Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 am

london blue 2 wrote:Alan shearer has a wonderful insight into the signing of Raheem -

"Will he improve Manchester City? Yes. For £49m? No"

So which is it Al? Tit.

He really is a fucking plank. Still, good enough for the BBC and its public service remit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:51 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Alan shearer has a wonderful insight into the signing of Raheem -

"Will he improve Manchester City? Yes. For £49m? No"

So which is it Al? Tit.

Now that is genius! I like him but I don't.

To think licence payers money pays his salary. Depressing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Maybe the BBC should hire Diego Forlan, to balance Alan Shearer's nonsense!
Here are some season predictions that Diego made in his column for The National, in UAE.
Diego also gave a compliment to Manuel Pellegrini, for being one of the best managers to work for. I don't entirely agree with Diego's predictions, but I thought they were interesting, anyway.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/footbal ... ted?#page2
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:58 am

Is this the place to post media articles that are utter shit written by utter cunts?

Daily Star's take on unals loan to genk

(Sorry on phone so cut and paste the article would be a ball ache)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ing-Latest
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am

Well, seems the Guardian staff (on average) voted us to finish 4th! Wow. (Jamie Jackson actually is in a video saying 2nd or 3rd, btw).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ester-city

That suggests that tomorrow we will see United voted on average to be considered 2nd, because they have Chelsea 1st and Arsenal 3rd (all by average votes).

Hilarious.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 am

PrezIke wrote:Well, seems the Guardian staff (on average) voted us to finish 4th! Wow. (Jamie Jackson actually is in a video saying 2nd or 3rd, btw).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ester-city

That suggests that tomorrow we will see United voted on average to be considered 2nd, because they have Chelsea 1st and Arsenal 3rd (all by average votes).

Hilarious.

just posted that in another thread. They can't wait to see us drop off. Foaming at the mouth for it.

I think we'll be suprising a lot of cunts this year.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:13 pm

The latest headlines are all about jovetic "hits out at pellegrini"... the mirror have even gone with "jovetic hits out at city and pellegrini".

And then go on to quote him saying he had some problems at city but so did others. Then he says he wishes city all the best.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:The latest headlines are all about jovetic "hits out at pellegrini"... the mirror have even gone with "jovetic hits out at city and pellegrini".

And then go on to quote him saying he had some problems at city but so did others. Then he says he wishes city all the best.

Bluemoon should counter-sue the Mirror for misrepresentation using that article as evidence.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:26 am

If anybody needs any evidence of the way the football media work against us, look no further than the BBC, the bastion of objective reporting. Remember, the BBC is a national institution, paid for by the tax payer, for the tax payer. Looking over their pages you will see more talk of another bid for Bale, a full on advertisement for their new Adidas Kit and an apologist article on Di Maria's move to PSG; no mention of how a top player, the biggest buy in the PL, couldn't make it in such an average team or the thought that he went AWOL.

Compare and contrast to today's piece on our game yesterday. The 'Blue Moon Falling' article, listed on their front page goes some way to give an insight into how they work. A very single minded article written by a one of the BBCs Blog writers, with only one affiliation - to be a Rag. In his time, Shamoon Hafez has written about Taggart's 25 years in charge as well as other greats where he is asked to comment on all things Rag with this exclusive interview on Offside Liam.

So what, you ask? We played shit and deserved to get such an headline on the BBC. But did we?

I thought I'd do a comparison with what had been reported about the PSG v Rag game, one that I only knew had been played because Sky Sports News managed to mention it in passing before showing endless trails of Louis Van Butthead talking about De Gea and Di Maria, 2 of their very best players who actually want to leave the club. But could I find it, to see what they had to say about the World's Bestest club, losing to the French upstarts? Could I hell! It was only when I accidentally clicked on an article with the headline De Gea: Louis Van Gaal says keeper saga 'not favourable' that I found the full extent of how the 650,000,000 fans around the world are informed of what's going on at the Rags. That's right, nothing made of it and buried within the so called 'Bigger' story.

This is just one example of how a supposedly impartial media outlet has took the line that it's important to keep the biggest audiences happy while using negative articles against the not so big to placate the same fans.

If this is how the BBC operate, is it any wonder why we see what we do from the commercial enterprises?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dave watson's perm » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 am

Beefymcfc wrote:If anybody needs any evidence of the way the football media work against us, look no further than the BBC, the bastion of objective reporting. Remember, the BBC is a national institution, paid for by the tax payer, for the tax payer. Looking over their pages you will see more talk of another bid for Bale, a full on advertisement for their new Adidas Kit and an apologist article on Di Maria's move to PSG; no mention of how a top player, the biggest buy in the PL, couldn't make it in such an average team or the thought that he went AWOL.

Compare and contrast to today's piece on our game yesterday. The 'Blue Moon Falling' article, listed on their front page goes some way to give an insight into how they work. A very single minded article written by a one of the BBCs Blog writers, with only one affiliation - to be a Rag. In his time, Shamoon Hafez has written about Taggart's 25 years in charge as well as other greats where he is asked to comment on all things Rag with this exclusive interview on Offside Liam.

So what, you ask? We played shit and deserved to get such an headline on the BBC. But did we?

I thought I'd do a comparison with what had been reported about the PSG v Rag game, one that I only knew had been played because Sky Sports News managed to mention it in passing before showing endless trails of Louis Van Butthead talking about De Gea and Di Maria, 2 of their very best players who actually want to leave the club. But could I find it, to see what they had to say about the World's Bestest club, losing to the French upstarts? Could I hell! It was only when I accidentally clicked on an article with the headline De Gea: Louis Van Gaal says keeper saga 'not favourable' that I found the full extent of how the 650,000,000 fans around the world are informed of what's going on at the Rags. That's right, nothing made of it and buried within the so called 'Bigger' story.

This is just one example of how a supposedly impartial media outlet has took the line that it's important to keep the biggest audiences happy while using negative articles against the not so big to placate the same fans.

If this is how the BBC operate, is it any wonder why we see what we do from the commercial enterprises?

That just about sums it up in a nutshell Beefy, and anyone who thinks there isn't an agenda against us needs their bumps felt
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:40 am

Agenda or bias mate, it's all the same to me as it's a direct attack at what we are trying to do. The fact that the media have taken a line of attacking every one of our possible buys this closed season says to me that we're in for a bit of a kicking this season. They want their 'Sky 4' back and will do almost anything to influence the outcome. Just as they tried to influence the Sterling move as well as De Bryne's.

Just imagine how a young footballer must have felt, seeing all those headlines and knowing that they'd be butt of endless headlines if they made one misplaced pass?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Talk shite just reported ADM set for PSG medical ahead of a €64m fee. Wow good business they only paid 59.7m for him......hang on a minute that was pounds which is €75m. It's a wonder they didn't use $98m. If it was City it would be flop sold for €11m euro loss !!!!
I try to ignore it all but it's so blatant you can't.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Anyone else notice how whenever they show a goal of someone scoring, they will always show the goal scored against City. Never against the dippers, rags, arse or chelsea
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:49 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:Talk shite just reported ADM set for PSG medical ahead of a €64m fee. Wow good business they only paid 59.7m for him......hang on a minute that was pounds which is €75m. It's a wonder they didn't use $98m. If it was City it would be flop sold for €11m euro loss !!!!

From what I've been seeing, Dobbie is going for around £40 mil. A huge loss on the face of it.

But that's how it works, and the reason for him leaving. Subtle changes to the facts and ramp them up depending on how you want to portray them.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Talk shite just reported ADM set for PSG medical ahead of a €64m fee. Wow good business they only paid 59.7m for him......hang on a minute that was pounds which is €75m. It's a wonder they didn't use $98m. If it was City it would be flop sold for €11m euro loss !!!!

From what I've been seeing, Dobbie is going for around £40 mil. A huge loss on the face of it.

But that's how it works, and the reason for him leaving. Subtle changes to the facts and ramp them up depending on how you want to portray them.

It is much more a loss than I thought.....even more blatant then !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:22 pm

Not wanting to defend the rags in any wsy shape or form. But, surely as a company who trade with other European companies, they have a bank account in Euros as well as Sterling. Thus last year they wouldnt have paid £60m, they would gave paid whatever the exchange was back then in Euros. €75m at a guess.

Now they have agreed a fee of £44m. What is that now on Euros now the exchange rate is higher? €65m? Thus its a loss of €10m. Not as much as being quoted. Still a loss nontheless though.

The same logic can be applied to ourselves and the sales of Jovetic and Dzeko.

Of course, if exchange rates are less favourable the equation can work the other way. Should Madrid sell Bale for instance it will be for the same price or slightly higher in Euros than they paid. The Sterling price would be less however
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It is much more a loss than I thought.....even more blatant then !!

At some point it will be dredged up that it's City's fault for distorting the market.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Not wanting to defend the rags in any wsy shape or form. But, surely as a company who trade with other European companies, they have a bank account in Euros as well as Sterling. Thus last year they wouldnt have paid £60m, they would gave paid whatever the exchange was back then in Euros. €75m at a guess.

Now they have agreed a fee of £44m. What is that now on Euros now the exchange rate is higher? €65m? Thus its a loss of €10m. Not as much as being quoted. Still a loss nontheless though.

Of course, if exchange rates are less favourable the equation can work the other way. Should Madrid sell Bale for instance it will be for the same price or slightly higher in Euros than they paid. The Sterling price would be less however

Actually mate, Di Maria's initial transfer fee was report at £60 mil, that's GBP and they're letting him go a reported £44 mil which makes a book loss of approx Euros 28 million. In anybodies books, that's a huge loss.

However, as the goal and 3 assists he got in the early part of the season ensured them CL, then all is well and good.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Not wanting to defend the rags in any wsy shape or form. But, surely as a company who trade with other European companies, they have a bank account in Euros as well as Sterling. Thus last year they wouldnt have paid £60m, they would gave paid whatever the exchange was back then in Euros. €75m at a guess.

Actually mate, Di Maria's initial transfer fee was report at £60 mil, that's GBP and they're letting him go a reported £44 mil which makes a book loss of approx Euros 28 million. In anybodies books, that's a huge loss.

However, as the goal and 3 assists he got in the early part of the season ensured them CL, then all is well and good.

But that is true if we assume the exchange rate of Euros to Pounds remains constant. It hasn't. In the last year the rate has gone from somewhere around 1.2 to 1.45. It is this which negates the loss, assuming the rags have a Euro account that they deal exclusively in. If they are stupid enough not to, then the loss is as large as reported as they will have converted Euros to pounds last year and this year. I just don't believe a top European club would conduct business this way.
nottsblue

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:But that is true if we assume the exchange rate of Euros to Pounds remains constant. It hasn't. In the last year the rate has gone from somewhere around 1.2 to 1.45. It is this which negates the loss, assuming the rags have a Euro account that they deal exclusively in. If they are stupid enough not to, then the loss is as large as reported as they will have converted Euros to pounds last year and this year. I just don't believe a top European club would conduct business this way.

I imagine payments will be staggered so they'll never pay part of the original fee anyway, it'd just be settled by PSG. They'll have plenty of holding accounts for the different currencies they deal in.

I assume they'd just sit on it then until it got stronger, invest it or use it for other buys in that currency.

This was a pretty good read on it if you can be bothered: https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/c ... fer-window
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum