Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Mike J wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Season so far
Anthony Martial
£58m
Appearances 25
Goals 7
Assists 3

KDB
£54.5m
Appearances 24
Goals 12
Assist 8

Playing devil's advocate ... That's quite a good record for a 19 year old.
I agree that the price tag is ludicrous for an unproven player, but he is very promising. I just hope they will put too much pressure on him and that he fades out à la Januzai.

I think the point is that if City had paid that amount for him you can guarentee the media would be saying he is doing no where near enough.

And it isn't a great return from a 58m striker

You always pay for potential, though. That's the gamble of buying young players instead of world class players in their prime. That said, I still think it is a ridiculous amount for him (like I've already said above).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Martial's 50 odd million quid fee hasn't been mentioned ONCE since the transfer deadline day.

Sterling and De Bruyne's "fee" gets mentioned several times a week. And still there is one fucking stocking of shit on this board that can't see an agenda when it has been smacking him in the face several times a week for years now.

I do despair sometimes.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:Martial's 50 odd million quid fee hasn't been mentioned ONCE since the transfer deadline day.

Sterling and De Bruyne's "fee" gets mentioned several times a week. And still there is one fucking stocking of shit on this board that can't see an agenda when it has been smacking him in the face several times a week for years now.

I do despair sometimes.

Lookmum.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Liverpool and United chosen for televised fa Cup
Games. Shocker
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Liverpool and United chosen for televised fa Cup
Games. Shocker

Friday night serves em right
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:06 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Liverpool and United chosen for televised fa Cup
Games. Shocker

Friday night serves em right

No thanks ! Friday night is reserved for BBC 4.

Any way i'm off to see the Boss in Newark. I might pop in to the Mad Hatters too.
Last edited by zuricity on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://youtu.be/Pw4O0KTIvBg

What the actual fuck!?!?!?! That's more biased than political commentary on American Fox.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:

What the actual fuck!?!?!?! That's more biased than political commentary on American Fox.

Indeed, are they taking the piss do you think or are they being genuine? Nicholas definitely smirks just before the camera pans away from him, can't tell if that's because he's so chuffed that we didn't get the pen and Arsenal were leading Liverpool at the time ( get in Joe Allen you little hairy fucker ) or whether he's extracting the urine.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Very little contact.
Scatman

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Do you guys think that the ref is basing his decision on the fact that there's no chance Sterling can collect the ball even he manages to avoid the challenge? I'm not having a go, I'm just trying to see if there's anything that could explain the call except poor refereeing. It doesn't make sense if there would be such a rule, in that case you could just tackle players ffa as long as there's no ball near, but could that be it?

Tell you what, having written it down I can see here that we have a classic case of me clutching as straws. Horrendous call. Fuck off Sky Sports btw.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Do you guys think that the ref is basing his decision on the fact that there's no chance Sterling can collect the ball even he manages to avoid the challenge? I'm not having a go, I'm just trying to see if there's anything that could explain the call except poor refereeing. It doesn't make sense if there would be such a rule, in that case you could just tackle players ffa as long as there's no ball near, but could that be it?

Tell you what, having written it down I can see here that we have a classic case of me clutching as straws. Horrendous call. Fuck off Sky Sports btw.

No mate, that is never taken into account, unless it becomes a clear goal scoring opportunity, but in that case it's a red and a peno.
It's a peno either way.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Do you guys think that the ref is basing his decision on the fact that there's no chance Sterling can collect the ball even he manages to avoid the challenge? I'm not having a go, I'm just trying to see if there's anything that could explain the call except poor refereeing. It doesn't make sense if there would be such a rule, in that case you could just tackle players ffa as long as there's no ball near, but could that be it?

No mate, that is never taken into account, unless it becomes a clear goal scoring opportunity, but in that case it's a red and a peno.
It's a peno either way.

Doesn't matter if the ball was in our fucking penalty area. That is still a fucking foul.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:08 am

Posted this in the match day thread, but it is a better fit for this thread:

london blue 2 wrote:It's the takeover. It must be. We were everyone's favourite second team until then. Now it's pure jealously and hatred all day long.

Don't expect anyone to understand or give a fuck, cos brown cost £150 million and city should be able to cope with anything thrown at them so it's ok.

We are well and truly on our own, it's time the club recognised that and stop letting everyone walk all over us.

I'm a bit surprised that the jealously has lasted as long as it has. I would have thought that it would have subsided by now, but outsiders had probably hoped that our owners were short term / didn't know what they were doing / insert optional cliche. It's now dawning on them that we WILL NOT fail; the future is ours.

I also think that racism (perhaps subconsciously) is a reason for the hatred and for the hard time we're getting in the press. If our benefactor was a Christian American, German or Russian, or even a Chinese of whatever denomination, instead of a Muslim from the Arabian Peninsula, I do not think we would get the flake we're getting. How often do we get to hear "Arab owners", "(dirty) oil money", etc.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:32 am

Martin Tyler on sky sports said something along the lines of - The fact that United and Liverpool are in sixth and ninth place respectively doesn't draw away from excitement and anticipation of this game.

Sure Martin if you say so.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:22 am

mr_nool wrote:Posted this in the match day thread, but it is a better fit for this thread:

london blue 2 wrote:It's the takeover. It must be. We were everyone's favourite second team until then. Now it's pure jealously and hatred all day long.

Don't expect anyone to understand or give a fuck, cos brown cost £150 million and city should be able to cope with anything thrown at them so it's ok.

We are well and truly on our own, it's time the club recognised that and stop letting everyone walk all over us.

I'm a bit surprised that the jealously has lasted as long as it has. I would have thought that it would have subsided by now, but outsiders had probably hoped that our owners were short term / didn't know what they were doing / insert optional cliche. It's now dawning on them that we WILL NOT fail; the future is ours.

I also think that racism (perhaps subconsciously) is a reason for the hatred and for the hard time we're getting in the press. If our benefactor was a Christian American, German or Russian, or even a Chinese of whatever denomination, instead of a Muslim from the Arabian Peninsula, I do not think we would get the flake we're getting. How often do we get to hear "Arab owners", "(dirty) oil money", etc.

Agree with that Noolie, however I think we have to be very careful on how we make a stand. You just need to look at how José tried to make a stand as decisions were blatant against them. He pointed out some facts and called out the refs but he was made a laughing stock of by media and pundits who saw it as sour grapes.

I am as frustrated as anyone at what I perceive to be an agenda towards city. However, going public with a stance is not always the right way. Having said that, it can be equally frustrating watch our club take a battering and seemingly doing nothing about it.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Posted this in the match day thread, but it is a better fit for this thread:

Agree with that Noolie, however I think we have to be very careful on how we make a stand. You just need to look at how José tried to make a stand as decisions were blatant against them. He pointed out some facts and called out the refs but he was made a laughing stock of by media and pundits who saw it as sour grapes.

I am as frustrated as anyone at what I perceive to be an agenda towards city. However, going public with a stance is not always the right way. Having said that, it can be equally frustrating watch our club take a battering and seemingly doing nothing about it.

Trouble is mate Jose rants against penalties given to the oppo which are 100% nailed on penaties, much more so that the non-given ones he complains about.

Sort of ruins his own case.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:50 am

When watching the game the other day i realised i cannot remember the last time on one of our televised games, that our money/ spending wasnt mentioned. Every single time without fail. You would think by now they would have accepted the fact that to get to where we wanted to be (and to survive!) we had to spend money. Is it really so fucking hard to grasp!

It really does not happen on utd/ arsenal/ pool games.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:57 am

Did you hear the fat boy Neil Custis ripping into LVG on Talksport? LOL what a laugh, RAG on RAG fire. One thing he kept going on about was LVG having spent 250M and how he makes every player worse.

Great comedy.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Martin Tyler on sky sports said something along the lines of - The fact that United and Liverpool are in sixth and ninth place respectively doesn't draw away from excitement and anticipation of this game.

Sure Martin if you say so.

Pmsl !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum