Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:On "The Debate" from Sky and Jamie Carragher repeats three different bits of information about us that are not accurate. Both came as he and Jamie Redkappp were discussing young players not getting chances within Chelsea, which turned into a rant by both about this in general after the host quoted Conte saying you have to buy expensive players.

1) This then led to commenting on us as having the same problem, "because of the manager"

2) He claims that Pep said "a few weeks ago" that young players are not good enough and "have to have more patience." He then says, "No! You don't have patience as a young player!"

3) He then says "I think there are a couple of players at Man City that are refusing to sign contracts because they're not with the first team and that is a major problem for him."

So with 1, he's wrong because Pellegrini did the same thing, and was clearly even less interested in young players because he was under even more pressure to win games now than Pep, which is a fundamental issue that they touch on, but somehow spend zero time really portraying the other point of view. Why? Of course, because both pundits are England fans over almost any club other than their own, and are coming from an angle that they want to see England players succeed over anyone else, as much of the discussion revolved around English young players (Delle Ali & Loftus-Cheek). Of course, there is no discussion of treatment of Luke Shaw, and we we get no real acknowledgement of why big clubs might be reluctant to give young players chances when the stakes are so high. And we are supposed to believe that they are "objective?" LOL

With 2, I can't find the quote or other take on Pep's words, other than what he said in February and May about this, but I thought I read or heard (possibly on a 93:20 podcast) how these words were taken out of context, and put into a dramatic headline that if you didn't pay close attention to would just take at face value. What did Carragher do? Exactly that, and not only is this lazy, but a source of propaganda that further hurts our reputation (especially where Sky is broadcast, but I got it online, so to other fans as well), even if he doesn't consciously mean it.

With 3 this is an example of the same problem. He honestly sounds like he actually just doesn't know what he is talking about, is talking out of his arse, and effectively is lazy because we all know it is only Sancho that hasn't signed a new deal, and it isn't really because he didn't go with the first team. That came after he already refused to sign a contract! The other possible explanation is how this shows how biased Carragher is. I'm not saying he isn't biased, of course he is, but watching it I take it mostly as lazy and what is most maddening is other ill informed fans watch this and hear these lies said again and take it further as truth.

Looks as though 'The Agenda' is alive and kicking and in full 'get City at any cost' flow with, if anything, greater speed, spite and intensity than last season and this summer.

Each constituent member of this 'movement' looks to be working flat out and harder than ever to win the 'anti City' trophy, awarded annually (or should that be anally ??) at the end of the season, so it looks already that we're going to have to suffer some serious garbage being thrown our way in this forthcoming campaign.

We're going to be damned if we do and damned if we don't, but whenever has it been any different ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:28 pm

The mirror has made up its own table on the biggest spenders... even sky report we've spent 30m more than the rags this window.

But that gap just wasn't big enough for our friends at the mirror, so they simply widen it themselves.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... g-10952909
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Can we paste the text rather than feed thier agenda by posting links. Hate going on those pages to read this shit. Curiosity often gets the better.

Anyway, another dig, in the images "city spent 50 mil on Walker" whilst scum simply "signed lukaku from everton"

Twats
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:The mirror has made up its own table on the biggest spenders... even sky report we've spent 30m more than the rags this window.

But that gap just wasn't big enough for our friends at the mirror, so they simply widen it themselves.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... g-10952909

And Sky will report the new figures tomorrow.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Can we paste the text rather than feed thier agenda by posting links. Hate going on those pages to read this shit. Curiosity often gets the better.

Anyway, another dig, in the images "city spent 50 mil on Walker" whilst scum simply "signed lukaku from everton"

Twats

They also say that add-ons aren't included in the figures and then quote Walker's price with add-ons.

That's some fine reacting that Morata's doing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm

The tweets above are both from Jake Humphrey
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Wonder if he will mention the fees for Pogba and Lukaku when the rags are in town? Thought not. Rag cunt. Hope he goes out on the piss tonight and drunkenly phones up his boss and tells him to fuck off and thus gets the sack.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Jake humphrey is a massive fucking bellend. Had to spend time at silverstone a couple of years ago at the BRDC charity ball. Totally up his own arse and simply a cunt to be honest. I had a few on board so by the end of the eving i couldnt help myself and told him. My wife wasnt to chuffed but he was in need of a good head woble.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:07 pm

That is a typical example of what goes on every day in the media.

Yet we have two simpletons on this board trying to tell us it's all in our head and every club gets equal treatment.

They should be banned for being fucking stupid.
Original Dub

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Well they sure are going after Utd in the latest rendition of "The Debate."

Pardew and Wright questioning them all over the place, particularly their £40m defender, Lindelof.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:

That is a typical example of what goes on every day in the media.

Yet we have two simpletons on this board trying to tell us it's all in our head and every club gets equal treatment.

They should be banned for being fucking stupid.

PMSL.......Nigel has done the honourable thing and left this thread , probably for good , whereas justified is still trying to worm his way out of making a tit of himself......which isn't working.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:51 pm

PrezIke wrote:Well they sure are going after Utd in the latest rendition of "The Debate."

Pardew and Wright questioning them all over the place, particularly their £40m defender, Lindelof.

Don't know what this programme is about Prez, but how is all this criticism going down; is anyone defending them ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Well they sure are going after Utd in the latest rendition of "The Debate."

Don't know what this programme is about Prez, but how is all this criticism going down; is anyone defending them ??

Seems like a review show for the season? Focusing on the big clubs, mostly.

They both backtracked a bit, Pardew saying they have "potential," should make top 4, and were up against tough oppo with RM, but neither of the two indicated that they believe they will challenge for the title really.

They spent 17 minutes talking about Utd...first on the 2nd rendition after Liverpool were 1st discussed in the first episode, and Chelsea 2nd for a good while. I thought we were discussed for all of 2-3 minutes at the very end of episode 1.

2nd was Arsenal. Wright didn't sound to happy about things.

Then it turned a huge rant about player contracts, and honouring them, and agents.

I have a lot to say about this and it's disappointing, yet not surprising, we get only one POV aka propaganda from one side, that is popular with the average fan in England.

Didn't recall much chatter about Spurs. I guess we will both be the topic on the next episode? Otherwise City and Spurs got barely any chatter. I'll wager they start with Spurs next (as they are the English media's darlings) and then us second, unless that 2 minute mention of us at the end of the first episode was it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:12 am

That BT tweet is a discrease. Pathetic just pathetic.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 am

sheblue wrote:That BT tweet is a discrease. .

Say what?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:38 am

john@staustell wrote:
sheblue wrote:That BT tweet is a discrease. .

Say what?

Needs to be ironed out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:19 am

sheblue wrote:That BT tweet is a discrease. Pathetic just pathetic.

West Indian cricketing term .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Holy fuck, a new low for Sky.

This is especially for you two simpletons:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -mike-rigg
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:Holy fuck, a new low for Sky.

Pretty sure the club could sue for liable over that shit OD
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:00 pm

City64 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Holy fuck, a new low for Sky.

Pretty sure the club could sue for liable over that shit OD

Do we really have to click it?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum