Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I wonder what Souness will have made of Liverpool 's 2-0 away defeat today.
They were poor. I mean not quite 1-4 away win poor, but pretty poor all the same.

To be fare, I think he'll nail them. Souness always seems reasonable with his comments and will always have a pop when he thinks it's needed.

Looking at both Souness and Quinn's faces, you could see they were answering the questions set, and in the manner they were questioned.

Fair enough Beefy. Didn't see it first hand.
Only what Im reading on here. Souness has always been very fair in his analysis whenever he's been on any of the Irish channels where he has more freedom to go off script IMO.
Still have to give him stick, after today's contrasting results.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I wonder what Souness will have made of Liverpool 's 2-0 away defeat today.
They were poor. I mean not quite 1-4 away win poor, but pretty poor all the same.

To be fare, I think he'll nail them. Souness always seems reasonable with his comments and will always have a pop when he thinks it's needed.

Looking at both Souness and Quinn's faces, you could see they were answering the questions set, and in the manner they were questioned.

Only what Im reading on here. Souness has always been very fair in his analysis whenever he's been on any of the Irish channels where he has more freedom to go off script IMO.

I think he'll get enough stick off his Mrs mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I think he'll get enough stick off his Mrs mate.

Ha ha. True.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:55 pm

BBC website leading with:
'Burnley, with 19% possession, upset Liverpool'

Horrible bitter pricks!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Mase wrote:BBC website leading with:

Horrible bitter pricks!

Fuck me, 81% possession equates to camping in the oppo's penalty area, and they couldn't score?!?

Still their year?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Horrible bitter pricks!

Fuck me, 81% possession equates to camping in the oppo's penalty area, and they couldn't score?!?

Still their year?

They camped outside it and played in front of Burnley, they had a few from range but created feck all really.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Horrible bitter pricks!

Still their year?

They camped outside it and played in front of Burnley, they had a few from range but created feck all really.

Even a flat-track bully has an off day.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Horrible bitter pricks!

Clinical Burnley beat woeful dippers.

Missed my vocation
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:32 pm

They've even gone as far as trying to take people's attention off the defeat by going back to 2012 on Andre Gray's Twitter and found some homophobic 'tweets' and are reporting on that.

Couldn't make this up!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:19 am

Anybody have the misfortune to watch MotD? What a perfect line-up that was. The in-game commentary was decent for both teams and quite a lot of praise for Raheem but then, up pops RatBoy 2. Instead of how we played, the difficult conditions or even how the new regulations affected the game, we got a full analysis of how bad Raheem played and how he could've done better. This, from a second rate player who was only shoehorned in because of the brother.

To finish the piece off he believed that Raheem should've took the keeper on instead of playing the dead cert to Nolito before Murphy comes on to say Stoke were a little 'unlucky'.

I've noticed many of the major media outlets are starting to come around since the appointment of Pep but one outlet still decided to deride whatever we do, all in an effort to appease all that is Red.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:19 am

They lose all perspective. They spend all the pre match telling us how hard it is to win at windy Stoke, we've hardly ever won there and list all the big clubs who lost there. Sounesa actually said we couldn't break down defences because we didn't have a Messi.

Then we win 4-1 and they say it was poor because a few passes went astray second half .

It's ludicrous
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:40 am

john@staustell wrote:They lose all perspective. They spend all the pre match telling us how hard it is to win at windy Stoke, we've hardly ever won there and list all the big clubs who lost there. Sounesa actually said we couldn't break down defences because we didn't have a Messi.

Then we win 4-1 and they say it was poor because a few passes went astray second half .

It's ludicrous

Nailed it! Nobody in the studio to rub Souness' nose in his own sneers since they banned Franny & Buzzer though.
Just listening abstractedly to this week's Suppository, their silence about table topping City is deafening so far.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:08 am

Scousers lose bury it with take over story !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody have the misfortune to watch MotD? What a perfect line-up that was. The in-game commentary was decent for both teams and quite a lot of praise for Raheem but then, up pops RatBoy 2. Instead of how we played, the difficult conditions or even how the new regulations affected the game, we got a full analysis of how bad Raheem played and how he could've done better. This, from a second rate player who was only shoehorned in because of the brother.

To finish the piece off he believed that Raheem should've took the keeper on instead of playing the dead cert to Nolito before Murphy comes on to say Stoke were a little 'unlucky'.

I've noticed many of the major media outlets are starting to come around since the appointment of Pep but one outlet still decided to deride whatever we do, all in an effort to appease all that is Red.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:23 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody have the misfortune to watch MotD? What a perfect line-up that was. The in-game commentary was decent for both teams and quite a lot of praise for Raheem but then, up pops RatBoy 2. Instead of how we played, the difficult conditions or even how the new regulations affected the game, we got a full analysis of how bad Raheem played and how he could've done better. This, from a second rate player who was only shoehorned in because of the brother.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Was it MOTD where someone was spouting on about how great it was that the most expensive player in the world is playing in the PL? I certainly saw it somewhere on the box, and immediately pictured what the story would be if we'd signed him.
Why the fuck are those twats treated like some sort of conquering heroes when they pay fortunes, and we're treated like pariahs?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:18 am

patrickblue wrote:

Was it MOTD where someone was spouting on about how great it was that the most expensive player in the world is playing in the PL? I certainly saw it somewhere on the box, and immediately pictured what the story would be if we'd signed him.
Why the fuck are those twats treated like some sort of conquering heroes when they pay fortunes, and we're treated like pariahs?

Apparently they have every right to spend the money they've earned, unlike any other team. Inflating the market, buying the league or just being obscene does not apply to them, only the challengers.

This is what many in the media have been waiting for, the chance for the Rags to get back to their rightful place. Nothing will stand in their way, especially the PL or referees.

The question is, are they relevant?

It's going to be a long season.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:They lose all perspective. They spend all the pre match telling us how hard it is to win at windy Stoke, we've hardly ever won there and list all the big clubs who lost there. Sounesa actually said we couldn't break down defences because we didn't have a Messi.

It's ludicrous

Nailed it! Nobody in the studio to rub Souness' nose in his own sneers since they banned Franny & Buzzer though.
Just listening abstractedly to this week's Suppository, their silence about table topping City is deafening so far.

I know NT has a laugh about complaining but it seems to have worked with BT - not me mainly the BM campaign!! The whole line-up and attitude has changed (so far).

SKY should be next - trouble is they will say they give us Niall Quinn what else do we want?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:55 am

john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's ludicrous

I know NT has a laugh about complaining but it seems to have worked with BT - not me mainly the BM campaign!! The whole line-up and attitude has changed (so far).

SKY should be next - trouble is they will say they give us Niall Quinn what else do we want?

Not sure how much impact complaining has, I'd say more likely the subscription cancellations have made them act.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's ludicrous

Not sure how much impact complaining has, I'd say more likely the subscription cancellations have made them act.

Yeah it was all tied on on BM though wasn't it? They may not be to our taste but there is a hell of a lot of them. There's responses from a BT exec on there and everything.

Just waiting for an online video of Danny Mills' execution.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum