Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne bookies slash odds

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:19 pm

in centre mid only pogba for me, but I'm not convinced its happening. as far as adding pace and width goes
Sterling was a very good start, 1 more like that and we could win the league again. If we could get Reus then that should do it, if not then anyone who hates moaniniwhore is always welcome.. KDB.
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:18 am

How you know a big City transfer is getting close... the player has gone to shit right before signing for us:

Flanked by "scouse to win trophies" and "Chase your dreams at chelsea"... ridiculous

Next thing you could see: "City sign £100 million scum flop. Couldn't even start over rafeal!"
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:36 am

"Smash" the British transfer fee?!!! "Smash"? Didn't the rags pay pretty much £60 mill for Di Maria? How would we be "smashing" that IF we did pay £1 million more than what they paid?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 am

Mase wrote:"Smash" the British transfer fee?!!! "Smash"? Didn't the rags pay pretty much £60 mill for Di Maria? How would we be "smashing" that IF we did pay £1 million more than what they paid?

£300k more than Dobby if I'm not mistaken.

It's like when the transfer window gets slammed shut, why they just can't close the window rather than slam it I'll never know.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:54 am

bigblue wrote:How you know a big City transfer is getting close... the player has gone to shit right before signing for us:

Flanked by "scouse to win trophies" and "Chase your dreams at chelsea"... ridiculous

Next thing you could see: "City sign £100 million scum flop. Couldn't even start over rafeal!"

Totally brazen. I expect nothing less from the tabloid press in this country...in fact, pretty much all of the press. They are pathetic. We can only bide our time and look forward to the day when these publications all go out of business.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:20 am

The press cant help themselves any chance and they love sticking the boot IF he signs and even if he does well they will keep at it 60 millions this 60 millions that Chelsea reject blah blah blah.
Not a word has been said about what a waste of Cash Di Maria has been or the fact about Liverpool's obscene spending.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:39 am

I'd be very surprised if the figure quoted by the Mirror is not actually something close to the fee in Euros, & that they know that, but are deliberately stating it as GBP, because Utd have spent that on DiMaria.

When I first found out (from those clueless itks) that City were actually deadly serious about DeBruyne, I couldn't get my head round it at all, as he seemed more like someone who Ferguson would have signed, to fit their old style, & we have been building everything around more of a Barca style model, but the more I thought about it, the more I remembered how many times some of us on here were crying out for a player to deliver the ball & play a few more percentages, rather than try to be perfect all the time & then get it wrong anyway.

I didn't like the look of him for Chelsea, at all but I am a convert to this & I think he can do for City, what we hoped Jovetic would do.

This could give us an extra dimension we have pretty much never had.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Duckman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:can't we just swap him for all the balkan spastics?

fuck off Im stayin
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:03 am

Duckman wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:can't we just swap him for all the balkan spastics?

fuck off Im stayin

1 is nearly gone,2 left.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 am

I don't think this deal is anywhere near as close as the press are saying. The fee of £60m is being quoted by the Mirror but others are quoting £40m. Munich are supposedly interested too.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:43 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I don't think this deal is anywhere near as close as the press are saying. The fee of £60m is being quoted by the Mirror but others are quoting £40m. Munich are supposedly interested too.

Munchen have just spent a sack load on Vidal.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:04 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I don't think this deal is anywhere near as close as the press are saying. The fee of £60m is being quoted by the Mirror but others are quoting £40m. Munich are supposedly interested too.

Munchen have just spent a sack load on Vidal.

But does ze old Bavarian cunt really ever empty his old shriveled sack?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I didn't like the look of him for Chelsea, at all but I am a convert to this & I think he can do for City, what we hoped Jovetic would do.

After playing 2 games for chelsea, he was benched for at least a month in between appearances, only playing 395 minutes over 9 apperances in his whole chelsea career. Not sure what you really saw to dislike in the first place. Never got the chance to get going, basically like he was never even there.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Tony P » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:58 pm

basically like he was never even there.

Like the fans of the invisible man.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby phips » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:16 pm

just saving face?

"Wolfsburg say they have not received an approach for Kevin De Bruyne despite strong media reports linking the former Chelsea midfielder with Manchester City…."Nothing has arrived here. And neither Kevin nor his agent have told me they want to leave," sporting director Klaus Allofs told the German media."
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:42 pm

phips wrote:just saving face?

"Wolfsburg say they have not received an approach for Kevin De Bruyne despite strong media reports linking the former Chelsea midfielder with Manchester City…."Nothing has arrived here. And neither Kevin nor his agent have told me they want to leave," sporting director Klaus Allofs told the German media."

She's asking for it wearing an outfit that slutty.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:14 pm

bigblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I didn't like the look of him for Chelsea, at all but I am a convert to this & I think he can do for City, what we hoped Jovetic would do.

After playing 2 games for chelsea, he was benched for at least a month in between appearances, only playing 395 minutes over 9 apperances in his whole chelsea career. Not sure what you really saw to dislike in the first place. Never got the chance to get going, basically like he was never even there.

Well, you'll probably never know.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:38 pm

bigblue wrote:

Spot on.

Well said.. Some rubbish written on here at times.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Spot on.

Well said.. Some rubbish written on here at times.

What the fuck is your problem ?

I didn't like the look of him at Chelsea, as he looked manic & hurried on the ball imo. HE WAS THEN BENCHED FOR 9 GAMES, SO THEY DIDN'T EITHER. I watched him at Wolfsburg & have reconsidered my opinion, as although he still loses possession, he is very dangerous & direct, & different to what we have. There is something controversial, or wrong about that & as such it deserves to be called 'rubbish' ?

You never watched a player a few times & didn't like the look of him, then changed your mind ? There is something wrong with expressing such an opiinion ?

Football forum ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Why is City interested in Kevin De Bruyne? Kevin De Bruyne outscored most midfielders in Europe, in both goals & assists combined, in all club competitions for the 2014-2015 season. At 24, Kevin De Bruyne is the same age as Eden Hazard & both played well together for the Belgian team. KDB directly contributed to 40 goals, in all club competitions, this past season.
So, I put together a comparison chart of goals & assists, scored by many of the midfielders mentioned in transfer talk, in club competition only (no Friendly or international matches inc.) I hope this table might be of interest:
Goals Assists
K. De Bruyne 15 25
Alexis Sanchez 24 9
Eden Hazard 20 11
Cesc Fabregas 6 21
Gareth Bale 17 10
David Silva 12 8
Yaya Toure 12 1
James Milner 8 7
Raheem Sterling 8 8
Paul Pogba 10 6
Santi Cazorla 7 13