PL Transfers Overview (Mark Blue Army style)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Transfers Overview (Mark Blue Army style)

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:26 pm

22 year old Argentine playmaker Manuel Lanzini has signed for West Ham.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Some migrant workers want to assimilate in their new country, while some want to make money for their families and then return to their country of origin, either to retire or to contribute to their local community - it happens at all levels, from factory workers to doctors. Why should football be any different? Tevez has always seemed to be incredibly hometown- and family-oriented (a bit too much so, if you ask me), and I respect the choice he made.

BlueInBosnia, one of the most startling success stories has been Jesus Navas, who had suffered from such extreme homesickness, that it had hampered his career, in the past. So, I'm even more impressed at how well Jesus has adapted to life in Manchester, while Carlos Tevez disliked living in England & Italy and speaking English and Italian!

I have read that City was originally hoping to sign Angel Di Maria, instead of Raheem Sterling. However, the City directors were unsure if Di Maria would be staying in England, after the attempted burglary of Di Maria's home.

Jerome Boateng returned to Germany, after he missed home. Mario Balotelli had originally transferred to AC Milan, because he missed home & wanted to play for his favourite team. Settling in a foreign country is always an extra football transfer challenge.

Nevertheless, if I had the talent of Carlos Tevez, I would always choose to play for City, Juventus, or Atletico Madrid first and then, eventually Boca Jrs... After all, Argentina & Boca will still be there waiting, in 5 years time!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Benteke officially a dipper according to BBC
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:Benteke officially a dipper according to BBC

Cheers. Will update with that and the new Watford signing tomorrow when I'm on the PC.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:07 pm

mr_nool wrote:22 year old Argentine playmaker Manuel Lanzini has signed for West Ham.

i'm encouraged by what Bilic is doing with those tight fuclers monies. He could be fun for the Hammers. I really want them to succeed. Soft spot.

Where's Walmai? We should ask him for a post-transfer window pre-season update. In fact it would be fun to have fans of every club come on here, or do an interview with one of us and do that....i could round up a great WBA fan, an actually really decent Rag who's a close mate, my son's barber is a massive Toffee, my friend Keith a massive Barcodes fan, punintentionally so, one of my besties is an Arsenal ST holder and fan from childhood, etc...

Is that an interesting concept?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:22 year old Argentine playmaker Manuel Lanzini has signed for West Ham.

i'm encouraged by what Bilic is doing with those tight fuclers monies. He could be fun for the Hammers. I really want them to succeed. Soft spot.

Where's Walmai? We should ask him for a post-transfer window pre-season update. In fact it would be fun to have fans of every club come on here, or do an interview with one of us and do that....i could round up a great WBA fan, an actually really decent Rag who's a close mate, my son's barber is a massive Toffee, my friend Keith a massive Barcodes fan, punintentionally so, one of my besties is an Arsenal ST holder and fan from childhood, etc...

cheers

It is. You are now head of recruitment. Off you go
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

got it! finally i have a mission and can stop bullying everyone!!

woo hoo

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

got it! finally i have a mission and can stop bullying everyone!!

woo hoo

cheers

Please make sure you provide us with weekly progress reports...........

Oh, on second thoughts.............
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:11 am

Updated with Afellay to Stoke and Szczęsny on loan to Roma.
If Afellay can get back to his old form Hughes will have a real gem on his hand. By the way, I can't believe the guy is 29. Talk about baby-face!
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Filipe Luis has been shipped back to Atletico Madrid.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm

Berbatov to Aston Villa. He's a free agent having left Monaco. Should be good to provide grit and effort for a grim relegation struggle!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:16 am

blues2win wrote:Berbatov to Aston Villa. He's a free agent having left Monaco. Should be good to provide grit and effort for a grim relegation struggle!

Cheers! Will update with that and Jovetic to Inter as soon as it's official.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Three ex-City strikers are currently in PL transfer negotiations. Mario Balotelli has been offered to both Sampdoria and Bologna for 7 million pounds. Both Italian teams are stalling over Mario's wages though... I hope Mario can find a better solution, for the sake of his career.

Aston Villa is negotiating with Tottenham, for a loan deal for Emmanuel Adebayor, where Tim Sherwood hopes to give Ade another try.

Georgios Samaras may be leaving West Brom for Sampdoria.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:57 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Three ex-City strikers are currently in PL transfer negotiations. Mario Balotelli has been offered to both Sampdoria and Bologna for 7 million pounds. Both Italian teams are stalling over Mario's wages though... I hope Mario can find a better solution, for the sake of his career.

Aston Villa is negotiating with Tottenham, for a loan deal for Emmanuel Adebayor, where Tim Sherwood hopes to give Ade another try.

Fuck me. Samaras was a Baggie? He must have done fuck all. I didn't even know it.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Bluedj » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:36 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Three ex-City strikers are currently in PL transfer negotiations. Mario Balotelli has been offered to both Sampdoria and Bologna for 7 million pounds. Both Italian teams are stalling over Mario's wages though... I hope Mario can find a better solution, for the sake of his career.

Fuck me. Samaras was a Baggie? He must have done fuck all. I didn't even know it.

Cheers

Thought exactly the same Doomie lol
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Bluedj & Doomie:
Sadly, Samaras & Pulis were not a successful combination... Maybe Samaras refused to do long throw-ins and hoof the ball into the box? Samaras made only 8 appearances, as a sub for the Baggies and then, he was banished (or loaned) to Al-Hilal FC, in Saudi Arabia.

Samaras at Sampdoria has a much nicer ring to it!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Villa keep up their Newcastle impersonation by signing their fourth player from the French league this summer: midfielder Jordan Veretout from Nantes.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Villa are busy bees. Rudy Gestede from Blackburn, just confirmed.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:00 am

Rickie Lambert has left Liverpool for West Brom, for a transfer fee of £3 million. Lambert has already scored twice on his debut for the Baggies, against his former team, Bristol Rovers... No doubt a parting reminder for Brendan Rodgers!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:45 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Rickie Lambert has left Liverpool for West Brom, for a transfer fee of £3 million. Lambert has already scored twice on his debut for the Baggies, against his former team, Bristol Rovers... No doubt a parting reminder for Brendan Rodgers!

I thought that myself when I saw the details of the game.

Pulis seemed very pleased with him, especially as he has gone to WBA on a lot less money than at ScouseScum and, although it was only a friendly, he might turn out to be an astute signing for them, which would be more egg on Bodger's face.

I just saw one of the goals he scored last night and it wasn't a scrappy, aerial, route one affair but quite a nice build up on the left, with the ball being played in low and Lambert quickly on it in the box to provide a smart finish.

It could be interesting to watch his progress this season.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum