Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:Lovely little gem here

Can you spot anything odd with this little piece?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

'Former Reds defender Jamie Carragher and Noel Gallagher of Oasis know exactly what it means for their beloved clubs to be on the verge of success'

On the verge of success? Actually Noel knows what success is like exactly after the past few years.
Last edited by Mase on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:Lovely little gem here

Can you spot anything odd with this little piece?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

An easier run. Lol.

Carlisle at home FFS and they needed penalties. As they did v Stoke.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:08 pm

Congratulations Notts.

You win the prize today. Well spotted. Those silly media guys. Tut tut..
Original Dub

Postby The Maine Man » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 am

Mail also reporting that City's young stars are holding off on signing contracts because their careers may be halted by Pep's galacticos. Didn't they once report how Pep brought 22 players from the youth ranks at Barcelona? I hope their offices are infected with Ebola, it'd suit them.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 am

The Maine Man wrote:Mail also reporting that City's young stars are holding off on signing contracts because their careers may be halted by Pep's galacticos. Didn't they once report how Pep brought 22 players from the youth ranks at Barcelona? I hope their offices are infected with Ebola, it'd suit them.

Yeah the Fail is back to typical City - disrupting stories. To put it another way:

City are terrified that players who won't make the first team may leave if club brings in world class players and wins stuff.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:41 am

I think the mirror reported the other day that the city players are "concerned for pellegrini's health".

With no quotes of course.

It was a direct stab at the decision to bring pep in. Basically, the club is killing pellegrini.

Dirty, shameful bastards that lot.
Alongside the star, they are the biggest mouthpieces of this thing.
Original Dub

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 am

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Mirror - both from an anti-City viewpoint and from the politics it espouses.

What intrigues me is how these vultures will take to Guardiola - will they kiss his ass or now that he has come to City will they try to undermine him given that it is likely that their darling will be most likely in situ at the swamp?
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 am

john@staustell wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:Mail also reporting that City's young stars are holding off on signing contracts because their careers may be halted by Pep's galacticos. Didn't they once report how Pep brought 22 players from the youth ranks at Barcelona? I hope their offices are infected with Ebola, it'd suit them.

Yeah the Fail is back to typical City - disrupting stories. To put it another way:

City are terrified that players who won't make the first team may leave if club brings in world class players and wins stuff.

Sadly there is truth in the non signing issue as a number of high quality under 16's have not yet signed again for City.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Sadly there is truth in the non signing issue as a number of high quality under 16's have not yet signed again for City.

But surely this is not related to Pep coming? He appears to do three year stints at clubs by which time these guys will be in the under 19s or possibly under 21s if they are good enough. Therefore even if we assume he stays with us for five years say, they will be of an age to be in contention for the first team. Plus, it's hardly as if a Pep doesn't give youth a chance. He famously did at Barca and has done at Bayern. Nothing to suggest he won't do otherwise here. If reports are to be believed, the Academy was a big motivating factor in him coming so these reports, though there may be an element of truth in contracts aren't being signed yet, are just lazy journalism trying to undermine Pep and therefore City.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:24 am

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

But surely this is not related to Pep coming? He appears to do three year stints at clubs by which time these guys will be in the under 19s or possibly under 21s if they are good enough. Therefore even if we assume he stays with us for five years say, they will be of an age to be in contention for the first team. Plus, it's hardly as if a Pep doesn't give youth a chance. He famously did at Barca and has done at Bayern. Nothing to suggest he won't do otherwise here. If reports are to be believed, the Academy was a big motivating factor in him coming so these reports, though there may be an element of truth in contracts aren't being signed yet, are just lazy journalism trying to undermine Pep and therefore City.

Why would our young players want to stay and work under the best manager in the world who more than any other top-level manager brings through young players and back them to the hilt, improving them as players into the bargain. I know I wouldn't hang around for any of that.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:36 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Why would our young players want to stay and work under the best manager in the world who more than any other top-level manager brings through young players and back them to the hilt, improving them as players into the bargain. I know I wouldn't hang around for any of that.

Spot on Peter - they'll be flocking in their droves to the scum now that Butt is in charge...........................
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 pm

I don't want to post a link to it but again there is an article on the BBC to the effect of the "ones that got away" outlining... yes you guessed it uniteds ex-players.

Didn't the BBC come under fire about having too many Manchester United based articles or programs recently?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:51 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I don't want to post a link to it but again there is an article on the BBC to the effect of the "ones that got away" outlining... yes you guessed it uniteds ex-players.

Didn't the BBC come under fire about having too many Manchester United based articles or programs recently?

They also had some tenuously linked article just to put Beckham on the site again . PSG and his MSL team . Ffs there is no way that will fly can you imagine that tosser in a boardroom meeting ? ffs he can't speak properly !

Is it some sort of transgender thing with Beckham ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby cartesr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:28 am

That the ones that got away thing is laughable they have Pique he started his career in Barca youth!" They effectively allegedly bought Pogba! There is a massive PR exercise going on at the moment by the scum which the beeb are aiding and abetting trying to counter act the negative fan and LVG stuff. Just look at Beeb twitter
they are taking over the world
The greatest ever FA replays
South Stand being renamed after the cup final ticket seller
Butt and the academy and don't even start on all the scum are bidding for anybody!

Its classic PR Propaganda and the Beeb should not be aiding it. Oh and what sh*te do we get on 5live site Chelsea fan doesn't want his club to end up like City full of mercenaries and they give that sh*te webspace!
cartesr
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:22 am

cartesr wrote:That the ones that got away thing is laughable they have Pique he started his career in Barca youth!" They effectively allegedly bought Pogba! There is a massive PR exercise going on at the moment by the scum which the beeb are aiding and abetting trying to counter act the negative fan and LVG stuff. Just look at Beeb twitter
Butt and the academy and don't even start on all the scum are bidding for anybody!

Its classic PR Propaganda and the Beeb should not be aiding it. Oh and what sh*te do we get on 5live site Chelsea fan doesn't want his club to end up like City full of mercenaries and they give that sh*te webspace!

The same channel forgets to mention the 300 seats broken by OOOONitid at Derby !!!! a game they covered.... Not the right type of news for the Salford based BBC, as with the MUEN it's a rag thing !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
cartesr wrote:That the ones that got away thing is laughable they have Pique he started his career in Barca youth!" They effectively allegedly bought Pogba! There is a massive PR exercise going on at the moment by the scum which the beeb are aiding and abetting trying to counter act the negative fan and LVG stuff. Just look at Beeb twitter

The same channel forgets to mention the 300 seats broken by OOOONitid at Derby !!!! a game they covered.... Not the right type of news for the Salford based BBC, as with the MUEN it's a rag thing !

I think their move to Salford is quite relevant - there must have been a percentage of staff hired locally.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I think their move to Salford is quite relevant - there must have been a percentage of staff hired locally.

There was, I know someone that worked in City's media dept. and he told me that the BBC is crawling with rags, it's obvious really when you look at their content.

I have to ask though, why are City fans clicking on the rag propaganda. I saw their video for rag youth products on the BBC app and I didn't click it because if I did I'm part of the problem, as long as they keep getting clicks for this type of propaganda they'll keep churning it out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby cartesr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Fair point, sadistically I clicked on it cos I saw Pique and having just read the Barca book, im thinking hang on he didn't come from their youth team. so I just had to check it out and then moan about it. But you are right about the number of clicks, however given the structure of the beeb website you cant avoid seeing the headlines
cartesr
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:57 pm

The rags in the media departments all buried the Giggs story for how many years..... The staff at the Lowry Hotel knew the truth, how far from the swamp and the BBC? Same with Rooney.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:59 pm

cartesr wrote:Fair point, sadistically I clicked on it cos I saw Pique and having just read the Barca book, im thinking hang on he didn't come from their youth team. so I just had to check it out and then moan about it. But you are right about the number of clicks, however given the structure of the beeb website you cant avoid seeing the headlines

That's true and I have in the past clicked on some of their rag propaganda but try to stay away from it as much as possible.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum