Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The BBC's sport editor is banned from City, it makes no difference.

It discommodes the sports editor and the BBC, that'll do for starters.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The BBC's sport editor is banned from City, it makes no difference.

Then ban more and more of the cunts. Wouldn't let Phil Neville in for a start.

I'd be with you all the way if I thought it would mate an iota of difference mate, I despise these cretins just as much as the next man/woman.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

He was made editor after we banned him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm

what's he called and what's he been banned for - do we know?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Is that how he got promoted?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

what's he called and what's he been banned for - do we know?

Dan Roan, he misrepresented Vieira in an article he wrote back in 2012, City requested a retraction, none was forthcoming so the club banned him, the BBC promoted him a couple of years later.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Is that how he got promoted?

If I said yes would that mean I'm paranoid ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I'd be with you all the way if I thought it would mate an iota of difference mate, I despise these cretins just as much as the next man/woman.

It won't make a difference. The point is we won't be giving them the chance for them to rub our noses in it. Our hospitality is reported to be the best there is in terms of food and drink yet what good does it do. They are having a laugh at our expense whilst we treat them like royalty. I know it's petty and two wrongs don't make a right, but where this is concerned I draw the line
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:

We could just turn the press room into a bar, stick something out on the web and charge them to access it.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:10 pm

You can't make friends with an organization that wishes you didn't exist and spends all it's time bemoaning the fact that you do.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 pm

You can't make friends with an organization that wishes you didn't exist and spends all it's time bemoaning the fact that you do.

Keep your friends close etc.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Keep your friends close etc.

I haven't got any friends and I resent the insinuation that I have.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:14 pm

:lol:
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 pm

"Dan Roan is an ex Oxford rower who lives in Altrincham -
Throughout his career, Roan has conducted many memorable, but often tricky, interviews. I ask him about one such interview, with Patrick Vieira in 2012, that led to him being banned from the Etihad stadium.

“They don’t happen very often!” he quickly clarifies. “But I learnt from that. No one likes to get banned. Football clubs are very protective, they’re increasingly reluctant to answer difficult questions.

“You have to ask difficult questions, you can’t be afraid of that even if you clash with those that you’re interviewing. I’d like to think that if you ask decent questions in a polite manner, you can usually be okay.

Patrick Vieira has expressed his disappointment and anger at what he feels is a serious and cynical misrepresentation of an interview he gave to the BBC.
Manchester City’s Football Development Executive gave the interview at the annual SoccerEx exhibition at the GMEX Convention Centre on Wednesday afternoon. He was representing Football Against Hunger, a campaign to tackle starvation in Africa.

An interview given to the BBC’s Dan Roan contained what Patrick feels was a very leading line of questions regarding Manchester United supposedly receiving favourable treatment by referees. Patrick feels that his views have been deliberately taken out of context.

He said: “I am very angry with Dan Roan. I feel he has misrepresented me. I made it clear in the interview twice that I wanted to avoid criticising United and even stated that I didn’t watch the United game against Fulham and had not seen the incident to which the reporter referred.

“That part of the interview was ignored and my comments were taken completely out of context. I called the reporter twice to ask for a retraction and an apology which has not come. I feel Dan Roan and the BBC have shown a complete lack of respect for me, the ‘Football Against Hunger’ charity and Manchester City Football Club.”

Manchester City support Patrick in his strong feelings on this matter and have confirmed to the BBC that the reporter will now be banned from all Manchester City media activity.

Chief Communications Officer, Vicky Kloss, said: “Despite the Charity arranging the interview with Dan Roan for the purposes of promoting the Football Against Hunger campaign, the reporter pursued a leading and aggressive line of questioning, through which Patrick was very careful to tread a diplomatic path.

“A misrepresentative article by Dan Roan, which has since been modified, appeared on the BBC’s website a short time later which omitted significant comments of clarification and took the interview completely out of context. Manchester City promotes a positive and welcoming approach to media outlets, however it is felt, in the absence of any correction or apology that there is no option but to issue an immediate ban to Dan Roan from future media activity.”

”https://www.mancity.com/news/club%20news/club%20news/archive/2012/march/man%20city%20ban%20bbc%20man%20dan%20roan

“It’s what makes the job fun,” he says."
Last edited by johnny crossan on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

We could just turn the press room into a bar, stick something out on the web and charge them to access it.

....and charge them an arm and a leg for all the drinks they consume. :) :)

We're actually in a war and one or two strategic strikes aren't going to win the campaign; we're going to have to fight for years, on so many different fronts, to defeat and eradicate the culture that has now grown up to put City down.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 am

Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:24 am

I would like our media team to spend time collating the data on each of the journo's who will be at the etihad a week on Friday for the pre Liverpool game press conference. Then pep can ask each individual about their made up bullshit and put them straight on it. Completely embarrass each and every one of them and then put it on our YouTube channel for the world to see, because you can guarantee the media outlets will just try and bury it as pep being antagonistic.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 am

Wonderwall wrote:I would like our media team to spend time collating the data on each of the journo's who will be at the etihad a week on Friday for the pre Liverpool game press conference. Then pep can ask each individual about their made up bullshit and put them straight on it. Completely embarrass each and every one of them and then put it on our YouTube channel for the world to see, because you can guarantee the media outlets will just try and bury it as pep being antagonistic.

I just don't understand why we let the media walk all over us. The club 100% know about it. 5 years ago on the stadium tour the guy that was running it actually said "we don't know why he media have it in for us when we give them all this.." and showed us what they get on a match day. It's crazy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Yep.

Time to ban them. Nothing else has worked and it's getting worse by the week.

Absolutely.

Moreover, when a particular referee is allocated to any of our games and we have had 'issues' with said official in the past, we should publicly announce in advance, that we strongly object to him handling our game, because of what had transpired previously and, if we are forced to accept him, then every decision he makes will be closely monitored and, in the event of any 'controversial' decisions, these would be taken up with his porcine paymasters at PiGMOB headquarters and also with the FA.

We'll obviously get the book thrown at us for this but, if we continue to do it consistently, referees might just start to be a little more reluctant to follow orders because of the limelight that would be cast upon them.

That's the theory anyway.

Who's going to publish our announcement if all the media is banned? :-)

The relationship between the club and the media should be symbiotic, however, for us it feels like we're the host animal and they are parasite. A proper delousing might be the only thing that will help. Although a few years of sustained success will probably work better.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:05 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Yep.

Time to ban them. Nothing else has worked and it's getting worse by the week.

Absolutely.

Moreover, when a particular referee is allocated to any of our games and we have had 'issues' with said official in the past, we should publicly announce in advance, that we strongly object to him handling our game, because of what had transpired previously and, if we are forced to accept him, then every decision he makes will be closely monitored and, in the event of any 'controversial' decisions, these would be taken up with his porcine paymasters at PiGMOB headquarters and also with the FA.

We'll obviously get the book thrown at us for this but, if we continue to do it consistently, referees might just start to be a little more reluctant to follow orders because of the limelight that would be cast upon them.

That's the theory anyway.

Who's going to publish our announcement if all the media is banned? :-)

The relationship between the club and the media should be symbiotic, however, for us it feels like we're the host animal and they are parasite..

Funny how you remember things. My biology teacher said to us in 1975 or 76, remember this phrase - 'symbiotic bacteria living in the root nodules of leguminous plants'. So i did.

Never came up, no use at all, but at least I still remember it!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum