Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Tru_Blu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 am

"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Justified logic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:11 am

london blue 2 wrote:A short piece on Sky Sports news about Manchester City ladies on course to reach the semi finals of the Champions League, they mentioned itssomething that the men failed to do. can't help but think that was a thinly veiled dig at the club.

Could just be para though.

Did they really say that?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am

Interesting take on the history of the club - nothing happened between 1923 and 1965 it seems - on balance worth a watch and Gary was good;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Interesting take on the history of the club - nothing happened between 1923 and 1965 it seems - on balance worth a watch and Gary was good;)

In fairness you'd need a longer program to cover it all properly.
I did get the feeling it wanted to emphasise what's going on now and into the future as much and as quickly as possible.

Worth a watch for any City fan. Not sure it would reach a wider audience though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:17 am

Thank you for the link
I enjoyed that a lot more than the Red top Rag tops
Will , lt would be nice to let the women lose on Ushited women Oh Wait !! .
And the swamp dwellers have done what for the community , oh that's right Mcarie had a chippy once .
carolina-blue

Postby Justified logic » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

carolina-blue wrote:

Thank you for the link
I enjoyed that a lot more than the Red top Rag tops
Will , lt would be nice to let the women lose on Ushited women Oh Wait !! .
And the swamp dwellers have done what for the community , oh that's right Mcarie had a chippy once .

Don't forget the posh doss house.
Justified logic

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Eric Cuntona is such a twat. I never got people who thought he was tough, hard or cool in the 90's. Already back then a self-centred buffoon, but now he's turned into a parody of himself.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Justified logic wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:A short piece on Sky Sports news about Manchester City ladies on course to reach the semi finals of the Champions League, they mentioned itssomething that the men failed to do. can't help but think that was a thinly veiled dig at the club.

"City women on course to do something the men failed to do"
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:12 pm

mr_nool wrote:Eric Cuntona is such a twat. I never got people who thought he was tough, hard or cool in the 90's. Already back then a self-centred buffoon, but now he's turned into a parody of himself.

TBH mate, the only people who thought he was tough, hard or cool were rags, and the rag press.
The man's a dick of the highest order.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby gary james » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:49 am

Thanks for the comments about my part in the PLWorld documentary. As with everything there's never enough time to get everything across and, although I talked extensively about Meredith, record crowds, Trautmann et al, there was never going to be the opportunity for the producer to get all if that in. It was a rapid progression through City's modern history with me trying to emphasise that it was the period Jan 1979 to Sept 2008 that was out of character for the club, not the modern era, though they couldn't get all of that in. What was reassuring throughout though was that they wanted to ensure City and what makes City special came through. I've done lots of TV work before but this was the first time, apart from the video/DVD I helped edit on City's history at the start of the 2000s, that a company wanted to understand what MCFC was all about.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments.
Latest book "Manchester The City Years" - the full story of the Blues from the 1860s through to QPR 2012

Find out more about my writing/books: http://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4
Twitter: @GaryJamesWriter
gary james
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 am

Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:54 am

gary james wrote:Thanks for the comments about my part in the PLWorld documentary. As with everything there's never enough time to get everything across and, although I talked extensively about Meredith, record crowds, Trautmann et al, there was never going to be the opportunity for the producer to get all if that in. It was a rapid progression through City's modern history with me trying to emphasise that it was the period Jan 1979 to Sept 2008 that was out of character for the club, not the modern era, though they couldn't get all of that in. What was reassuring throughout though was that they wanted to ensure City and what makes City special came through. I've done lots of TV work before but this was the first time, apart from the video/DVD I helped edit on City's history at the start of the 2000s, that a company wanted to understand what MCFC was all about.

I thought it was a breath of fresh air, attitude-wise. I think it covered quite a lot in a short space of time and your contribution in particular was very good and helped set the tone.
It's true there were gaps, but maybe that period that you describe as being out of character with our history as a whole, was deemed the most appropriate bit to end up a cutting on the editor 's floor.

If as you say, the idea was to show what City is all about, I think it worked and it is great to see a positive piece about us out there.
I would only hope that it could reach a wider audience than the naturally interested, City fan.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:52 am

And just look at tbe next page it offers
"No city progress under pep"
Nothing ever good from these cunts even though what zabs had to say was actually very pro pep they still had to run with that headline.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:

Nothing ever good from these cunts even though what zabs had to say was actually very pro pep they still had to run with that headline.

It's an all out attack this season from Sky, because the rags are taking so long to get back into the top four.
And when they're not bashing City, they put random tributes up to rag players - Rooney twice in the last three weeks - whereby the studio is filled with large screens of the player in several celebratory shots, along with weird stats to make the player look like the best in the world and then some bullshit story to quantify the whole thing, like "West Ham might be interested in Rooney" or "Rooney won't go to China" or "Rooney will only go back to Everton".

I don't think I've ever seen them quite go to these levels before, so it stinks of total desperation to keep united relevant.

To be honest it's fucking embarrassing and I'd be cringing if it was us. The headline on a sports news channel should be the main story of the sport and there's no way Paul Pogba's stats and what Phil Jones thinks of Paul Pogba is a bigger story than City about to play Monaco in the champions League.

I was always getting rid of Sky at the end of this year, but what I've seen would have certainly tipped me over the edge even if I hadn't already made the decision and I'll be sure to tell them in great detail why I'm leaving.

I don't know how any City fan could rest easy paying these scumbags indefinitely as they pander to the scum and put us down more and more each passing week.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

It's an all out attack this season from Sky, because the rags are taking so long to get back into the top four.
And when they're not bashing City, they put random tributes up to rag players - Rooney twice in the last three weeks - whereby the studio is filled with large screens of the player in several celebratory shots, along with weird stats to make the player look like the best in the world and then some bullshit story to quantify the whole thing, like "West Ham might be interested in Rooney" or "Rooney won't go to China" or "Rooney will only go back to Everton".

I don't think I've ever seen them quite go to these levels before, so it stinks of total desperation to keep united relevant.

To be honest it's fucking embarrassing and I'd be cringing if it was us. The headline on a sports news channel should be the main story of the sport and there's no way Paul Pogba's stats and what Phil Jones thinks of Paul Pogba is a bigger story than City about to play Monaco in the champions League.

I was always getting rid of Sky at the end of this year, but what I've seen would have certainly tipped me over the edge even if I hadn't already made the decision and I'll be sure to tell them in great detail why I'm leaving.

I don't know how any City fan could rest easy paying these scumbags indefinitely as they pander to the scum and put us down more and more each passing week.

Whilst I agree on the most part, Sky offer me the opportunity to watch City (and other sporting events) on a HD and uninterrupted feed. Until an alternative is available I wont be changing. Cant stand lagging, buffering choppy feeds. :|
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

OD, Sky's selective use of replays during live matches is nothing short of scandalous. Everyone, even rags, should get Murdoch out of his/her home. It's poison.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Justified logic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

I take your point, but if City fans leave Sky and United fans stay, Sky will have all the more reason to pander to them as they will be their audience. But good choice to get rid!

On the HD / buffering issue, the pub is a good place for the important games. Round our way, a lot of pubs only have BT Sport though, I guess because more people have Sky than BT Sport at home and having subs to each is prohibitively expensive.
Justified logic

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:36 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

"City women on course to do something the men failed to do"

So when the Women Got through to the Semis
Of the FA cup yesterday did the Sky Cnuts
Say JUST LIKE THE MEN
Bet not Hey
Wankers
carolina-blue

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gary james wrote:Thanks for the comments about my part in the PLWorld documentary. As with everything there's never enough time to get everything across and, although I talked extensively about Meredith, record crowds, Trautmann et al, there was never going to be the opportunity for the producer to get all if that in. It was a rapid progression through City's modern history with me trying to emphasise that it was the period Jan 1979 to Sept 2008 that was out of character for the club, not the modern era, though they couldn't get all of that in. What was reassuring throughout though was that they wanted to ensure City and what makes City special came through. I've done lots of TV work before but this was the first time, apart from the video/DVD I helped edit on City's history at the start of the 2000s, that a company wanted to understand what MCFC was all about.

I thought it was a breath of fresh air, attitude-wise. I think it covered quite a lot in a short space of time and your contribution in particular was very good and helped set the tone.
It's true there were gaps, but maybe that period that you describe as being out of character with our history as a whole, was deemed the most appropriate bit to end up a cutting on the editor 's floor.

If as you say, the idea was to show what City is all about, I think it worked and it is great to see a positive piece about us out there.
I would only hope that it could reach a wider audience than the naturally interested, City fan.

Is it out there on the interweb, anybody got a link?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum