Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:17 pm

"Manchester United get Jadon Sancho transfer boost, Manchester Evening News - Samuel Luckhurst"
"United still pushing to sign Jadon Sancho after Tottenham talks break down"

the foul odour from the rags who infest this publication gets worse every day
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:19 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Whenever City are about to sign a player then the familiar turds, both great and small, begin to bob along the surface of the stream of effluence that is the media in this country, emitting the usual stench.

Every Transfer we are involved in always comes with negative media supposition on the details and inflated bollocks on the cost, we are seen a s the perennial bad boys of the transfer window. The pantomime villain that everybody likes to boo or dislike, for no other reason than everyone else seems to be doing it.

Look at Monaco, they played some nice football last year and knocked us out of the CL, they have seen a huge rise in popularity and they can do no wrong. Every written media word is like a glowing tribute to how they handle their transfer policy and to the coach for getting behind it. Each transfer they sign is seen as astute and never a bad word said, they have even signed Jovetic the crock FFS and the media didn't say anything, if that was us he would have his injury list on the front page of every paper.

Its the way things are I suppose, Us against the world and their made up bias.

Yep and then to compound matters there's a significant number of City's online fanbase that are only too willing to buy into the crap that's spouted as they look for ways to have a go at the club. Mind boggling.

The fuckign club compound matters by not DENYING its all fuckign bullshit...........read below..its not one fuckign comic spouting lies...its fuckign numerous ones.

If I had someone trying to fuck me in business by lying,I wouldn't suck on my thumb and ignore it , Id fuckign sue them!!!

We round have to employ a full time denier!

And the rebuttal would get one sentence buried somewhere, by which time some new distortion would be current. Not much point, easier for Pep to have a laugh privately with Raheem about it.

What would be neat would be for the club to personally inform any jounalist writing unfounded rumours that the rumours are untrue and then, if they continue with the rumours, to ban them from the club and pressers. That would leave them with an ethical decision to make and hopefully they would just self-explode.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:"Manchester United get Jadon Sancho transfer boost, Manchester Evening News - Samuel Luckhurst"
"United still pushing to sign Jadon Sancho after Tottenham talks break down"

the foul odour from the rags who infest this publication gets worse every day

I find it interesting that all these clubs are dropping their interest in Sancho, he's being very badly advised or has the wrong attitude - probably a bit of both. Shame as the potential was there, but as Public Enemy warned "Don't believe the hype"
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:46 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The fuckign club compound matters by not DENYING its all fuckign bullshit...........read below..its not one fuckign comic spouting lies...its fuckign numerous ones.

If I had someone trying to fuck me in business by lying,I wouldn't suck on my thumb and ignore it , Id fuckign sue them!!!

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:They have denied it. They denied it yesterday according to an Independent article I read and have again denied today that there's anything in it.

Maybe they didn't shout it loud enough.

Again according to the press - there is no public announcement from the club that denies any of these news reports. Whether it is true or not, we cannot confirm either way as the club has said nothing either way. It's very frustrating as you are left with the doubt that there maybe a grain of truth otherwise why not come out and say its all bullshit? Maybe they will when Sanchez is in the bag but who knows and I'll not be holding my breath,

Are we going to make public announcements every time the press shit stir?

The club let it be known to the journalists they trust that there was nothing in this story.

These days, obviously an endangered species.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The fuckign club compound matters by not DENYING its all fuckign bullshit...........read below..its not one fuckign comic spouting lies...its fuckign numerous ones.

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:They have denied it. They denied it yesterday according to an Independent article I read and have again denied today that there's anything in it.

Maybe they didn't shout it loud enough.

Again according to the press - there is no public announcement from the club that denies any of these news reports. Whether it is true or not, we cannot confirm either way as the club has said nothing either way. It's very frustrating as you are left with the doubt that there maybe a grain of truth otherwise why not come out and say its all bullshit? Maybe they will when Sanchez is in the bag but who knows and I'll not be holding my breath,

Are we going to make public announcements every time the press shit stir?

The club let it be known to the journalists they trust that there was nothing in this story.

When the drivel gets printed in VARIOUS comics then yes , the club should fucking shout and scream and threaten all and sundry with a law suit !!! Maybe then we won't have to read the blatant fucking agenda driven shit we read every bastard day !!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Ban any journalist who puts theur name to stories which are blatantly made up. They will of course be replaced by some other numpty but after 100 or so if the cretins are banned the penny might drop for them.

Fight fire with fire. Kid gloves aren't working
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Eurosport : Why joining Arsenal is the right choice for Raheem Sterling - http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/why ... tory.shtml

Jesus H Christ. I know Parker is a clueless rag, but even so. This tops the lot
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Eurosport : Why joining Arsenal is the right choice for Raheem Sterling - http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/why ... tory.shtml

Jesus H Christ. I know Parker is a clueless rag, but even so. This tops the lot

Wrong thread. It belongs in the Laughing thread.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:Ban any journalist who puts theur name to stories which are blatantly made up. They will of course be replaced by some other numpty but after 100 or so if the cretins are banned the penny might drop for them.

It's simple, ban the papers. The Mirror is the most appalling and owns the MuEN so the next time they print a lie tell them it's the last or they'll be banned along with the MuEN. If they do it again then ban them both, permanently. These degenerate parasites add nothing to football, in fact they do it considerable damage on an ongoing basis. Fuck 'em off.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Jim White on SSN just reported a cracker. Stern faced he says 'Kompany admits that players were out of control', and I was expecting a straight faced Vinnie bowing his head in shame. To my great joy, Vince was there with a huge smile on his face talking about the euphoria surrounding the goal, giving us an insight to what it felt like and ultimately saying the guys were out of control,and why not.

The way White reported it though was just completely wrong, giving it the negative slant. You also know that the question from SS, remembering this is when he's on international duty, was after that very line so they could report it as they did.

Thought it was a great response by Vinnie though, and no thought of negativity, just pure joy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Ban any journalist who puts theur name to stories which are blatantly made up. They will of course be replaced by some other numpty but after 100 or so if the cretins are banned the penny might drop for them.

It's simple, ban the papers. The Mirror is the most appalling and owns the MuEN so the next time they print a lie tell them it's the last or they'll be banned along with the MuEN. If they do it again then ban them both, permanently. These degenerate parasites add nothing to football, in fact they do it considerable damage on an ongoing basis. Fuck 'em off.

Then they could just make up even worse stuff (assuming that is possible).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Then they are banned. If we ban 100 or 200 of these cretins, eventually their paymasters will get the message. Plus we get the satisfaction of turning these bell ends away
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Then they are banned. If we ban 100 or 200 of these cretins, eventually their paymasters will get the message. Plus we get the satisfaction of turning these bell ends away

Do you really think they'd care? They'd just write about how we banned them and make us the subject of ridicule. They don't need us, we don't
have a large enough fanbase for them to need us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Do you really think they'd care? They'd just write about how we banned them and make us the subject of ridicule. They don't need us, we don't

They don't care at present. Yet we welcome them with open arms and give them superb hospitality. Fuck 'em
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Yep.

Time to ban them. Nothing else has worked and it's getting worse by the week.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Not having it, mate. They fucking hate us and constantly lie and distort all their copy about us. Just fuck them off they can't do any worse and it won't get any better. No reason to play the game with them.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

That's what I meant: bannthem and they feel free to make up worse stuff, nothing to lose.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm

The BBC's sport editor is banned from City, it makes no difference.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:Yep.

Time to ban them. Nothing else has worked and it's getting worse by the week.

Absolutely.

Moreover, when a particular referee is allocated to any of our games and we have had 'issues' with said official in the past, we should publicly announce in advance, that we strongly object to him handling our game, because of what had transpired previously and, if we are forced to accept him, then every decision he makes will be closely monitored and, in the event of any 'controversial' decisions, these would be taken up with his porcine paymasters at PiGMOB headquarters and also with the FA.

We'll obviously get the book thrown at us for this but, if we continue to do it consistently, referees might just start to be a little more reluctant to follow orders because of the limelight that would be cast upon them.

That's the theory anyway.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The BBC's sport editor is banned from City, it makes no difference.

Then ban more and more of the cunts. Wouldn't let Phil Neville in for a start.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum