Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:08 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Just listened to sky report and even though Bilic clearly said Reid was coming off as a tactical move, they are still reporting that he was unable to continue due to sergios elbow connecting with him.

Really?

Seen that and it just shows the power they hold, able to report lies with no comeback. It's obvious what their agenda is and the Rag sheep will lap it up.

Just watched this Sky report on tv and I am truly and utterly disgusted how they have edited and manipulated the footage into PR LIES to suit THERE AGENDA .

Wow the lies and wiff of corruptness in the full light of day as Aguero is charged tonight . Now then the question surely must be is the FA in Sky,s pocket or the other way around ????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:37 pm

The mirror at it again. With capitals in case a headline wasn't big enough.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-8743003
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:The mirror at it again. With capitals in case a headline wasn't big enough.

All those players we've let leave on loan worth nearly as much as what the rags spent on one player this summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The mirror at it again. With capitals in case a headline wasn't big enough.

All those players we've let leave on loan worth nearly as much as what the rags spent on one player this summer.

Wondering where the £95m figure was from. Bony £25m, Hart £1.5m (assuming the add ons have been reached by now), Nasri, £24m and Mangala £32m. Someone at the Mirror has a serious maths deficiency to go with their literacy 'skills'
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:11 pm

I didn't read to far and it is the same narrative that TalkSport are spouting. However, let's take it one step at a time.

1. They say we're paying £500,000 a week for those 4 players which would work out at £125,000 a player on average. From what they are saying we are paying all of their wages and not getting any sort of loan fee back. Well, that is just lies because the Mirror itself reported that there was a £2 million loan fee for Bony which would also dictate that they would pay his wages; why would they pay a loan fee is they're not ready to meet his wages? We also know that the Mirror reported that we will share the cost of Mangala with his new club therefore negating the average salary once again (although he was never on that much anyway). As for Hart and Nasri, one we are doing a favour and the other is just not in the plans so is it right to keep them here? We cannot win on this one.

2. As for the four in question, they were bought under different regimes and it's normal for every club to loan/sell players when a new manager comes in. the fact that we are getting something back for them seems to have been missed. As per the Jovetic and Dzeko deals, there was provision in place where the club loaning them had a provision to buy. This will be in place again but, as usual, nobody will know the contract clauses until they are invoked.

3. The Mirror, and every other pile of shit paper are no longer after journalistic value, they're only after click bait to enhance their ratings for advertising. The value of such an article is only for the Shite 4 who used to top the league and continually run away with all the profits. And as long as Blues understand the meaning of true football fans then the fanbase that these stories are aimed at can be soon shot down and allowed to scurry back off into the darkness.

In summary, fuck 'em!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I didn't read to far and it is the same narrative that TalkSport are spouting. However, let's take it one step at a time.

1. They say we're paying £500,000 a week for those 4 players which would work out at £125,000 a player on average. From what they are saying we are paying all of their wages and not getting any sort of loan fee back. Well, that is just lies because the Mirror itself reported that there was a £2 million loan fee for Bony which would also dictate that they would pay his wages; why would they pay a loan fee is they're not ready to meet his wages? We also know that the Mirror reported that we will share the cost of Mangala with his new club therefore negating the average salary once again (although he was never on that much anyway). As for Hart and Nasri, one we are doing a favour and the other is just not in the plans so is it right to keep them here? We cannot win on this one.

2. As for the four in question, they were bought under different regimes and it's normal for every club to loan/sell players when a new manager comes in. the fact that we are getting something back for them seems to have been missed. As per the Jovetic and Dzeko deals, there was provision in place where the club loaning them had a provision to buy. This will be in place again but, as usual, nobody will know the contract clauses until they are invoked.

3. The Mirror, and every other pile of shit paper are no longer after journalistic value, they're only after click bait to enhance their ratings for advertising. The value of such an article is only for the Shite 4 who used to top the league and continually run away with all the profits. And as long as Blues understand the meaning of true football fans then the fanbase that these stories are aimed at can be soon shot down and allowed to scurry back off into the darkness.

In summary, they're a bunch of cu*ts!

Fixed that one as well.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

In summary, they're a bunch of cu*ts!

Fixed that one as well.

Cheers Patrick, always looking out for me ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:14 am

Total weekly wages bill for those four would be £430,000, not £500,000

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manch ... -salaries/
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 am

Justified logic wrote:Total weekly wages bill for those four would be £430,000, not £500,000

If we take those figures at face value and factor in what's been reported then it works out like this

Reportedly Torino are paying Hart £50k a week so that leaves us picking up the other £60k

Reportedly Sevilla are paying 65% of Nasri's wage which would equal £78k leaving us picking up the other £42k

Reportedly Stoke are paying Bony's wages in full

As for Mangala, reports in Portugal suggested City and Porto had struck a deal to pay half his wage each so that would be a subsidy of £50k, however this fell through as City were said to have received a better financial offer from Valencia. I've yet to see any report about the details of the Valencia deal but even if we were to take it on the Porto terms the total subsidy for all four would be £152k, nowhere even close to the £500k that Mr Prenderville claims.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Total weekly wages bill for those four would be £430,000, not £500,000

If we take those figures at face value and factor in what's been reported then it works out like this

Reportedly Torino are paying Hart £50k a week so that leaves us picking up the other £60k

Reportedly Sevilla are paying 65% of Nasri's wage which would equal £78k leaving us picking up the other £42k

Reportedly Stoke are paying Bony's wages in full

As for Mangala, reports in Portugal suggested City and Porto had struck a deal to pay half his wage each so that would be a subsidy of £50k, however this fell through as City were said to have received a better financial offer from Valencia. I've yet to see any report about the details of the Valencia deal but even if we were to take it on the Porto terms the total subsidy for all four would be £152k, nowhere even close to the £500k that Mr Prenderville claims.

As a modern 'journalist', you just can let the facts get in the way of a good, anti-City, rant.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:16 am

Red nose cost the scum how much. Not a word on the subject.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:18 am

Is it still "all in our heads"?

Just need to check every so often...
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:22 am

Original Dub wrote:Is it still "all in our heads"?

I wouldn't mind but Prenderville obviously took his info from City fan and Mirror journo Simon Mullock. Mullock penned an article the other day saying that City face the prospect of paying out £500k in subsidised wages, Prenderville has obviously taken this as gospel when the loan deals went through without bothering to check any of the financial details of the deals.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:02 am

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Just listened to sky report and even though Bilic clearly said Reid was coming off as a tactical move, they are still reporting that he was unable to continue due to sergios elbow connecting with him.

Really?

Seen that and it just shows the power they hold, able to report lies with no comeback. It's obvious what their agenda is and the Rag sheep will lap it up.

Just watched this Sky report on tv and I am truly and utterly disgusted how they have edited and manipulated the footage into PR LIES to suit THERE AGENDA .

You can imagine what Sky does with news and politics aswell. It's a fucking disease.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:28 am

Ill pounce on that cunt the next time he posts.

Im lying in the bushes waiting for the fuckign TIT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:33 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WTF have I done now ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WTF have I done now ;-)

Your untouchable mate ))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WTF have I done now ;-)

Your untouchable mate ))

His wife agrees.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

WTF have I done now ;-)

Your untouchable mate ))

His wife agrees.

Oiiiiiii, we'll have less of that!

She can't help the fact that I'm irresistible ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Guys, can you name names again? Who doesn't think that journos write clickbait stories?

You can stick your conspiracy ref theories up your arse but the media definitely have an agenda.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum