Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:46 pm

I read a report of last night's game in the Mirror today ( OK OK, I know I shouldn't have but I was at the hospital and it was on the table in the waiting room) and I was expecting a load of drivel to be spouted.

I was completely surprised because, although they criticised our defensive shortcomings (as well as those of Monaco, to be fair), the article was, overall, absolutely gushing at the game itself as a spectacle, at the attacking football on display and, especially, at the way we picked ourselves up off the floor, to come back and win.

It also extolled Pep's principles with regard to how the game should be played and, although they characterised his approach to that of being a gambler who was prepared to commit players forward just to outscore the opposition, they described it such a way that it came over as a virtue (which it is).

After the way they have slated us in the past, I just couldn't believe what I was reading and, when I'd finished, I didn't feel quite so dirty as when I first picked the paper up...........

.........mind you, the entire back page was virtually devoted to Shrek's forthcoming career change in China, so they didn't really divert from type.

Nevertheless, it was still a good report and quite unexpected.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Last nights game had absolutely everything for a neutral MC and was a great advertisement for the competition.
This despite us having to fight against dubious refereeing yet again.

I suppose even that too added to the spectacle.

How could they report any otherwise.?
I suppose it hasn't stopped them in the past.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:09 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Last nights game had absolutely everything for a neutral MC and was a great advertisement for the competition.

It, more often than not, takes two teams to make a great and memorable football match, so it's all credit to Monaco for what they put into it last night. As you so rightly say, it had everything for a neutral and, with performances like that, we could easily become everyone's favourite second team.

You certainly have a habit of choosing great games to come over to watch; you ought to do it more often. :D

Anyway, are you back home now and have you fully 'recovered' yet ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I read a report of last night's game in the Mirror today ( OK OK, I know I shouldn't have but I was at the hospital and it was on the table in the waiting room) and I was expecting a load of drivel to be spouted.

I was completely surprised because, although they criticised our defensive shortcomings (as well as those of Monaco, to be fair), the article was, overall, absolutely gushing at the game itself as a spectacle, at the attacking football on display and, especially, at the way we picked ourselves up off the floor, to come back and win.

It also extolled Pep's principles with regard to how the game should be played and, although they characterised his approach to that of being a gambler who was prepared to commit players forward just to outscore the opposition, they described it such a way that it came over as a virtue (which it is).

After the way they have slated us in the past, I just couldn't believe what I was reading and, when I'd finished, I didn't feel quite so dirty as when I first picked the paper up...........

.........mind you, the entire back page was virtually devoted to Shrek's forthcoming career change in China, so they didn't really divert from type.

So, what did they prescribe for your hallucinations?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I read a report of last night's game in the Mirror today ( OK OK, I know I shouldn't have but I was at the hospital and it was on the table in the waiting room) and I was expecting a load of drivel to be spouted.

So, what did they prescribe for your hallucinations?

Nothing; I'm already on medication for those. :oops:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:08 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Sky's piece on the game is embarrassing. Imagine if we'd have lost...

Not seen mate, any chance of a heads up?

Not much to tell mate. 30 secs of a pep post match presser, run through of scorers and into pie gate...

Much like the rest of the media, it was as if we'd never played in one of the most entertaining games in modern CL history. These games are notorious for teams not wanting to give an inch but to get 2 teams going at it like that really does do a lot for the CL, and English clubs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Sky's piece on the game is embarrassing. Imagine if we'd have lost...

Not much to tell mate. 30 secs of a pep post match presser, run through of scorers and into pie gate...

Much like the rest of the media, it was as if we'd never played in one of the most entertaining games in modern CL history. These games are notorious for teams not wanting to give an inch but to get 2 teams going at it like that really does do a lot for the CL, and English clubs.

Not that interested now they don't have all the match rights are they. Total wankers feeding the masses instead of simply reporting sporting news.

I'm a hypocrite though as I can't live without my sky package.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:55 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Not that interested now they don't have all the match rights are they. Total wankers feeding the masses instead of simply reporting sporting news.

I'm a hypocrite though as I can't live without my sky package.

I cancelled until last year and then my son phoned up to get the full package for £16 a month as a special promotion. He pays it, I use his Sky Go when needed.

It's the best out there, I just refuse to pay for a package that clearly doesn't give us the correct coverage. It'd be like paying somebody to twat me round the head every 10 minutes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Last nights game had absolutely everything for a neutral MC and was a great advertisement for the competition.

It, more often than not, takes two teams to make a great and memorable football match, so it's all credit to Monaco for what they put into it last night. As you so rightly say, it had everything for a neutral and, with performances like that, we could easily become everyone's favourite second team.

You certainly have a habit of choosing great games to come over to watch; you ought to do it more often. :D

Anyway, are you back home now and have you fully 'recovered' yet ??

Yeah back home safely MC. We have been to some classics. The only downer I brought him to was the Wigan final. We were sitting quietly in the Wigan end. The only way I could get tickets.

Back on the subject of the media. Watched the highlights of last nights game just now, on RTE after the Leocester game and all the panel of Liam Brady, Damien Duff and Ronnie Whelan could talk about was how Pep won't win anything with this City team and how badly his defensive record is and how Aguero is leaving this summer.

Unbelievable over here how they are still sticking with the old script. I hate watching us on RTE.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 am

Talkshite are in their element this week. Fatboy Holmes and Rachel 'Nice Figure' Riley yesterday and Fatboy Holmes and Ray 'Over The Limit' Wilkins today talking all things United, Rooney and China.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 am

That most likely would have been written and edited by Andy Dunn who is one the best sports editors out there to be honest , a very fair guy who knows his stuff . Although he is a dipper through and through he is far too good for the Mirror and it is very strange how all the rag shite portrayed by said Mirror gets by him with him being a dipper and all that ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

City64 wrote:

That most likely would have been written and edited by Andy Dunn who is one the best sports editors out there to be honest , a very fair guy who knows his stuff . Although he is a dipper through and through he is far too good for the Mirror and it is very strange how all the rag shite portrayed by said Mirror gets by him with him being a dipper and all that ???

You're right 64, it was Andy Dunn who wrote it.

He actually seemed totally wound up in the euphoria surrounding the game and all the excitement it generated, almost as if he was a true and neutral football fan.

It really was most refreshing when compared to the 'normal' bile we have to suffer..
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 am

Justified logic wrote:Talkshite are in their element this week. Fatboy Holmes and Rachel 'Nice Figure' Riley yesterday and Fatboy Holmes and Ray 'Over The Limit' Wilkins today talking all things United, Rooney and China.

Personally, I always thought her posterior was far too large and almost unnatural in it's dimensions, given her more slender overall figure. I sometimes wondered if, when she went to the toilet to open her bowels, such a large extremity caused her any technical problems in directing the flow into the bowl.

However, with regard to the Shrek situation, if he goes to China would the Scum be receiving a transfer fee for our bewigged hero and, if so, would it be big enough to pay off all their outstanding debt in one fell swoop ??

On the other hand, would he just be allowed to terminate his contract ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Bring back Carol I say. Much more interesting, even if shes now an OAP.

And talking of granny shagging, what do they think of it in China?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby dave watson's perm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:Bring back Carol I say. Much more interesting, even if shes now an OAP.

And talking of granny shagging, what do they think of it in China?

All the oldest people in the world are usually from China so I'd say the cnt will be in his element
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Justified logic wrote:Talkshite are in their element this week. Fatboy Holmes and Rachel 'Nice Figure' Riley yesterday and Fatboy Holmes and Ray 'Over The Limit' Wilkins today talking all things United, Rooney and China.

Got in the car this morning, 3 seconds of Holmes and the drunk and I was off to Capital. Holmes just talks boring shite and Wilkins, without his licence, is about as patronising as it gets. And biased.

I'll be giving breakfast a miss until Big Al comes back off holidays. Makes a nice change for him to be off on holiday - usually he's off sick - but the entertainment levels dive when he isn't in.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Got in the car this morning, 3 seconds of Holmes and the drunk and I was off to Capital. Holmes just talks boring shite and Wilkins, without his licence, is about as patronising as it gets. And biased.

I'll be giving breakfast a miss until Big Al comes back off holidays. Makes a nice change for him to be off on holiday - usually he's off sick - but the entertainment levels dive when he isn't in.

Bloody detest fat Eamonn, I can never quite work out if him or Terry fukin Christian is the biggest twat of them all.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:

as big a tool as brazil can be, he's cracking value in the morning. max rushden is ok as a replacement but holmes is worse than shocking.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Personally, I always thought her posterior was far too large and almost unnatural in it's dimensions, given her more slender overall figure.

Nicest description of the word fat arse I have ever read.

Too quality MC
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Personally, I always thought her posterior was far too large and almost unnatural in it's dimensions, given her more slender overall figure.

Nicest description of the word fat arse I have ever read.

Too quality MC

He has a way with words does our MC.....putting Scum ,Munchen , cunt , wanker etc in my posts , no one bats an eyelid.....but when MC includes the word 'scum' into one of his posts...it just doesn't fit does it pmsl!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum