Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne bookies slash odds

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
blues2win wrote:I'm not sure what game City are playing here. Dzeko is nearly done according even to Sky. We seem to be playing it very long but why that could improve our chances I'm not sure.

Just a daft thought, but I wonder if our owners have decided to write this coming season off ??

They could be "lightening the load" by getting shut of certain 'problem' players, preparatory to bringing in a few youngsters for this new campaign and, all the while, awaiting the new Manager for the season after that - whomsoever he may be ??

On that basis, any sort of 'success' achieved in the interim would be a bonus.

As I said, just a daft thought.

Just posted a similar idea on another thread MC

I've just read your post on the other thread; we're either great minds together, or a couple of fools who never differ !!??

My own answer to the question you posed is that I wouldn't mind a relatively unsuccessful season, provided we introduced a decent number of youngsters throughout and continued to play some promising and stylish football, which I'm sure would be more than possible.

Whatever the final outcome of the transfer window, I'm more and more of a mind that we won't be signing any more 'big' players. If we do sign any more, I feel they will be youngsters and for only a modest outlay.

Great minds MC. Obviously!!!!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
blues2win wrote:I'm not sure what game City are playing here. Dzeko is nearly done according even to Sky. We seem to be playing it very long but why that could improve our chances I'm not sure.

Just a daft thought, but I wonder if our owners have decided to write this coming season off ??

They could be "lightening the load" by getting shut of certain 'problem' players, preparatory to bringing in a few youngsters for this new campaign and, all the while, awaiting the new Manager for the season after that - whomsoever he may be ??

I've just read your post on the other thread; we're either great minds together, or a couple of fools who never differ !!??

My own answer to the question you posed is that I wouldn't mind a relatively unsuccessful season, provided we introduced a decent number of youngsters throughout and continued to play some promising and stylish football, which I'm sure would be more than possible.

Whatever the final outcome of the transfer window, I'm more and more of a mind that we won't be signing any more 'big' players. If we do sign any more, I feel they will be youngsters and for only a modest outlay.

Phew, that's a relief then.

I was getting quite worried about myself.......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Daily Mail reporting that City have opened talks with Wolfsburg but no formal bid yet. Germans want around a Sterling level fee and will then allow City to talk to de Bruyne.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Phew, that's a relief then.

I was getting quite worried about myself.......

If it helps you decide on the greatness of your minds, is pretty much what I was getting at in the spafia thread when I was saying that if Pellegrini really is a lame duck manager then we may be buying players with an eye on next season not this. Hmm,
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:20 pm

If it helps you decide on the greatness of your minds, is pretty much what I was getting at in the spafia thread when I was saying that if Pellegrini really is a lame duck manager then we may be buying players with an eye on next season not this. Hmm,

Well done Socs.

You obviously planted a seed in our minds, hence the growing feeling of something else being in the air.

Mind you, City could prove us all wrong by signing Otamendi, Lewandowski, KDB 'inter alia'.

If that were the case, we'd all be the fools who never differ.......and it's a tough life when you come to think of it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Socrates » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:37 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:If it helps you decide on the greatness of your minds, is pretty much what I was getting at in the spafia thread when I was saying that if Pellegrini really is a lame duck manager then we may be buying players with an eye on next season not this. Hmm,

Well done Socs.

You obviously planted a seed in our minds, hence the growing feeling of something else being in the air.

Mind you, City could prove us all wrong by signing Otamendi, Lewandowski, KDB 'inter alia'.

If that were the case, we'd all be the fools who never differ.......and it's a tough life when you come to think of it.

I have no idea which way this will go or what their plans may be, was just wondering and have now wondered to the extent that I am preparing myself for short term disappointment while still feeling very confident about what the medium and long term will bring. Time will tell, eh?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:06 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a daft thought, but I wonder if our owners have decided to write this coming season off ??

I do wonder if you may be onto something here.

Once Pogba is gone hard to see how we are that much better. Sterling is class, and maybe that will do, but Pellegrini has been a bit left out to dry if that's all that comes in to the first team, after his late season interview. It is perhaps a financial reality, post FFP, but unfortunate.

Not thinking it will be 100% written off, but title challenge-ish finish, final 16 chumps, decent showing in cups, hopefully one to take home.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby kennyboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:59 am

KDB not good enough for Chelsea. but he is for us? Whats next, Shurrle...?

I think we need a new striker and maybe a CB.
But with Pellers last season here, the money might be saved for Pep.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 am

I don't think the people who run our club are the type of people happy to tread water for a season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Socrates » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:43 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I don't think the people who run our club are the type of people happy to tread water for a season.

Disagree, they started with a ten year plan that they had to speed up because of the threat of FFP. Remember they were happy to throw away a cup final and leave us with a trophyless season when they decided to ditch Mancini. They think long term not short term.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:48 am

Socrates wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I don't think the people who run our club are the type of people happy to tread water for a season.

Disagree, they started with a ten year plan that they had to speed up because of the threat of FFP. Remember they were happy to throw away a cup final and leave us with a trophyless season when they decided to ditch Mancini. They think long term not short term.

Then they should have sacked Mancini the season before they did.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Socrates wrote:

You think they were happy to throw away a cup final?

Odd.
Original Dub

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Odd.

Very odd
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm

I think wih KDB will happen the same thing like with Dzeko . If u remeber in summer it was hunt from all over but they keep him , drop out of CL and out of race for Bundesliga and sell him in winter.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Well since FFP was first discussed around September 2009 . They should never have appointed Roberto in December 2009. If they really were thinking long term.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Well since FFP was first discussed around September 2009 . They should never have appointed Roberto in December 2009. If they really were thinking long term.

Fair point.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 pm

kennyboy wrote:KDB not good enough for Chelsea. but he is for us? Whats next, Shurrle...?

I think we need a new striker and maybe a CB.
But with Pellers last season here, the money might be saved for Pep.

Shurrle you jest that KDB wouldn't be good enough for us?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby kennyboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Have not seen to much of KDB to be fair, but i think there is other areas than midfield we should strenghten first.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 pm

kennyboy wrote:Have not seen to much of KDB to be fair, but i think there is other areas than midfield we should strenghten first.

TBF, I've not seen or know much about KDB (a bit ironic having started the thread), if those on here that follow Italian footie are correct then we do need him for consistent set pieces, other than defence is certainly something hasn't progressed and definitely needs addressing?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:03 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Odd.

Very odd

I think what Socs meant to say was that 'The Management' accepted the loss of a cup, given the then need, in their eyes, to off-load Mancini.

Still doesn't take it away from what Socs posted when he said that they think long term and they had an initial ten year plan.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum