Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Holy fuck, a new low for Sky.

This is especially for you two simpletons:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -mike-rigg

Pretty sure the club could sue for liable over that shit OD

Do we really have to click it?

No.

"If I take us back to 2008 and when Manchester City bought Robinho, it does have a knock on effect, it does inflate prices," Rigg told Sky Sports News.

"Regardless to how you see it, England is seen as an easy way of bringing money into other leagues."

How much was Berbatov?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Manchester City signing Robinho drove up prices, says Mike Rigg

Premier League inflation dates back to Manchester City's capture of Robinho in 2008, says the club's former head of player acquisition.

Dubbed "the birth of Deadline Day in its present form", Man City were the subject of one of football's biggest takeovers in history and completing the £32.5m signing of one of Brazil's most iconic names - Robinho - in the space of 15 hours on August 31, nine years ago.

The Abu Dhabi United Group, backed by Sheikh Mansour, had bought Manchester City from Thaksin Shinawatra and, having missed out on Dimitar Bebatov to Manchester United, looked to bring in a marquee signing before the window shut.

And it was Robinho's arrival which sparked a domino effect still driving transfer prices up ahead of the new 2017-18 Premier League season, according to Mike Rigg, Manchester City head of player acquisition from 2008 until 2012.

"If I take us back to 2008 and when Manchester City bought Robinho, it does have a knock on effect, it does inflate prices," Rigg told Sky Sports News.

"Regardless to how you see it, England is seen as an easy way of bringing money into other leagues."

Agents are citing clients as young as 18 or 19 as 'the future Neymar' to up their value, says Mike Rigg

Rigg believes the lasting impact of Robinho's late transfer to City can be seen across a number of leagues in the modern game, with Neymar's world-record £200m move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain having further consequences.

"The finances that Neymar will kick on will have an effect, not just at the first-team level but right throughout all different levels, so it has an effect in the Championship and young players coming through the system as well," Rigg added.

"To give you an example, I've sat through negotiations before where there's an agent representing a young player - and he may be 18, 19 - that will be using examples of other players who have been sold in the league or from the club as upping the value of their particular player, as he'll be cited as the future Neymar."
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

No.

"If I take us back to 2008 and when Manchester City bought Robinho, it does have a knock on effect, it does inflate prices," Rigg told Sky Sports News.

How much was Berbatov?

They really fucking hate us, don't they?
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

No.

How much was Berbatov?

They really fucking hate us, don't they?

It pays them to.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Berbatov's fee. In the same fucking window.

£30.75m

So we paid £1.75m more for a much younger player and that's what ruined transfer fees?

That's before taking into account us selling robinho for 15m and united selling berbatov for 5m.

We ruined transfer fees. As well as football. It's just too much to take. What a horrible club.
Original Dub

Postby littlebig » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:46 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Can we paste the text rather than feed thier agenda by posting links. Hate going on those pages to read this shit. Curiosity often gets the better.

Anyway, another dig, in the images "city spent 50 mil on Walker" whilst scum simply "signed lukaku from everton"

Twats

Second this. I never click links for Sky / Mail etc. but would like to see what's being said.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:Berbatov's fee. In the same fucking window.

£30.75m

So we paid £1.75m more for a much younger player and that's what ruined transfer fees?

That's before taking into account us selling robinho for 15m and united selling berbatov for 5m.

We ruined transfer fees. As well as football. It's just too much to take. What a horrible club.

Anyone who goes on about the agenda being a myth I will fucking troll them till the end of days - it's fucking mind boggling the hate these so called journos have for our team - jealous envious scum .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Danny Rose wanting a slice of the cake, will become City's fault for signing his Yorkshite mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

littlebig wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Can we paste the text rather than feed thier agenda by posting links. Hate going on those pages to read this shit. Curiosity often gets the better.

Anyway, another dig, in the images "city spent 50 mil on Walker" whilst scum simply "signed lukaku from everton"

Twats

Second this. I never click links for Sky / Mail etc. but would like to see what's being said.

I remember a few years back one/some of the media outlets emailed/wrote to whoever was running this site at the time, stating that by cutting and pasting their articles/stories/bullshit, we were infringing their copyright or some such and if it continued, they might sue the site.
That's when the links as opposed to cut and paste started.
I'm sure WW, will be able to cast some more light on it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:
littlebig wrote:

Twats

I remember a few years back one/some of the media outlets emailed/wrote to whoever was running this site at the time, stating that by cutting and pasting their articles/stories/bullshit, we were infringing their copyright or some such and if it continued, they might sue the site.

You are quite right P.

On the same note..some of these cunts should be sued just for sharing the same oxygen we all suck in....scum.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Best we ram it back down their throats starting with Brighton this weekend. Nothing against Brighton but let's FTCU good and proper and lay down a marker.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Just to put the record straight the rags paid £30 million for camel gob way back when , that would equate to £100 million plus yes £100 million plus deal . Nah no agenda FUCK OFF SKY !!!

While im at it ............. spellcheck

Liable
Libel
Liarable
Liars
Lying cunts

Get these media cunts sued MCFC !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:
littlebig wrote:

Twats

So can we not paste the story and provide the link like most of the useless cunts on Twitter? Then we can know the content without adding to thier agenda.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
littlebig wrote:

Twats

So can we not paste the story and provide the link like most of the useless cunts on Twitter? Then we can know the content without adding to thier agenda.

Link and salient section(s) , but PLEASE use the quote tags or we'll think it's your scribblings...
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby walshawblue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Isnt Mike Rigg one of the City staff who went over to the scum? Makes sense if it is.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm

City64 wrote:Just to put the record straight the rags paid £30 million for camel gob way back when , that would equate to £100 million plus yes £100 million plus deal . Nah no agenda FUCK OFF SKY !!!

Liable
Libel
Liarable
Liars
Lying cunts

Why does "Steam off my piss" and these worthless gits come to mind ? It's worrying ... digging deep for local catchphrases to describe said excrement.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm

City64 wrote:Just to put the record straight the rags paid £30 million for camel gob way back when , that would equate to £100 million plus yes £100 million plus deal . Nah no agenda FUCK OFF SKY !!!

Liable
Libel
Liarable
Liars
Lying cunts

Why does "Steam off my piss" and these worthless gits come to mind ? It's worrying ... digging deep for local catchphrases to describe said excrement.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 pm

zuricity wrote:

Liable
Libel
Liarable
Liars
Lying cunts

Excrement and piss how very posh ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:06 pm

City64 wrote:

Absolutely.

If Mrs Beckscum can sue a North East chip shop for using a cartoon of her, in a poster advertising their 'thin crust' pizza, then I'm sure the Club ought to be seriously contemplating legal action over this. The two instances are hardly comparable.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:49 pm

New season, new predictions. Lawro has gone for the old favourite for us v Brighton.
Yep, you guessed it.

Brighton 0 Manchester City 2

Kind of comforting in a way!
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum