Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 pm

Dameerto wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
littlebig wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Can we paste the text rather than feed thier agenda by posting links. Hate going on those pages to read this shit. Curiosity often gets the better.

Anyway, another dig, in the images "city spent 50 mil on Walker" whilst scum simply "signed lukaku from everton"

Twats

Second this. I never click links for Sky / Mail etc. but would like to see what's being said.

I remember a few years back one/some of the media outlets emailed/wrote to whoever was running this site at the time, stating that by cutting and pasting their articles/stories/bullshit, we were infringing their copyright or some such and if it continued, they might sue the site.
That's when the links as opposed to cut and paste started.
I'm sure WW, will be able to cast some more light on it.

So can we not paste the story and provide the link like most of the useless cunts on Twitter? Then we can know the content without adding to thier agenda.

As long as you give credit (by providing a link to the orginal article) you are fine to copy/paste. They can get annoyed with stolen content if you don't don't, though.
The only exception is paid content - I wouldn't recommend pasting from anything behind a paywall.

Tell that to Google , who are quite happy to use your data without representation and make money from your data , without your approval.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 am

Erm can MCFC please come out say SKY "sources" are full of shit and MCFC have no interest in fucking total useless cunt Jonny Evans ............

Thanks .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Not that we all don't notice this, but it would be interesting to keep a tracker of every time a club owner, manager or media pundit/journalist when speaking about crazy money spent always, and I mean ALWAYS ONLY refers to us by club name, as if we are the only ones spending.

Mike Ashley
Daniel Levy
etc. etc.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby The Maine Man » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Tonight I was listening to 5 Live in the car. Exactly that happened where our transfer figures were quoted but no one else's were.
Interesting that one of the pundits commented that the Rags under jozay look like Chelsea under him. They all stopped and basically said to take that back, it's not in the script. He then back pedalled about strength and pace on the counter attack, checking himself before he mentioned parking the bus and long ball to Bogbrush. Scripted. Agenda. Fuck them.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Justified logic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Just got BT Sport access and am watching Gerrard and Keown talking about the offside that they thought should be onside because, for example, most of his body was onside or, alternatively, his shoulder was onside. What a pair of fuckwits!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Justified logic wrote:Just got BT Sport access and am watching Gerrard and Keown talking about th eoffside that they thought should be onside because, for example, most of his body was onside or, alternatively, his shoulder was onside. What a pair of fuckwits!

Was just about to get on and rant about the same thing. Can't believe what I'm listening to. Unbelievable. They're making up their own rules although the presenter and Graham Poll are both telling them they're wrong.

Mind you when you listen to some of the explanations given by Poll you feel like giving up.

The last non penalty they showed he says if the attacker had of made more of that it could have been a penalty.

The game is fucked. Honestly.
This is what comes from turning a sport into a product.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 pm

And cue the Wenger whinge. Wenger says he wasn't offside. The interviewer says it was marginal but off. Wenger says it wasn't. Subject dropped.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:And cue the Wenger whinge. Wenger says he wasn't offside. The interviewer says it was marginal but off. Wenger says it wasn't. Subject dropped.

How can whinger tell if he didn't see it?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Justified logic wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:And cue the Wenger whinge. Wenger says he wasn't offside. The interviewer says it was marginal but off. Wenger says it wasn't. Subject dropped.

'If I don't see him offside then he must be on!'
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Si je ne le vois pas, il n'est pas hors-jeu :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Oui. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Oui. Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

C'est certainement mon ami. 8-) 8-)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Duckman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 pm

I fucking heard them lowering the crowd noise levels through out the match. 8-)
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Duckman wrote:I fucking heard them lowering the crowd noise levels through out the match. 8-)

Sounded fine on NBCSN.

Do you reckon it's s Sky thing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Duckman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Duckman wrote:I fucking heard them lowering the crowd noise levels through out the match. 8-)

Sounded fine on NBCSN.

Do you reckon it's s Sky thing.

Not sure, watched it on a local channel.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:04 am

A very very excited rag at our friends in the mirror.
Take a bow Richard Innes.
He even managed to throw the word "gloriously " in a few times. Calling us "chumps" as well... nice touch:

Wayne Rooney took FOUR different opportunities to troll Manchester City after Everton goal at the Etihad

Manchester United's record goalscorer was not shy about rubbing City noses in it after his goal at the Etihad

COMMENTS

BY RICHARD INNES

09:31, 22 AUG 2017UPDATED09:41, 22 AUG 2017

Rooney just LOVES getting one over Man City(Image: Rex Features)

When you're Manchester United's record goalscorer, you're never going to be terribly popular among Manchester City fans.

Hence, Wayne Rooney was always going to get some grief when he made his first appearance at the Etihad following his return to Everton.

Sure enough, the former United captain got quite a reception for the Monday night game. Every touch was booed. Home fans around the ground yelled, jeered and shouted abuse.

So what did Rooney do in response? He scored the goal that eventually gave Everton a well-deserved 1-1 draw at the home of the title favourites.

"What can I say, bro? Scoring against City is just what I do" (photo with pep)

Given his existing relationship with the blue half of Manchester, Rooney wasn't going to miss an opportunity to rub City noses in the fact he had once again scored against them.

In fact, in one night, he found four different ways to troll his long-standing rivals…

IN GAME

After 35 minutes of abuse, Rooney celebrated his opening goal in the only way imaginable: with hands cupped to ears, in gloriously provocative, 'I can't hear you now, chumps' pose.

ON TV

Speaking about his goal after the game onSky Sports, Gary Neville asked Rooney to explain what it's like scoring against Man City.

"What, again!?" asked Rooney.

Cheeky. Gloriously cheeky.

ON TWITTER

Rooney wasn't just talking in general terms when he gloated about seeing 'familiar faces' at the Etihad.

Remarkably, the exact same fans giving him grief during the Everton game were also seen in the same spots sticking two fingers up to the striker when he scored against them for United back in December 2012.

(Image: AFP)

(Image: Getty Images Europe)Wayne Rooney is still winding up these Manchester City fans five years later

IN STATS

Rooney's 50th Premier League goal: 9 December 2006, vs Manchester City.

Rooney's 150th Premier League goal: 9 December 2012, vs Manchester City.

Rooney's 200th Premier League goal: 21 August 2017, vs Manchester City.

When it comes to landmark goals in his career, Rooney clearly likes to save them up for the team which despise him most…
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:33 am

Original Dub wrote:A very very excited rag at our friends in the mirror.
Take a bow Richard Innes.
He even managed to throw the word "gloriously " in a few times. Calling us "chumps" as well... nice touch:

Wayne Rooney took FOUR different opportunities to troll Manchester City after Everton goal at the Etihad

Manchester United's record goalscorer was not shy about rubbing City noses in it after his goal at the Etihad

COMMENTS

BY RICHARD INNES

09:31, 22 AUG 2017UPDATED09:41, 22 AUG 2017

Rooney just LOVES getting one over Man City(Image: Rex Features)

When you're Manchester United's record goalscorer, you're never going to be terribly popular among Manchester City fans.

Hence, Wayne Rooney was always going to get some grief when he made his first appearance at the Etihad following his return to Everton.

Sure enough, the former United captain got quite a reception for the Monday night game. Every touch was booed. Home fans around the ground yelled, jeered and shouted abuse.

So what did Rooney do in response? He scored the goal that eventually gave Everton a well-deserved 1-1 draw at the home of the title favourites.

"What can I say, bro? Scoring against City is just what I do" (photo with pep)

Given his existing relationship with the blue half of Manchester, Rooney wasn't going to miss an opportunity to rub City noses in the fact he had once again scored against them.

In fact, in one night, he found four different ways to troll his long-standing rivals…

IN GAME

After 35 minutes of abuse, Rooney celebrated his opening goal in the only way imaginable: with hands cupped to ears, in gloriously provocative, 'I can't hear you now, chumps' pose.

ON TV

Speaking about his goal after the game onSky Sports, Gary Neville asked Rooney to explain what it's like scoring against Man City.

"What, again!?" asked Rooney.

Cheeky. Gloriously cheeky.

ON TWITTER

Rooney wasn't just talking in general terms when he gloated about seeing 'familiar faces' at the Etihad.

Remarkably, the exact same fans giving him grief during the Everton game were also seen in the same spots sticking two fingers up to the striker when he scored against them for United back in December 2012.

(Image: AFP)

(Image: Getty Images Europe)Wayne Rooney is still winding up these Manchester City fans five years later

IN STATS

Rooney's 50th Premier League goal: 9 December 2006, vs Manchester City.

Rooney's 150th Premier League goal: 9 December 2012, vs Manchester City.

Rooney's 200th Premier League goal: 21 August 2017, vs Manchester City.

When it comes to landmark goals in his career, Rooney clearly likes to save them up for the team which despise him most…

In what universe did EVERTON deserve a draw ???

Its so fuckign laiughable these Agenda driven journos...so laughable.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm

I know mate, but even by their standards, that piece is exceptional.

You can almost hear the rag journo's excitement. I think this season they will excel themselves. And to think some of us (me included) thought that Pep coming would somehow ease the bile.

Quite the opposite it would seem.
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:I know mate, but even by their standards, that piece is exceptional.
You can almost hear the rag journo's excitement. I think this season they will excel themselves. And to think some of us (me included) thought that Pep coming would somehow ease the bile

.Image

He's an 'orrible Gooner from Walthamstow - twisted into impersonating a rag by our pursuit of Sanchez no doubt
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm

A bit random this one but I have had my twitter account suspended for replying to Rooney,s twitter account last night where that picture of him gesticulating at city fans after scoring last night . I only called him a fat cunt ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum