Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:15 am

nottsblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Shearer even said he was the PL's only world class player which surprised Linekar a bit.

That's cos he was talking shit, as usual.

If we seem "world class" as the best XI I the world, who in the PL would feature. Genuine question and one I've had arguments with dippers in the past about Gerrard.

For that matter, let us also say a squad of 23. Would many of the PL get in?

Probably Aguero and Bellerin. That's it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MUS » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 am

What's all this shit on SSN about Aguero leaving. What a bunch of bitter twats, literally clutching at straws.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sidSmith » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:58 am

Anyone watch the 'NFL this week' on BBC? I find the pundits knowledgeable, humorous, honest, opinionated and entertaining.

Contrast this to MOTD where they're so fucking serious, uptight, obnoxious and arrogant. In fact, almost any football show which involves pundits I find pretty much the same.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:42 am

Just been reading (on Yahoo Sports of all places) about a lot of scathing criticism being thrown at Pep, by the Spanish media, with regard to our recent run of indifferent results and then by the setback in Barcelona.

Del Bosque has been publicly defending him, his style of management and his footballing ideas and has claimed that this criticism is politically motivated because Pep is an ardent and vocal advocate of Catalan independence.

It seems as though the agenda against City, via Pep, has now transcended international boundaries, although it was always the case where UEFA were/are concerned.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:16 am

The Catalan issue for Pep and the Spanish media is nothing new.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:58 pm

zuricity wrote:The Catalan issue for Pep and the Spanish media is nothing new.

Fridays presser he was asked if RM offered him the job prior to City "PISS TAKE" see his answer on OS, Pique or any Catalan who raises the issue is attacked.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:45 pm

The comment I was making, which I probably didn't express too clearly, was the fact that this criticism of Pep had spilled over to become severe criticism of City and City's 'poor' League form, when that particular aspect should have been of no concern to the Spanish media.

I know it's a bit different but when Moyes and Neville were both managing in Spain, the media in this country weren't on their backs because of the poor League form of their respective Clubs over there; a factor which didn't affect us one iota.

I don't know if Bayern Munich were slagged off at all by the Spanish press when Pep was managing that particular Club, but it just seemed another instance of City, as usual, 'catching it in the neck' most unfairly. I mean, it's bad enough what we have to put up with from the media in this country, without foreign news agencies queuing up to put the boot in as well, be they politically motivated or not.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:27 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

The comment I was making, which I probably didn't express too clearly, was the fact that this criticism of Pep had spilled over to become severe criticism of City and City's 'poor' League form, when that particular aspect should have been of no concern to the Spanish media.

I know it's a bit different but when Moyes and Neville were both managing in Spain, the media in this country weren't on their backs because of the poor League form of their respective Clubs over there; a factor which didn't affect us one iota.

I don't know if Bayern Munich were slagged off at all by the Spanish press when Pep was managing that particular Club, but it just seemed another instance of City, as usual, 'catching it in the neck' most unfairly. I mean, it's bad enough what we have to put up with from the media in this country, without foreign news agencies queuing up to put the boot in as well, be they politically motivated or not.

I play footy with a guy from Madrid, A RM fan and although he doesn't think much of Guardiola. It is not because of his abilities but because , in the past PEP has ignored the Spanish Anthem, speaks of Catalona etc. It has been going on a few years apparently.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:48 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I play footy with a guy from Madrid, A RM fan and although he doesn't think much of Guardiola. It is not because of his abilities but because , in the past PEP has ignored the Spanish Anthem, speaks of Catalona etc. It has been going on a few years apparently.

Thanks for that ZC, didn't realise that Pep had a 'track record' with regard to this.

Who says politics and sport don't mix ??

Wonder if there's a potential Off Topic thread here with regard to any future fragmentation of Spain as a country ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Shearer even said he was the PL's only world class player which surprised Linekar a bit.

That's cos he was talking shit, as usual.

If we seem "world class" as the best XI I the world, who in the PL would feature. Genuine question and one I've had arguments with dippers in the past about Gerrard.

For that matter, let us also say a squad of 23. Would many of the PL get in?

For me World class isn't best 11. It's players that can and do perform on the biggest stages in world football.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:06 pm

I am not going to put the link in here. However, one of the daily bollocks has put out their player rankings out of 10 and their brief synopsis of each. Considering what I witnessed last night, the Penis who wrote this is one very bitter journo (I use that term loosely).
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I am not going to put the link in here. However, one of the daily bollocks has put out their player rankings out of 10 and their brief synopsis of each. Considering what I witnessed last night, the Penis who wrote this is one very bitter journo (I use that term loosely).

Off to look at that in a moment, been busy morning and only just looked on BBC footie page and for once 4 of the 6 headliners are about US doing Barca :o :o :o
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I am not going to put the link in here. However, one of the daily bollocks has put out their player rankings out of 10 and their brief synopsis of each. Considering what I witnessed last night, the Penis who wrote this is one very bitter journo (I use that term loosely).

If Samuel Johnson was correct when he said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" then, on that basis, journalism today must be the last refuge of the feeble minded.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 pm

give us a clue WW, I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life wading through 6/7/8 markings from the usual suspects - of which appendage do you speak? just the name not the link.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

give us a clue WW, I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life wading through 6/7/8 markings from the usual suspects - of which appendage do you speak? just the name not the link.

It's the Mail
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's the Mail
Otter apart, they are pretty much the same - Samuel's match report is a good read though, if only for agonised rag comments following it
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's the Mail

The Sun and Mirror are no better. Just done the big shop and had a read of the papers. The defence got 6s or 6.5s except for Otter who got 5.5. The Sun even had a side article "Sterling watch" where they specifically detailed what he did. They said he had a good game, showed maturity for the assist, but missed a sitter(!!!???) and then gave him 6.

Do these imbeciles even watch the game?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's the Mail

The Sun and Mirror are no better. Just done the big shop and had a read of the papers. The defence got 6s or 6.5s except for Otter who got 5.5. The Sun even had a side article "Sterling watch" where they specifically detailed what he did. They said he had a good game, showed maturity for the assist, but missed a sitter(!!!???) and then gave him 6.

Maybe not but he did miss a sitter.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's the Mail

A very good chance maybe but I wouldn't class it as a sitter.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

A very good chance maybe but I wouldn't class it as a sitter.

Fuck me mate he only had to wellie it past the goalie from 6 yards with no one tackling him. But he had what the media call 'a heavy touch'. I'm sure pep will have another quiet word about when to hit it
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum