favourite second team in the PL

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

favourite second team in the PL

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:48 pm

Let's say, taht at the end of this season, Liverpool and Rags both get relegated on 19th resp 20th place. Arsenal fall to mid table mediocrity and Sky fire all their pundits. Jamie Redknapp in fact will never talk about football publically again. It also turns out ice cream cures cancer and Santa exists. Everything's dandy really but alas, City fail to win the league. It's heartbreaking and we miss it with two points. Which team would you then prefer to win the league if City didn't?

For me it's either Swansea, Southampton or Everton. Swansea and Southampton because they seem to have good set ups which enables them to remain a competetive team despite being bought to pieces by the likes of us and Liverpool. It would be especially funny if Southampton won the league considering half their team now plays in either Liverpool or for the rags. Everton, not so much because of the team but because of Martinez. I don't really know if he's a good manager, this season will show us IMO, but I just like him. He seems like a nice and competent chap. I guess West Ham as well, for Walmai's sake.

How about you?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Re: favourite second team in the PL

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Not a prem team but just got a season ticket for hereford United, it's my local club and through the shit they have been in the fans have got right behind them and pulled it back from the brink. It cost me a total of £230 for two so I can take my old man along also. Both of us are life long city fans but the costs are getting to much to make it a regular thing these days sadly with fuel costs and the like.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby omega » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:14 pm

West Ham
omega
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nasri

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:21 pm

omega wrote:West Ham

West Ham for me also. In this scenario can the swamp be burnt to the ground?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Mine changes. In week one next season it's Spurs and then it changes to whoever the scum play against.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Swansea for me as I live here. I have two young boys (5 & 8) despite my 54 years.....a late starter. My older boy is more arty than sporty so it's going to be interesting to see if he gets into city.
The younger boy will definitely be a man city fan but I will also encourage him to support the swans with the obvious opportunity to go and watch them.
I do love the fans here and I was at the 4-2 game at the liberty and the love for Bony was palpable.
We will win the premier league though !!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Swansea for me as I live here. I have two young boys (5 & 8) despite my 54 years.....a late starter. My older boy is more arty than sporty so it's going to be interesting to see if he gets into city.
The younger boy will definitely be a man city fan but I will also encourage him to support the swans with the obvious opportunity to go and watch them.
I do love the fans here and I was at the 4-2 game at the liberty and the love for Bony was palpable.
We will win the premier league though !!!

Swansea for me too. Grew up in the next town, and was a Swans season ticket holder when they were in Division 3. £23 it cost back then for a kids' ST on the North Bank.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Bournemouth to win if we don't.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ruralblue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:12 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Not a prem team but just got a season ticket for hereford United, it's my local club and through the shit they have been in the fans have got right behind them and pulled it back from the brink. It cost me a total of £230 for two so I can take my old man along also. Both of us are life long city fans but the costs are getting to much to make it a regular thing these days sadly with fuel costs and the like.

Jim is that you lad???
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:25 pm

Hammers for me as well. Feel sympathy for their fans being surrounded by three arrogant teams.

Have a soft spot for Everton too. Another team in blue with bellend neighbours.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:35 pm

I will support Bournmouth. Always had a soft spot for them since i was a kid and i was playing Actua Soccer on my shitty console. I hope they will succede. I also like Everton, i dislked them under Gollum, but Martinez made them really likeable.

That being said, when God”s blue team is not playing, i really try to follow Forest. The reason is simple, Clough.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Villa or West Ham. Norwich and WBA would be okay too. If Norwich won it, no doubt we would still have thrashed them home and away.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:00 pm

ruralblue wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:Not a prem team but just got a season ticket for hereford United, it's my local club and through the shit they have been in the fans have got right behind them and pulled it back from the brink. It cost me a total of £230 for two so I can take my old man along also. Both of us are life long city fans but the costs are getting to much to make it a regular thing these days sadly with fuel costs and the like.

Jim is that you lad???

Yeah
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:14 pm

West ham also.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Took a fearful chasing at Weat Ham when I was 15. Hateful place.
I always liked QPR, Loftus Rd and their fans.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:05 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Jim is that you lad???

Yeah

No way.

Answer four questions.

1. What's the name of your cat?
2. Does god exist?
3. What was Socrates former moniker?
4. Who is your favourite Geldof?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Took a fearful chasing at Weat Ham when I was 15. Hateful place.
I always liked QPR, Loftus Rd and their fans.

soft spot for QPR. i've been to Loftus Rd a couple times and loved their fans. Went to Craven Cottage once as well and liked their fans a lot. Always a soft spot for Hammers fans as well.

Apparently, i've travelled to London too much and need to get out more.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ruralblue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:05 pm

dazby wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Jim is that you lad???

Yeah

No way.

Answer four questions.

1. What's the name of your cat?
2. Does god exist?
3. What was Socrates former moniker?
4. Who is your favourite Geldof?

Sophie

Yes of course in our everyday presence

J.F. silly

Then one out of the hobbit

Fuck me I'm Jim!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Villa and Spurs for me.

An old flatmate of mine was a Villa supporter when I first got into the game, and then later I lived a few blocks away from White Hart Lane and managed to go to the quarterfinal League Cup match against United where Spurs won and Ginola scored.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:33 am

I have a very tenuous family connection to the area where Villa are situated so I kind of watch out for their results. Nothing like the emotional investment I have in City obviously. I would also quite like Stoke to do well.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum