Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:00 am

bigblue wrote:Apparently the Guardian are predicting the rags to win the league. Complete joke

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ons-league

The way that paper is going itll be out of business before the scum win the league again. Good. The world no longer needs "newspapers".
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:29 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
bigblue wrote:Apparently the Guardian are predicting the rags to win the league. Complete joke

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ons-league

The way that paper is going itll be out of business before the scum win the league again. Good. The world no longer needs "newspapers".

In fairness, Spurs have not been rated yet so Utd could be 4th.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Love the way the BBC quote how much Pep has spent since he arrived in every article they write. Over 100m now, conveniently, deliberately mentioned so they can justify Maureen's spending and say it's our fault and he is completely justified as we're ruining football and he's the saviour, no doubt.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:41 am

The Times are now reporting Pogba will generate £40m in the first year or so in commercial income. Trying desperately to justify the price tag. What utter horseshit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:51 am

nottsblue wrote:The Times are now reporting Pogba will generate £40m in the first year or so in commercial income. Trying desperately to justify the price tag. What utter horseshit

Did they break down and show the calculation of how he'll generate that or have they just made it up and ran with it as usual?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:12 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The Times are now reporting Pogba will generate £40m in the first year or so in commercial income. Trying desperately to justify the price tag. What utter horseshit

Did they break down and show the calculation of how he'll generate that or have they just made it up and ran with it as usual?

Think they rolled a few dice and made it up. Must've done as this has never to my knowledge been done before. Even with Neymar or Beckham back in the day. Or a potential Messi or Ronaldo transfer. It's not as if Pogba is in the worlds top 3 players at present. Or that good looking that the marketing men fall over themselves to get him as the poster boy like with Ronaldo.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Sky "sources":

Fee for Pogba will be £89m

And there you have it. If it was us signing him, those same sources would have come up with £189m

Bullshit.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:Sky "sources":

And there you have it. If it was us signing him, those same sources would have come up with £189m

Bullshit.

That may be the fee, but then you've got the £28 million to his agent on top of that. Won't mention that will they. Pricks!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:42 pm

Mase wrote:

Bullshit.

That may be the fee, but then you've got the £28 million to his agent on top of that. Won't mention that will they. Pricks!

Exactly
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Fucking £89 mil, for one of your own players?

*In fucking stitches!!!*
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:00 am

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:

Bullshit.

Exactly

Have they deducted the fee they originally received for him though?...its a significant sum ;)
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:49 am

It is fucking ridiculous...

Although Chelsea look to be about to do something similar with Lukaku. And they already did it on a smaller scale with Matic.
Original Dub

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:It is fucking ridiculous...

Although Chelsea look to be about to do something similar with Lukaku. And they already did it on a smaller scale with Matic.

The clubs have too much money now...I know its not mine so why should i care but its getting silly
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:08 am

its "football nowadays" when man utd spend 100 million on a player (noone reporting the agent fee of course)
makes you sick really
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:18 am

There are positives to this. It gives a ready-made riposte to anyone moaning about our spending for start.

I have seen total costs of £170M quoted so the media is not all Raggy.

Plus I don't really think we have any right to pontificate about high transfer spending to be honest. let's just quietly bring in players, especially a CB - no one will notice 50M quid now
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sidSmith » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:14 am

Why do we have this lack of consistency in reporting? Surely the fees paid are published by the clubs, so when your national news agency in the BBC constantly under play the fees paid by some clubs, but massively over exaggerate the fees paid by other, it's fucking irritating! They have the information, they just choose to report it in a twisted way. See Martial and Sterling last year.

Also interesting that the main article on the BBC includes a video that is Pogba explaining why the left and felt disrespected by them. Content not working, please try again later. Move along, nothing to see here, please watch all the positive content and disregard anything negative.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:58 pm

sidSmith wrote:Why do we have this lack of consistency in reporting? Surely the fees paid are published by the clubs, so when your national news agency in the BBC constantly under play the fees paid by some clubs, but massively over exaggerate the fees paid by other, it's fucking irritating! They have the information, they just choose to report it in a twisted way. See Martial and Sterling last year.

Also interesting that the main article on the BBC includes a video that is Pogba explaining why the left and felt disrespected by them. Content not working, please try again later. Move along, nothing to see here, please watch all the positive content and disregard anything negative.

Agree with you on that mate, and see also the "Is Stones worth 47.2M?" page v camelgob on why pogba definitely is. To be fair, the article is generally positive.

However the pogba interview is working for me. Try this link.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/27245867
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:44 pm

The scum need to quit social media. Embarrassing:

Watch on youtube.com

The replies are great though:

"A dabing Moussa Sissoko"

"Matuidi with a shit haircut tbh"

"100m for a french James Milner"
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:There are positives to this. It gives a ready-made riposte to anyone moaning about our spending for start.

I have seen total costs of £170M quoted so the media is not all Raggy.

Plus I don't really think we have any right to pontificate about high transfer spending to be honest. let's just quietly bring in players, especially a CB - no one will notice 50M quid now

Another positive ..........

Man Utd buying the Europa League !

Wankers ! :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sidSmith » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Based on the shit they come out with this wouldn't be a bad idea.

Petition
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum