Is Jesus Navas ever going to score again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Jesus Navas ever going to score again

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:16 pm

With the possible/acquisitions, Navas has definitely got a place in the squad, and he'll do well. Dave and Yaya may be able to get a little rest this season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

With his speed he should be beating the full back more than he actually is.Just a spanish Petrov imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:20 pm

gillie wrote:With his speed he should be beating the full back more than he actually is.Just a spanish Petrov imo.

I wonder if Navas has it in his locker to re-invent himself; possibly as a central midfielder ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
gillie wrote:With his speed he should be beating the full back more than he actually is.Just a spanish Petrov imo.

I wonder if Navas has it in his locker to re-invent himself; possibly as a central midfielder ??

The cheeky b'stard, slating Petters!

There's much more to Navas than we currently see and whether he stays or goes, he'll be good for the books or on the field.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MaineRoadblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Surely will be on his way if De Bruyne signs. He seems a great pro but honestly would he get anywhere near the first elevens of the likes of Barce, Madrid, Chelsea even Arsenal or united.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:58 pm

I think his spot is seriously under threat as is Nasris.

That said top class players respond to challenges and work harder, so far this pre season both look like that's their plan. Both will get games if they stay, it's up to them to take them.

The way our transfers have gone so far and if the Dzeko/jovetic situation is what it looks to be we are likely to be playing an extra attacking mid instead of a striker regularly which gives them all more games.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:09 am

No, never ever again
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:33 pm

He has to be kept around - how else am I going to issue a religious battle-cry when we go on the attack?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby clippo22 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:45 pm

Dameerto wrote:He has to be kept around - how else am I going to issue a religious battle-cry when we go on the attack?

We sign Victor Moses?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 pm

clippo22 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:He has to be kept around - how else am I going to issue a religious battle-cry when we go on the attack?

We sign Victor Moses?

I like your thinking.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tim777 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:05 pm

I like the guy. We haven't seen the best of Navas yet imo and I hope we do before he parts ways with the club.
I seriously think that those who are staying, but whose positions may be under threat but fancy giving it a serious go and do not wish to relinquish/tarnish their worth, or dread being wall-flowered for at least the next six months, including Navas, Nasri, etc., will oblige.
If they are wise/ambitious enough, they will up their game in leaps and bounds & go into overdrive this coming season, especially with the influx of signings and even promoted EDS players in mind...which will make for a cracker of a season. And a selection migraine for Pellers, which, in the bigger picture, is a good thing.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:02 am

Dameerto wrote:There were games during our slump when he was the only player on the pitch that gave a shit. Squads need workhorses as well as thoroughbreds.

He is a limited player who knows two things, how to get past players and cross the ball. Nothing more, nothing less. However never once has there ever been even hint of attitude lacking and you have got to love that with him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:09 pm

The Lord will provide.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:48 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Dameerto wrote:There were games during our slump when he was the only player on the pitch that gave a shit. Squads need workhorses as well as thoroughbreds.

He is a limited player who knows two things, how to get past players and cross the ball. Nothing more, nothing less. However never once has there ever been even hint of attitude lacking and you have got to love that with him.

And he works very hard when he doesn't have the ball. I can't see him leaving. Very good to have in the squad. Sell him and Sterling pulls a hammy and we are back to square one in terms of pace.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:30 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

And he works very hard when he doesn't have the ball. I can't see him leaving. Very good to have in the squad. Sell him and Sterling pulls a hammy and we are back to square one in terms of pace.

Cheers

Tru dat sun
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:21 am

Didn't score yesterday, but I though he has a wonderful game and showed why Pellers trusts him so much. Great in posession, great in close spaces, linked up well with Silva, got in behind numerous times, and worked hard back in defence. Seems to play much better with Sterling being a foil on the other side and not being the only fast option to get in behind the defence.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:45 am

bigblue wrote:Didn't score yesterday, but I though he has a wonderful game and showed why Pellers trusts him so much. Great in posession, great in close spaces, linked up well with Silva, got in behind numerous times, and worked hard back in defence. Seems to play much better with Sterling being a foil on the other side and not being the only fast option to get in behind the defence.

Fair comment.....imagine what an asset he would be if he could get us 10 goals a season !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:32 am

bigblue wrote:Didn't score yesterday, but I though he has a wonderful game and showed why Pellers trusts him so much. Great in posession, great in close spaces, linked up well with Silva, got in behind numerous times, and worked hard back in defence. Seems to play much better with Sterling being a foil on the other side and not being the only fast option to get in behind the defence.

Fair comment.....imagine what an asset he would be if he could get us 10 goals a season !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Tru_Blu » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:02 am

add to this that he tracks back well. Sterling will bring out the best in him IMO. Nasri on the other hand is on his way out, attitude stinks. If DeB comes in i hope he is off before the window closes.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am

You lot need to have faith.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike