Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:41 am

bigblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I get that totally. But my point is they likely don't deal in Sterling. They deal in Euros. You may as well quote Vietnam Dongs for the relevance

So they bought him for £68 million and are selling him for ₫150.2 billion

quite a deal they got there

Yep. What's weird is that they sold him to PSG, the same team that valued David Luiz at £50m LOL

Makes it even worse imo
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby kinsey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Was driving today and I swear you could hear the guy on Radio 5 nearly fall off his chair when Chris Waddle tipped us for the title - "City?!".

As others have said, we have been so consistently underestimated that it feels like a real slap in the face for our efforts over the last few years.

The only thing I would say in slight defence of these pundits is that none of them are aware (yet!) of what I think will be a major factor for us this year - the surprise package that will be Ian Nacho!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:55 pm

kinsey wrote:Was driving today and I swear you could hear the guy on Radio 5 nearly fall off his chair when Chris Waddle tipped us for the title - "City?!".

As others have said, we have been so consistently underestimated that it feels like a real slap in the face for our efforts over the last few years.

The only thing I would say in slight defence of these pundits is that none of them are aware (yet!) of what I think will be a major factor for us this year - the surprise package that will be Ian Nacho!

Mate, they're fully aware of everything we have to offer.

That's the whole point. They KNOW we are at least second favourites for the title.

Yet they publish drivel purely to push their agenda.
And you know what? It works. Big time.

I've spent the last couple of weeks, more than any other season, stupidly trying to justify what we have achieved in the last five years.

And I find myself actually arguing against the back page of the mirror or the sun before I cop on.

It works, that's why they do it.
Original Dub

Postby kinsey » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm

I think it is a bit more nuanced than that with the broadcast media - especially with the beeb. I don't think their position is borne out of any corporate commercial motivation, but out of personal preservation.

All in, these guys have a great life, so why risk any of it by expressing anything that might be seen to be out of the ordinary? On top of this, add in the presence of high profile ex pros who intimidate these guys (consciously and/or unconsciously) and it is as if what should be fearless journalists seem to dissolve into yes men.

From the ex players point of view, our emergence is just so foreign to what they knew that they can not believe it will last and they do not have the brains to see that it can not be any other way.
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:35 pm

I thought spiceboy was going to cry tonight when chelsea were proved to be useless by swansea.

At least Henry tried to say to give Swansea credit, but was cut off. Agenda, what agenda??!!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:32 pm

So the anti MCFC media brigade didn't get much right this weekend so far with there build up , hype and predictions did they ? ;-) plenty of anti how much for Sterling shit has risen its head again last night / this morning ......... fucking pathetic !!! Oh well reality has kicked in and the football and the results have SPOKEN and highlighted even more how the agenda driven media operate , Chelski outplayed at home and drop 2 points , Arsenal beaten comfortably at home , oh and the rags won through an own goal but were utter SHITE !!!

Lets hit the ground running tomorrow night at the Hawthorns ......... COME ON CITY
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 pm

City64 wrote:So the anti MCFC media brigade didn't get much right this weekend so far with there build up , hype and predictions did they ? ;-) plenty of anti how much for Sterling shit has risen its head again last night / this morning ......... fucking pathetic !!! Oh well reality has kicked in and the football and the results have SPOKEN and highlighted even more how the agenda driven media operate , Chelski outplayed at home and drop 2 points , Arsenal beaten comfortably at home , oh and the rags won through an own goal but were utter SHITE !!!

Lets hit the ground running tomorrow night at the Hawthorns ......... COME ON CITY

Oh look now ...........

Bookies have made made us favourites for the title after tonights performance

Haha get ready for a media love in !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:27 pm

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:So the anti MCFC media brigade didn't get much right this weekend so far with there build up , hype and predictions did they ? ;-) plenty of anti how much for Sterling shit has risen its head again last night / this morning ......... fucking pathetic !!! Oh well reality has kicked in and the football and the results have SPOKEN and highlighted even more how the agenda driven media operate , Chelski outplayed at home and drop 2 points , Arsenal beaten comfortably at home , oh and the rags won through an own goal but were utter SHITE !!!

Oh look now ...........

Come again ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:50 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

Oh look now ...........

Come again ?

Fuck me, we're now favourites with the majority of Bookies. They must have seen a few quid placed after tonight's game.

Oddschecker
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Did anyone hear vinnys comment about City not being a media favourite?

Nice to know the club and players are aware of this bias bullshit.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Did anyone hear vinnys comment about City not being a media favourite?

I thought Vinnie was class as usual tonight, putting Carragher back in his box really tickled me. I think we know exactly where we are with the media.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:53 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Did anyone hear vinnys comment about City not being a media favourite?

Loved it. Mentioned in the match thread and how it had motivated the team
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Loved it. Mentioned in the match thread and how it had motivated the team

Felt like a message to the fans...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Had to get to work, what did he say?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Had to get to work, what did he say?

Carlfeedthegoat is a impulsive cunt
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:28 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Had to get to work, what did he say?

Carlfeedthegoat is a impulsive cunt

Now Now......applause for Vinnies goal but lets be honest ,Vinnie didnt have a great game at the back. He will be punished for them lapses he had against a better team but there was a slight improvement....Ill admit.

Im glad he put that thick scouse cunt in his box and also said what some of us have been saying for fucking years..the media are biased.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I thought Vinnie was class as usual tonight, putting Carragher back in his box really tickled me. I think we know exactly where we are with the media.

Beefy, I have already added this post-match report by Jamie Carragher, to the match thread. However, I thought it was worth cross-posting here, since it won't be every day that City receives such universal praise, from all their usual critics!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... agher.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:12 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Beefy, I have already added this post-match report by Jamie Carragher, to the match thread. However, I thought it was worth cross-posting here, since it won't be every day that City receives such universal praise, from all their usual critics!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... agher.html

'He has drove them to the title'... Carragher.

With or without hubcaps Jamie ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 am

We just played the same as usual. This is one of the problems, no matter how well we play the twats have forgotten by two days later
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:26 am

'He has drove them to the title'... Carragher.

With or without hubcaps Jamie ?[/quote]
^^
Zuricity, I guess that Carragher was so driven to distraction by City's exceptional performance, that his grammar took a road trip!

So, Carragher thinks that Yaya is one of the finest players in the league! Carragher's endorsement is part of the long and winding road, of steering journalists to review City more fairly...
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum