Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Ditched talkshite and BT and I feel good.

Another one bites the dust. Hit them where it hurts, it's the only way. Don't listen, don't pay, then they may think about their content.

when I cancelled BT I told the operator the coverage of football should come with WARNING, WE ARE MUFCTV HOME FOR THE BITTEREST OF RETIRED EX RAG PLAYERS. SO STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE.LET ME STOP YOU THERE MATE NO TO A REDUCTION ON MY FEE, YOUR PRODUCT IS CRAPIER THAN CRAP.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Another one bites the dust. Hit them where it hurts, it's the only way. Don't listen, don't pay, then they may think about their content.

when I cancelled BT I told the operator the coverage of football should come with WARNING, WE ARE MUFCTV HOME FOR THE BITTEREST OF RETIRED EX RAG PLAYERS. SO STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE.LET ME STOP YOU THERE MATE NO TO A REDUCTION ON MY FEE, YOUR PRODUCT IS CRAPIER THAN CRAP.

Brilliant. I wish I was as blunt with sky and BT.
I did tell them it was because of their coverage bit in a nicer way lol.

Been skyless for 12 months and feel great
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Excellent mate, done similar myself. I use somebody elses login back darn Sarf' and my lads now got one of those Firestucks with Monroe, or something like that. Does the business, it really does.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:27 am

Sky Sports have 3 'experts' on the sofa and are talking who will be top 4. They move to Stuart Pearce whose opinion is that we are basically flakey and the Rags will take our place. This continues with the next 'expert' and finishes off with the last.

So, all believe that we aren't going to challenge Chelsea and the majority believe we aren't going to make the top 4, in favour of the Rags taking our slot.

Interesting that they've all got the Sky 4 as the top 4. You'd think that one of them would consider City for a slot, especially as we've had the best form over a number of seasons.

Oh, and they're now onto Maureen whilst stood outside Carrington in the rain.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Sky Sports have 3 'experts' on the sofa and are talking who will be top 4. They move to Stuart Pearce whose opinion is that we are basically flakey and the Rags will take our place. This continues with the next 'expert' and finishes off with the last.

So, all believe that we aren't going to challenge Chelsea and the majority believe we aren't going to make the top 4, in favour of the Rags taking our slot.

Interesting that they've all got the Sky 4 as the top 4. You'd think that one of them would consider City for a slot, especially as we've had the best form over a number of seasons.

Just seen in it on SSN and almost threw up ,its relentless isn't it . I mean the rags have won back to back games for the first time in a couple of years maybe and SKY are pushing them to win everything even the fucking title ??? it is truly nauseating in the extreme and boy do SKY hate us !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:47 am

Before the beginning of last season, every journalist bar one said we wouldn't finish in the top four.

I know we barely did, but none of them were to know about the pep situation etc.

The point is, the bookies make us favourite or 2nd favourite for the title and the journos have us finishing 5th at best.

That tells you everything you need to know.

None of these lads would bet against the bookies, but they're paid to SAY they would.

Simples
Original Dub

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:52 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Sky Sports have 3 'experts' on the sofa and are talking who will be top 4. They move to Stuart Pearce whose opinion is that we are basically flakey and the Rags will take our place. This continues with the next 'expert' and finishes off with the last.

Just seen in it on SSN and almost threw up ,its relentless isn't it . I mean the rags have won back to back games for the first time in a couple of years maybe and SKY are pushing them to win everything even the fucking title ??? it is truly nauseating in the extreme and boy do SKY hate us !!!

But the top 4 is wide open.

The media do have a point. Yes you would expect at least one of them to tip us for top 4. But in truth we are flakey.
Our defense resembles a sieve, we are not taking our goal chances and we will have CL football to contend with.
Actually, we are so flakey that anything is possible: PL champions, top 4 finish or 5th/6th finish.
Who said typical City was dead!

Current odds on top 4 finish: Chelsea 1/25, MC and Liverpool 1/5, Ars 4/9, MU 11/8, Spurs 6/4.
MU odds look very generous to me. The odds on Liv and MC are way to small.

On paper for the next 8 matches: Ars and MU have 1 tough fixture, Chel and MC have 3 tough fixtures, Liv and Spurs have 4 tough fixtures

Therefore, Chel, Liv, MC and Spurs are going to be taking points of each other.
Ars and MU have a free run if they can take advantage.
MU are looking solid and scoring again. Ars are usually very good against technically inferior sides.

If Ars and MU go on a run we are the team most likely to drop out of the top 4.
Because we concede easy goals and do not convert our chances.
So the media do have a point - believe me I hate having to come to this conclusion but fair is fair.

If we get our act together then we can win the PL but as it stands that is far from certain.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Dimples wrote:
City64 wrote:

The media do have a point. Yes you would expect at least one of them to tip us for top 4. But in truth we are flakey.
Our defense resembles a sieve, we are not taking our goal chances and we will have CL football to contend with.
Actually, we are so flakey that anything is possible: PL champions, top 4 finish or 5th/6th finish.

Current odds on top 4 finish: Chelsea 1/25, MC and Liverpool 1/5, Ars 4/9, MU 11/8, Spurs 6/4.

On paper for the next 8 matches: Ars and MU have 1 tough fixture, Chel and MC have 3 tough fixtures, Liv and Spurs have 4 tough fixtures

MU are looking solid and scoring again. Ars are usually very good against technically inferior sides.

So the media do have a point - believe me I hate having to come to this conclusion but fair is fair.

If we get our act together then we can win the PL but as it stands that is far from certain.

The "favouritism" for the rags and dippers is undeniable from SKY though , this is there criteria and hymn sheet . The rags have been utterly shite for almost 3 seasons now and currently in 6th place on just 30 pts , there bookies odds for the title tell everyone they are just "also rans" at best but yet SKY keep declaring them as "title contenders" when in the clear light of day they aren't . Don't the dippers lose Mane to ACON soon ? he is there most influential player but no mention of this on SKY ??? IF and its a big IF we go to Anfield and win we are right back in it ....... again no mention of that fact on SKY today ? the dippers beating us is a foregone conclusion . For them to say we are favourites to drop out of the top 4 when theoretically we can go to Anfield beat the dippers and go above them is just factually incorrect ......... get my drift ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:04 pm

City64 wrote:
Dimples wrote:
City64 wrote:

The "favouritism" for the rags and dippers is undeniable from SKY though , this is there criteria and hymn sheet . The rags have been utterly shite for almost 3 seasons now and currently in 6th place on just 30 pts , there bookies odds for the title tell everyone they are just "also rans" at best but yet SKY keep declaring them as "title contenders" when in the clear light of day they aren't . Don't the dippers lose Mane to ACON soon ? he is there most influential player but no mention of this on SKY ??? IF and its a big IF we go to Anfield and win we are right back in it ....... again no mention of that fact on SKY today ? the dippers beating us is a foregone conclusion . For them to say we are favourites to drop out of the top 4 when theoretically we can go to Anfield beat the dippers and go above them is just factually incorrect ......... get my drift ?

Yes I do and I agree, the media bias against us is very real and relentless.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:35 pm

City64 wrote:
Dimples wrote:
City64 wrote:

So what your saying is ;
Don't believe anything you read in the football media thread.
Shit there's another thread gone. Can't believe anything in here anymore.

On the plus side you're saying we can win the league.
I agree. 2017 is going to be our year, with a renewed Pep in our step.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:35 pm

BBC Football Focus didn't let down anyone, public school broadcasting at its best. 30 mins on the rags/dippers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:BBC Football Focus didn't let down anyone, public school broadcasting at its best. 30 mins on the rags/dippers.

does anyone still watch that these days?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:BBC Football Focus didn't let down anyone, public school broadcasting at its best. 30 mins on the rags/dippers.

Outside the UK , the BBC allow adverts on their website. I hope the funds raised are transparently analysed.You can bet some sleazeballs at the Beeb are being paid handsomely.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Rags and dippers, mainly.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:36 pm

And is this the same Stuart Pearce that took us on a half season trip of boredom, and failed at every club he's managed.
Complete bellend
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Sterling stopped playing at 37 seconds apparantly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Original Dub

Postby BookJunior » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm sorry mate, but no level of complaint or behaviour by fans of any club will change anything. Football is all about money these days.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Noticed an awful lot of empty seats at Arsenal today. Surely Sky pointed it out as well....
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:33 pm

SSN hoping and praying for a Burnley win. Charlie Nicholas claiming we are truly shocking at the back. I know we have our problems but "truly shocking". Not having that.

That said all four pundits went for City on Soccer Six Predictions, two each for 3-0 and 4-0
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum