Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne bookies slash odds

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:26 pm

True. But we're only working with 1 season of numbers here for Kevin
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:32 pm

That looks pretty compelling to me

Sign him up
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Tim777 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:47 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Why is City interested in Kevin De Bruyne? Kevin De Bruyne outscored most midfielders in Europe, in both goals & assists combined, in all club competitions for the 2014-2015 season. At 24, Kevin De Bruyne is the same age as Eden Hazard & both played well together for the Belgian team. KDB directly contributed to 40 goals, in all club competitions, this past season.
So, I put together a comparison chart of goals & assists, scored by many of the midfielders mentioned in transfer talk, in club competition only (no Friendly or international matches inc.) I hope this table might be of interest:
Goals Assists
K. De Bruyne 15 25
Alexis Sanchez 24 9
Eden Hazard 20 11
Cesc Fabregas 6 21
Gareth Bale 17 10
David Silva 12 8
Yaya Toure 12 1
James Milner 8 7
Raheem Sterling 8 8
Paul Pogba 10 6
Santi Cazorla 7 13
Marco Reus 10 6
Ivan Rakitic 8 8
Isco 6 9
Angel Di Maria 4 10
B. Schweinsteiger 5 4
Arturo Vidal 8 4

Thanks for this, dude. Very interesting.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I didn't like the look of him for Chelsea, at all but I am a convert to this & I think he can do for City, what we hoped Jovetic would do.

After playing 2 games for chelsea, he was benched for at least a month in between appearances, only playing 395 minutes over 9 apperances in his whole chelsea career. Not sure what you really saw to dislike in the first place. Never got the chance to get going, basically like he was never even there.

Spot on.

Well said.. Some rubbish written on here at times.

What the fuck is your problem ?

I didn't like the look of him at Chelsea, as he looked manic & hurried on the ball imo. HE WAS THEN BENCHED FOR 9 GAMES, SO THEY DIDN'T EITHER. I watched him at Wolfsburg & have reconsidered my opinion, as although he still loses possession, he is very dangerous & direct, & different to what we have. There is something controversial, or wrong about that & as such it deserves to be called 'rubbish' ?

You never watched a player a few times & didn't like the look of him, then changed your mind ? There is something wrong with expressing such an opiinion ?

Football forum ?

Football forum ? Or Ted Hughes blog?

Ok i'll respond.

Like i wrote above , Bigblue is "spot on".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Tim777 wrote:Thanks for this, dude. Very interesting.

I'm very pleased that I could help with some stats... I'm sorry that I couldn't add a proper table, that was clearer to make comparisons with.

Saul had asked about Kevin De Bruyne's record in the past. He seems to have scored & assisted at every club he's played for, except Chelsea. Here is a link to KDB's player history:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/kevin-de-b ... /88755#ath

If City hope to sign either De Bruyne or Pogba, but NOT both... They already know that De Bruyne links up very well with Kompany and Denayer!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Tim777 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I didn't like the look of him for Chelsea, at all but I am a convert to this & I think he can do for City, what we hoped Jovetic would do.

After playing 2 games for chelsea, he was benched for at least a month in between appearances, only playing 395 minutes over 9 apperances in his whole chelsea career. Not sure what you really saw to dislike in the first place. Never got the chance to get going, basically like he was never even there.

Spot on.

Well said.. Some rubbish written on here at times.

What the fuck is your problem ?

I didn't like the look of him at Chelsea, as he looked manic & hurried on the ball imo. HE WAS THEN BENCHED FOR 9 GAMES, SO THEY DIDN'T EITHER. I watched him at Wolfsburg & have reconsidered my opinion, as although he still loses possession, he is very dangerous & direct, & different to what we have. There is something controversial, or wrong about that & as such it deserves to be called 'rubbish' ?

You never watched a player a few times & didn't like the look of him, then changed your mind ? There is something wrong with expressing such an opiinion ?

Football forum ?

Football forum ? Or Ted Hughes blog?

Ok i'll respond.

Like i wrote above , Bigblue is "spot on".

This is clearly an unwarranted attack on Ted.
He did stress that what little he saw of him at Chelsea did not impress him (in his opinion, which is allowed), but he has since changed his mind after seeing more of him at Wolfsburg.
What could be so wrong with that, or simpler to understand than that?
Don't be such a keyboard warrior. It's unnecessary and unproductive. End of.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:02 am

Chelsea sold him for the same reason they sold Mata one season after winning their player of the season - he wasn't a Mourinho type of player (which would be someone who is willing to buy into Mourinho's style of play and sacrifice some of their own enjoyment of the game for the good of the team).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:15 am

the good news is that Bayern are supposedly in for him. so when Pep comes next season he'll definitely have a player he likes
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 am

Dameerto wrote:Chelsea sold him for the same reason they sold Mata one season after winning their player of the season - he wasn't a Mourinho type of player (which would be someone who is willing to buy into Mourinho's style of play and sacrifice some of their own enjoyment of the game for the good of the team).

Which is what Jose has also just said, while getting in some unnecessary digs at the player:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -wolfsburg

“That is unfair because I wanted to keep him,” said the Portuguese. “And he told me it was not in his personality to be competing for a position in the team. He needed a team where he knows he can play every game. He needs to know that he is important.

“He did not want a team where he thinks am I playing or not? He needs that trust, he needs that quality. He needs that security. So I was not happy when he left. So yes it’s not fair.”

Mourinho added: “He didn’t tell me he couldn’t handle the pressure. He told me he wanted to play every weekend. I told him this is Chelsea, you are very young, you have Eden Hazard, you have Mata, you have Willian, you have Schürrle, and I cannot promise you that.

“And the first game of the season against Hull City he played. For the second game against Manchester United, he played. The third game of the season was the Super Cup in Prague, I decided not to play him. For the fourth match, in the Premier League, he was on the bench. And he was not happy. He told me he was not happy.

“He was not training very well and he was saying: ‘I can’t give you more. This is just my way.’

“So yes, I accept that if this is his mentality and it’s his choice to go, it is better for Chelsea to make a good deal. Chelsea made a good deal and he was happy to go and I am happy because the kid is a good kid. And I am happy for him

“Players have different circumstances. We sold him, made our money and it was fantastic because we bought him cheap and sold him for a fantastic price. And now Wolfsburg, if they make a fantastic deal, that is good for them.”

Also in the article is this atrocious sentence:

Providing his move to City is agreed, De Bruyne will surely see a similar situation unfold under Manuel Pellegrini whose signing of Raheem Sterling has indicated his desperation to win back the title lost to Chelsea.

media cunts...

And Ted, quit being so fucking sensitive. You put your opinion out there in such a definite manner (and defend it so vigilantly) that you should get used to people giving it back. You've always spoken as if your word is the proclamation of ultimate truth, unquestionable by nature. This crying foul and throwing a fit whenever someone simply objects to your opinion is beyond tiresome. Get over yourself or grow a thicker skin.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 am

Big Blue, I wonder why all the Moronho-loving journalists didn't bother to ask why Jose was the ONLY manager to not get goals & assists from Kevin De Bruyne, when every other manager was able to get good performances from Kevin?!

This is just more of Moronho's infantile & transparent attempts at mind games... He's hoping to prevent Kevin De Bruyne from signing for City, so De Bruyne won't stuff goals past fellow Belgian, Thibaut Courtois, whom Kev has practiced scoring against! Moaninho should take his finger and poke his own eye out, instead of keeping his eyes & nose in City's transfer business!!

Not sure why forum members are attacking each other, when we can have much more fun attacking all of City's many nemeses, instead?!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:01 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Big Blue, I wonder why all the Moronho-loving journalists didn't bother to ask why Jose was the ONLY manager to not get goals & assists from Kevin De Bruyne, when every other manager was able to get good performances from Kevin?!

This is just more of Moronho's infantile & transparent attempts at mind games... He's hoping to prevent Kevin De Bruyne from signing for City, so De Bruyne won't stuff goals past fellow Belgian, Thibaut Courtois, whom Kev has practiced scoring against! Moaninho should take his finger and poke his own eye out, instead of keeping his eyes & nose in City's transfer business!!

Not sure why forum members are attacking each other, when we can have much more fun attacking all of City's many nemeses, instead?!

I'd say Mourinho is closer in management style to Mancini than Pellegrini - so I wouldn't be surprised to see Pellegrini get decent performance levels out of KDB if he comes here, even if he doesn't play every game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Last edited by WhyAlwaysMe? on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:14 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I'd say Mourinho is closer in management style to Mancini than Pellegrini - so I wouldn't be surprised to see Pellegrini get decent performance levels out of KDB if he comes here, even if he doesn't play every game.

Dameerto, I completely agree that Pellegrini should be able to get good performances from De Bruyne, Paul Pogba, Isco, or any of the other attacking midfielders City have been recently linked with.

As for Jose Mourinho's management style, the only thing he has in common with Roberto Mancini, is that he once managed Inter Milan and likes to make sure the defensive balance is correct first! Mourinho would never have pulled off the man management miracle of bringing Carlos Tevez back from exile, to win the title!... With Tevez & Mancini shaking hands and celebrating together!

Mourinho is still outraged that City had the audacity to hire Frank Lampard and use him so successfully, against Chelsea. So, Jose's vindictive comments about De Bruyne's mentality are purposefully aimed at making both the City directors and De Bruyne reconsider this potential transfer. Jose knows that De Bruyne could easily come back to haunt Chelsea, thereby shining a glaring spotlight on Jose's transfer failures.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:07 pm

[quote="WhyAlwaysMe?"]Big Blue, I wonder why all the Moronho-loving journalists didn't bother to ask why Jose was the ONLY manager to not get goals & assists from Kevin De Bruyne, when every other manager was able to get good performances from Kevin?!

Not sure why forum members are attacking each other, when we can have much more fun attacking all of City's many nemeses, instead?![/

I have not been logging in as much recently, but when I do I seem to see more of this.

Perhaps it is a form of withdrawal symptoms and hopefully it will get back to the way it should be when the season starts.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:25 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Not sure why forum members are attacking each other, when we can have much more fun attacking all of City's many nemeses, instead?![/

I have not been logging in as much recently, but when I do I seem to see more of this.
Perhaps it is a form of withdrawal symptoms and hopefully it will get back to the way it should be when the season starts.

MCFC1632, welcome back and many thanks for adding a much-needed sense of calm & wisdom! I would have thought that all of our mutual admiration and interest in MCFC would be a mostly unifying factor. Therefore, I'm disappointed that so many threads have turned into personal attacks, serious grudge matches & cyber bullying. If most of us wanted endless keyboard battles, we could just troll the United forums, instead!

For City to continue growing & fulfilling all their future plans, they will need every single supporter. That includes the long-term fans that have loved the club for decades, as well as all the recent fans, who started following City, so that they could support their favourite players, like Aguero, Toure, Dzeko & Silva. Even ex-players like Robinho & Balotelli still support us... Balotelli was one of the very few players to take on the media and show his support for Raheem Sterling's decision.

So, why would any true City fan tell someone they should stop visiting this forum, merely because they discovered City, through their admiration of a single City player?!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:27 am

Place always gets a bit venomous in the off season. Doesn't help Ted being a Nancy about it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:04 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Not sure why forum members are attacking each other, when we can have much more fun attacking all of City's many nemeses, instead?![/

MCFC1632, welcome back and many thanks for adding a much-needed sense of calm & wisdom! I would have thought that all of our mutual admiration and interest in MCFC would be a mostly unifying factor. Therefore, I'm disappointed that so many threads have turned into personal attacks, serious grudge matches & cyber bullying. If most of us wanted endless keyboard battles, we could just troll the United forums, instead!

For City to continue growing & fulfilling all their future plans, they will need every single supporter. That includes the long-term fans that have loved the club for decades, as well as all the recent fans, who started following City, so that they could support their favourite players, like Aguero, Toure, Dzeko & Silva. Even ex-players like Robinho & Balotelli still support us... Balotelli was one of the very few players to take on the media and show his support for Raheem Sterling's decision.

So, why would any true City fan tell someone they should stop visiting this forum, merely because they discovered City, through their admiration of a single City player?!

You're right. I'm not a true City fan.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:21 am

Slim wrote:Place always gets a bit venomous in the off season. Doesn't help Ted being a Nancy about it.

Slim, maybe we need to set up an off-season virtual Ultra Fight Club, so that all of these warlike factions can kick virtual lumps out of each other ?! Or, should it be couples therapy, instead? I'd cheekily suggest ref arbitration for these fights, but all the refs on this forum are already completely booked!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:00 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Slim wrote:Place always gets a bit venomous in the off season. Doesn't help Ted being a Nancy about it.

Slim, maybe we need to set up an off-season virtual Ultra Fight Club, so that all of these warlike factions can kick virtual lumps out of each other ?! Or, should it be couples therapy, instead? I'd cheekily suggest ref arbitration for these fights, but all the refs on this forum are already completely booked!

They'd be like a ref in the WWF anyway, just there to make it look like a proper event.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:01 am

Slim wrote:They'd be like a ref in the WWF anyway, just there to make it look like a proper event.

Yes, maybe we can ask Dazby to offer Mark Clattenburg a job refereeing the fights on our forum?!... After all, Clatts calls couldn't be any worse here, than they are on the football pitch!!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum