Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:13 am

this makes sense

made me feel a bit at ease.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 am

Tru_Blu wrote:this makes sense

made me feel a bit at ease.

That actually sounds quite credible. Is the Express or this guy Tanner, normally reliable.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:20 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
City64 wrote:All positive this morning for a nice change ;-) we are letting our results and performances do all the talking ! Also good to see Moaniho exposed as the vile cunt he really is , it is looking like the media are out to get this cunt , the knives are sharpening ........ happy days ! ;-) :-)

Next manager of the rags?

At present the muppets who frequent the swamp seem happy with LVG, so no change is necessary

I'm not so sure, the ones I know seem extremely unimpressed and I noticed a few mails into f365 recently which have been very critical. They've papered over the cracks with those two wins, a short run of poor results and they will be on his case as they quite rightly feel that with the level of investment in the squad, they should be challenging.

You're perhaps forgetting the rag fans are usually a bit thick. Two wins on the spin, no matter how lucky, will have got them thinking they are back. The majority of them anyway.

Plus the Glazers, as long as they are taking their cut, will not mind spending the Adidas or Chevrolet money as it keeps the masses happy as they won't mind their club being used as a cash cow as long as there are a few signings each transfer window to get their hopes up again
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 pm

City's title-winner vs QPR just topped 2 lists, of all-time greatest Premier League matches. Hope these moments bring some smiles...

From a MEN poll:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-9923643?

From 4-4-2:
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bes ... e-deciders

Also, the voting is now open to select the North West Player Awards for 2014-2015. Here is a link to vote:
http://www.northwestfootballawards.com/voting/
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Please forgive the shameless bump of this post from the end of July.
I'm on Post 2K and was wondering what to write. In light of what I consider to be the most successful Transfer Dealings of any of the Premiership teams, even if Chelsea were to get Pogba. I couldn't help thinking of the shite we classily navigated our way through this summer and the start we have had to the season.
Here's a taste of what I was thinking back in July.
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
I think the outstanding issue is a large percentage of the media is working against us MCFC and it has been cranked up this summer .

That's pretty much it.
I can't help feel that this summer a totally different tactic is being employed because FFP no longer hinders us from acquiring our targets. We are being hindered by the negative press, or so it would seem.

I still think City's silence is the correct approach at the moment. We will not win a battle fought in the media glare. Whether we do or don't get who we want remains to be seen.
Let the battle be won behind the scene. Let the war be won out on the playing field.

The negative media attention will only change when it suits their agenda and their agenda is set by what suits them commercially. Banning one or two journalists won't stop them making up shite about us. They do that at the moment and we tell them nothing.

Look at the current Talkshite thread. They're openly admitting that they make things up. I think Pellegrini and the negotiations team have not only played a blinder, but have been totally vindicated in the way they released nothing to the press.

I think we have won the transfer battle this season and we are showing all the signs of winning the war out on the field.

We are already seeing a difference in the opinions of a lot of football pundits, even those you wouldn't expect praise from.
There is no doubt there is a change in the air and all we need to do, is keep winning.

Sounds simple. But if we keep this form up, I can see the media darlings being dropped a lot sooner than I would have anticipated.

We have an opportunity to do more damage to the cozy premiership cartel, than just winning the league. This could be a watershed year.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:33 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Please forgive the shameless bump of this post from the end of July.
I'm on Post 2K and was wondering what to write. In light of what I consider to be the most successful Transfer Dealings of any of the Premiership teams, even if Chelsea were to get Pogba. I couldn't help thinking of the shite we classily navigated our way through this summer and the start we have had to the season.
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
I think the outstanding issue is a large percentage of the media is working against us MCFC and it has been cranked up this summer .

That's pretty much it.
I can't help feel that this summer a totally different tactic is being employed because FFP no longer hinders us from acquiring our targets. We are being hindered by the negative press, or so it would seem.

I still think City's silence is the correct approach at the moment. We will not win a battle fought in the media glare. Whether we do or don't get who we want remains to be seen.
Let the battle be won behind the scene. Let the war be won out on the playing field.

The negative media attention will only change when it suits their agenda and their agenda is set by what suits them commercially. Banning one or two journalists won't stop them making up shite about us. They do that at the moment and we tell them nothing.

Look at the current Talkshite thread. They're openly admitting that they make things up. I think Pellegrini and the negotiations team have not only played a blinder, but have been totally vindicated in the way they released nothing to the press.

I think we have won the transfer battle this season and we are showing all the signs of winning the war out on the field.

We are already seeing a difference in the opinions of a lot of football pundits, even those you wouldn't expect praise from.
There is no doubt there is a change in the air and all we need to do, is keep winning.

Sounds simple. But if we keep this form up, I can see the media darlings being dropped a lot sooner than I would have anticipated.

We have an opportunity to do more damage to the cozy premiership cartel, than just winning the league. This could be a watershed year.

Its not so much that people can change their opinion, thats fair enough...but after four games?..one must ask the question why some of these cunts predicted we wouldnt finish top 4 in the first place...after all, recent league position and general flow of the league suggests that anyone going along with this opinion was making a rather leftfield choice. A cynic would suggest that if these wise sages decided to write the scum off instead, their 600 billion bed wetting fans might stop buying the merchandise, and clicking the fucking links.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:53 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Please forgive the shameless bump of this post from the end of July.
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

That's pretty much it.

Its not so much that people can change their opinion, thats fair enough...but after four games?..one must ask the question why some of these cunts predicted we wouldnt finish top 4 in the first place...after all, recent league position and general flow of the league suggests that anyone going along with this opinion was making a rather leftfield choice. A cynic would suggest that if these wise sages decided to write the scum off instead, their 600 billion bed wetting fans might stop buying the merchandise, and clicking the fucking links.

I'm not for one moment suggesting any wisdom on the part of these sages.
My point is that I would not have predicted that this would be happening so soon. As you point out, we are only 4 games in.
But I think we are playing a blinder on and off the pitch. But it is what we are doing on the pitch that will accelerate the opinion shift.
Play like we are playing and they look completely foolish, not to highlight the difference between what we are playing and the likes of The Scum, The Dippers and currently The Chavs.
By watershed, I mean not just success on the pitch, but what it may mean to their opinions of the rags/dippers and even Arsenal.
I think there are some out there waiting to lay into LVG and Mourinho will do the work for us by having a meltdown. Liverpool supporters and pundits will turn on their own and I sense that the media would also question Whinger as to why he won't strengthen by at least buying a world class striker.
All we need to do is say nothing and focus on our football. 4 games in but the class on and off the field is paying dividends.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

That's pretty much it.

I'm not for one moment suggesting any wisdom on the part of these sages.
My point is that I would not have predicted that this would be happening so soon. As you point out, we are only 4 games in.
But I think we are playing a blinder on and off the pitch. But it is what we are doing on the pitch that will accelerate the opinion shift.
Play like we are playing and they look completely foolish, not to highlight the difference between what we are playing and the likes of The Scum, The Dippers and currently The Chavs.
By watershed, I mean not just success on the pitch, but what it may mean to their opinions of the rags/dippers and even Arsenal.
I think there are some out there waiting to lay into LVG and Mourinho will do the work for us by having a meltdown. Liverpool supporters and pundits will turn on their own and I sense that the media would also question Whinger as to why he won't strengthen by at least buying a world class striker.
All we need to do is say nothing and focus on our football. 4 games in but the class on and off the field is paying dividends.

If only it was that simple. Its set up that City are the ones to get the big stick out for. When we win or do well its just the little stick, having a pop at Pellegrini being the latest one, how pathetic was that... I appreciate the optimism but until some of these establishments lose rights to show the games or go out of business, it wont change.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:If only it was that simple. Its set up that City are the ones to get the big stick out for. When we win or do well its just the little stick, having a pop at Pellegrini being the latest one, how pathetic was that... I appreciate the optimism but until some of these establishments lose rights to show the games or go out of business, it wont change.

Not disagreeing with you Bianchi. If you go back to how this started in July, you'll see a lot of my post revolved around, how I believed that our silent approach in the face of a pretty vile campaign to derail our transfer window, was the correct way to do things. In light of the fact that we had all but beaten FFP, they were plumbing the depths and the Liverpool pundits in particular, in a new all time low in what they have the cheek to call analysis or journalism.
I would not have expected to see a change until the present Liverpool/Utd/Arsenal pundits have been made irrelevant by a winning City team, that has been there for a decade and replaced by successful ex-City players.
I am heartened however by the fact that City are performing and doing what it will take and I think there is evidence that this is exactly what will happen in the next 5-8 years.
C'mon City. Stay classy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:If only it was that simple. Its set up that City are the ones to get the big stick out for. When we win or do well its just the little stick, having a pop at Pellegrini being the latest one, how pathetic was that... I appreciate the optimism but until some of these establishments lose rights to show the games or go out of business, it wont change.

Not disagreeing with you Bianchi. If you go back to how this started in July, you'll see a lot of my post revolved around, how I believed that our silent approach in the face of a pretty vile campaign to derail our transfer window, was the correct way to do things. In light of the fact that we had all but beaten FFP, they were plumbing the depths and the Liverpool pundits in particular, in a new all time low in what they have the cheek to call analysis or journalism.
I would not have expected to see a change until the present Liverpool/Utd/Arsenal pundits have been made irrelevant by a winning City team, that has been there for a decade and replaced by successful ex-City players.
I am heartened however by the fact that City are performing and doing what it will take and I think there is evidence that this is exactly what will happen in the next 5-8 years.
C'mon City. Stay classy.

The club can stay classy but also give the press absolutely nothing....which fortunately Pellegrini is quite good at doing. It annoys them. They annoy us, we annoy them. They print libellous articles, we sue. We lose a football match, they go on about how expensive the team is, we win a football match, they say we should win anyway because of how expensive the team is. At the minute there is no balance...thats all most on here would expect I think. If you see the tide turning fair enough, but just wait til we hit a sticky patch, which we will...then see how friendly it all is.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

C'mon City. Stay classy.

The club can stay classy but also give the press absolutely nothing....which fortunately Pellegrini is quite good at doing. It annoys them. They annoy us, we annoy them. They print libellous articles, we sue. We lose a football match, they go on about how expensive the team is, we win a football match, they say we should win anyway because of how expensive the team is. At the minute there is no balance...thats all most on here would expect I think. If you see the tide turning fair enough, but just wait til we hit a sticky patch, which we will...then see how friendly it all is.

It's not so much that I see the tide turning.
It's more that I see evidence that our way of dealing with it is correct.
Some people get frustrated that we don't take a more aggressive approach with the media.
Not everyone's opinion, I grant you, but I think the club have handled the off season well and have started the new season even better.
I agree they'll stick the knife in as soon as we draw or let a goal in, but I don't doubt we won't throw a hissy fit like Maureen and it'll die a death quicker than engaging with them.
In short I think our management are doing the right thing. If the team perform like they are performing, things may change quicker than I would have expected.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gillie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 am

If the sky advert for the rags versus dippers game is anything to go by I reckon they will need wiper blades on the tv cameras on Saturday evening as it will be a total wankfest.God sky love rimming these 2 mediocre teams.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:01 am

gillie wrote:If the sky advert for the rags versus dippers game is anything to go by I reckon they will need wiper blades on the tv cameras on Saturday evening as it will be a total wankfest.God sky love rimming these 2 mediocre teams.

the best thing about the ad is that they are having to use history to sell the game as the current line ups are shite
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:37 am

There were two things that struck me yesterday regarding the TV coverage. Firstly, I had just got in from work and put on the last dregs of the rags match against the bindippers and unfortunately caught the new wunderkind's goal. As has already been mentioned on the other games thread - could Tyler have been any more biased? If there was any slight doubt about his leanings I think that was eliminated yesterday.

Secondly, I could only watch the first half on Sky's Game of the Day of our match due to having to get up early for work and decided to watch the highlights on Setanta Sports' Premier League Central. Never watched it before in relation to us but what a pile of shit. The highlights were so poorly edited you would have thought that we had just scraped through. No mention of our legitimate penalty claims but plenty of focus on the one that they were insistent that Palace should have had.

And don't get me started on Kenny Cunningham!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby sheblue » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:39 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

C'mon City. Stay classy.

It's not so much that I see the tide turning.
It's more that I see evidence that our way of dealing with it is correct.
Some people get frustrated that we don't take a more aggressive approach with the media.
Not everyone's opinion, I grant you, but I think the club have handled the off season well and have started the new season even better.
I agree they'll stick the knife in as soon as we draw or let a goal in, but I don't doubt we won't throw a hissy fit like Maureen and it'll die a death quicker than engaging with them.
In short I think our management are doing the right thing. If the team perform like they are performing, things may change quicker than I would have expected.

I agree largely. But I don't think the media will change soon. They are so full of resentment it will take years.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 am

Apparently we "benefited" from the referee at the weekend.

And no mention of our stonewall penalty. It mustn't have happened. ..

Interesting.

http://offsiderulepodcast.com/2015/09/1 ... -cool-642/
Original Dub

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:47 am

Original Dub wrote:Apparently we "benefited" from the referee at the weekend.

Interesting.

Wankers!
Tackle on Aguero was late and high but not worthy of a red. WTF
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:55 am

gmercer1 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Apparently we "benefited" from the referee at the weekend.

Interesting.

Wankers!
Tackle on Aguero was late and high but not worthy of a red. WTF

It is yet another example of how our world class players DONT get protection in the Premier League and are treated with contempt by the media . It's an absolute fucking disgrace , that hack / assault on Sergio was a disgrace THE FUCKING END !!!
Good to see our players retaliate after that and get stuck in proper , Fern1 and Yaya gave some out , just shows again the hunger and passion is back bigtime within the squad .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:15 am

I love the fact that our guys can dish it out if teams start kicking us. Yaya F1 Vinne kola and mangala can all play rough. It's just a shame that more often than not the officials tend to punish our guys more frequently than the oppo.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:49 pm

If ever you wanted to see how much of a slant they put on things, just have a look at this. It's how much each team "cost" that started on the weekend.
There are millions just thrown onto the city prices - the odd million here and there and every add on possible. I'd love to see the exact amount we paid for Mangala for starters... anyway..
Not so much for a certain other team...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum