark Clattenburg

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Dazby, sorry mate but no way in the fucking world would I be missing this for interviews. I coach the 18's prem and 12 1's and told me both im off for the week. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I made sure I was at all 3!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 am

I'm extremely fortunate to have the role I do mate and I give it the respect it deserves.

Missing these City games is my penance for shafting my family the night we won the league. It hurts, but it is what it is.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:09 pm

edge275 wrote:Kevin Horlock was once sent off for 'aggressive walking' can you provide some insight if this is a genuine rule.

I don't think it was clattenburg reffereeing then but would like to know his take on this.

It was a creature called brian coddington apparently. Perhaps a gambling mate of mister clattenburg's.

I'd imagine they'd catch it under the "ungentlemanly conduct" rule that used to be in the book. Not sure if it is still there, to be honest.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 pm

What a really nice guy. Thanks for your input. The vid will be up later this week.

After chatting to him I get why he's been so controversial. He's a guy who shoots from the hip and says it as he sees it. Sometimes the players don't appreciate that.

The only City related titbit was that Mario Balotelli racked up 58,000 pounds in traffic fines. He just parked where he wanted- because he could afford to.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 pm

dazby wrote:What a really nice guy. Thanks for your input. The vid will be up later this week.

After chatting to him I get why he's been so controversial. He's a guy who shoots from the hip and says it as he sees it. Sometimes the players don't appreciate that.

The only City related titbit was that Mario Balotelli racked up 58,000 pounds in traffic fines. He just parked where he wanted- because he could afford to.

I hope you didn't let this swine off too easily and give him a soft ride Dazzer, old chum, especially after all the worthy 'advice' you were given on here as to what questions you should pose.

I'm looking forward to seeing this interview, so please don't be too long and keep us all waiting before you post it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 pm

As evidenced by my original post, I've not been a fan of him in the past. But he was extremely open and honest with his comments.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:Kevin Horlock was once sent off for 'aggressive walking' can you provide some insight if this is a genuine rule.

I don't think it was clattenburg reffereeing then but would like to know his take on this.

It was a creature called brian coddington apparently. Perhaps a gambling mate of mister clattenburg's.

I'd imagine they'd catch it under the "ungentlemanly conduct"rule that used to be in the book. Not sure if it is still there, to be honest.

This sounds awefully like "Section 18 of the Army ACT 1955 "Conduct Umbecoming of a Soldier" which cost me 327 days in detention of my Army career
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Bluedj wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I'd imagine they'd catch it under the "ungentlemanly conduct"rule that used to be in the book. Not sure if it is still there, to be honest.

This sounds awefully like "Section 18 of the Army ACT 1955 "Conduct Umbecoming of a Soldier" which cost me 327 days in detention of my Army career

Mind you, I was a bit of a thug
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Bluedj wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Crikey, 327 days is some record.

That sounds almost like thuggishness over and above the call of duty.

Most impressive.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Bluedj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Crikey, 327 days is some record.

That sounds almost like thuggishness over and above the call of duty.

Most impressive.

I never thought it impressive at the time when "They" the Regimental Police kept cutting all my hair off and drill bashing me on the square for hours. Was so glad when I got to the Glass House at Colchester. :-S

Came out of "Coly" a very fit lad indeedy
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Bluedj wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I got 90 days in 3 years...I thought that was bad until I read yours !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:08 am

Always thought of you as a good boy Carl lol.

What Regiment was you in mate?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:53 am

Bluedj wrote:Always thought of you as a good boy Carl lol.

Its a long story mate , Joined the Cheshire regiment originally then transfered to RCT a while after.........it was a roller coaster ride in the short 3 years I was in.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Its a long story mate , Joined the Cheshire regiment originally then transfered to RCT a while after.........it was a roller coaster ride in the short 3 years I was in.

My best mate's bruv joined the Cheshires, he didn't last two years when they were posted in Hong Kong.
My first three years were mad, then I deided to grow up and had a sucessful further years with a few propmotions and a couple of really good postings
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Bluedj wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

My best mate's bruv joined the Cheshires, he didn't last two years when they were posted in Hong Kong.
My first three years were mad, then I deided to grow up and had a sucessful further years with a few propmotions and a couple of really good postings

I got out of the army before I did real serious time in Colchester hahhaah...I was a fuckin toe rag back then, fighting was a way of Army life in Aldershot back in the 80,s!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I got out of the army before I did real serious time in Colchester hahhaah...I was a fuckin toe rag back then, fighting was a way of Army life in Aldershot back in the 80,s!

Having grown up there, I can assure you it was a way of life long before the 80's mate. All good fun though, loads of alcohol, and generally good relations with us civvies.
My finest moment was when I was seeing a lass from Sheffield, who was a PT instructor in the QARANC, and a Lieutenant to boot. Used to go to these amazing piss ups with her, and all the girlie soldiers would salute when we passed them.
Heaven for an 18yo lad.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Having grown up there, I can assure you it was a way of life long before the 80's mate. All good fun though, loads of alcohol, and generally good relations with us civvies.
My finest moment was when I was seeing a lass from Sheffield, who was a PT instructor in the QARANC, and a Lieutenant to boot. Used to go to these amazing piss ups with her, and all the girlie soldiers would salute when we passed them.
Heaven for an 18yo lad.

Our favorite night out was walking pass the globetrotter (Paras shit house of a pub/club) and shouting out obscenities to the cunts that were mulling outside....then a chase occured , then a fight , then the red hats arrived , then it was a cell.

Ahhhhh..them were them days.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Heaven for an 18yo lad.

Our favorite night out was walking pass the globetrotter (Paras shit house of a pub/club) and shouting out obscenities to the cunts that were mulling outside....then a chase occured , then a fight , then the red hats arrived , then it was a cell.

Both now gone, the Para's left quite a few years back, and were replaced by the Welsh Guards, and the Globetrotter shut down years ago.
Funnily enough, although I've moved away, I had a walk round Aldershot as a sort of nostalgia trip a few weeks ago. The town centre has turned into a real tip, reminiscent of all those pit towns in Yorkshire when the mines shut in the 80's.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:42 pm

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Heaven for an 18yo lad.

Both now gone, the Para's left quite a few years back, and were replaced by the Welsh Guards, and the Globetrotter shut down years ago.
Funnily enough, although I've moved away, I had a walk round Aldershot as a sort of nostalgia trip a few weeks ago. The town centre has turned into a real tip, reminiscent of all those pit towns in Yorkshire when the mines shut in the 80's.

Cant say I was over the moon with the place back in the 80,s mate !...one day Ill go back for the dsame nostalgic trip.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Bluedj wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Aggressive marching?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum