Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:46 am

johnny crossan wrote:Hen Noddle and Southgate seem to be set for a twitter squabble

Who said this?

"Gerard Pique is a good example of how the Premier League can stifle defensive talent. When he was at Manchester United he was deemed too weak for our football and as having the wrong kind of style for our game.

"But every top Premier League side would want him in their team now. He is one of the best defenders in the world.

"Yet I wonder, if he had stayed in England, would he ever have been allowed to blossom into that player?"
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:53 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Hen Noddle and Southgate seem to be set for a twitter squabble

Who said this?

"Gerard Pique is a good example of how the Premier League can stifle defensive talent. When he was at Manchester United he was deemed too weak for our football and as having the wrong kind of style for our game.

"But every top Premier League side would want him in their team now. He is one of the best defenders in the world.

"Yet I wonder, if he had stayed in England, would he ever have been allowed to blossom into that player?"

You?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:47 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Who said this?

You?

FergusScum ??......oh, hang on, he would have been the one stifling that 'talent'.

Looking at it objectively though, is Pique really one of the best defenders in the world and would he be wanted by every Premier League Club ??

I'm asking in all seriousness because I just don't know.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Who said this?

You?

FergusScum ??......oh, hang on, he would have been the one stifling that 'talent'.

Looking at it objectively though, is Pique really one of the best defenders in the world and would he be wanted by every Premier League Club ??

Pique is a great example of a player who fits a system and plays to his strengths, He has the medals to prove it, when it breaks down he and Mascherano are ripped apart, Ronaldo has scored so many goals V Barca, Bayern have ripeed them apart, when they do not have the ball or miss Iniesta the pressure comes. Stones is learning his trade 22 is no age for a centre half, The wankers like Hoddle out of the game for years for a reason, they are clueless. I remember him having a pop at Beckham and Scholes no probs with that, BTW but he had an agenda, When Ali, acts like a twat for Spurs he says nothing. Sums him up.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Who said this?

You?

In case you haven't already guessed it was Hoddle in March this year lamenting the very thing he is guilty of now.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Who said this?

You?

In case you haven't already guessed it was Hoddle in March this year lamenting the very thing he is guilty of now.

'Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.'
Walt Whitman: Song of Myself
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Who said this?

You?

Pique is a great example of a player who fits a system and plays to his strengths
, He has the medals to prove it, when it breaks down he and Mascherano are ripped apart, Ronaldo has scored so many goals V Barca, Bayern have ripeed them apart, when they do not have the ball or miss Iniesta the pressure comes. Stones is learning his trade 22 is no age for a centre half, The wankers like Hoddle out of the game for years for a reason, they are clueless. I remember him having a pop at Beckham and Scholes no probs with that, BTW but he had an agenda, When Ali, acts like a twat for Spurs he says nothing. Sums him up.

I think you're spot on with this and enunciates what I was feeling but couldn't nail down.

If you think of one or two top PL sides who could use a centre-back, although I'd hesitate to use the expression "top PL side" about the Scum, they could certainly use a central defender and I'm convinced he wouldn't succeed at the Swamp as he certainly doesn't suit Mourinho's rugged and often long-ball style.

With Chelsea, it might be a bit different - I mean, if David Luiz can succeed in Conte's triple centre-back system, then perhaps Pique could, but I'm still not totally convinced about that as Chelsea aren't really like a 'Pep side'.

He would normally fit into City like a hand in a glove but, since we're not quite a full blooded Pep side yet (we still need a few more key players to achieve that), he might well have a chequered time with us if he were to come here.

I can't seem to visualise him fitting in at many other PL sides :- Spurs and Liverpuddle ; Mmmm, Arsenal; perhaps but I'm still not sure, which doesn't leave many other options, if any.

On that basis, Hoddle's claim that every top PL side would want him is somewhat laughably spurious, which description fits Hoddle perfectly.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:49 pm

San Marinos response to Mullers comments about playing San Marino being pointless is one of the best things I have read in ages. Point 4 and 10 in his response made me lol.

http://dailym.ai/2gaKq5a
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:San Marinos response to Mullers comments about playing San Marino being pointless is one of the best things I have read in ages. Point 4 and 10 in his response made me lol.

Brilliant.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:San Marinos response to Mullers comments about playing San Marino being pointless is one of the best things I have read in ages. Point 4 and 10 in his response made me lol.

Brilliant.

Fully agree about points 4 and 10.

Very good letter
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:14 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Brilliant.

Fully agree about points 4 and 10.

Very good letter

An excellent rejoinder.

Points 2 and 3 aren't too bad either.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:47 pm

I think Pep must have upset Hoddle in a previous life.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

I think Pep must have upset Hoddle in a previous life.

If he'd even tried to give credit to Raheem tonight I reckon he'd actually end up vomiting.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:22 pm

you've got to laugh though
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:55 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

you've got to laugh though

Lol .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:18 am

I did notice that before Chelsea played, City were very much 'second on goals scored'. When the same has happened but we're top it's usually 'Liverpool, United (insert cartel club as appropriate) are joint top'. It shouldn't bother me but.....
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:59 pm

Three hours before kick off and you wouldn't even know City were playing if you were browsing the BBC football website. Truly shocking that they ignore City ,whilst informing all about some overage todger and Barcelona!
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:07 pm

zuricity wrote:Three hours before kick off and you wouldn't even know City were playing if you were browsing the BBC football website. Truly shocking that the ignore City ,whilst informing all about some overage todger and Barcelona!

You can rest assured they will remember we have played tonight if we lose.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:06 pm

BT back to normal. Dunne has been binned in favour of Gerard, the well known ex City player.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:09 pm

john@staustell wrote:BT back to normal. Dunne has been binned in favour of Gerard, the well known ex City player.

Just beat me to it. WTF is that nasal voiced, snivelling cunt of a man doing as a pundit on a City game? I'd sooner have Carragher over Gerrard and that's saying something
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum