Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:Did you hear the fat boy Neil Custis ripping into LVG on Talksport? LOL what a laugh, RAG on RAG fire. One thing he kept going on about was LVG having spent 250M and how he makes every player worse.

Great comedy.

He is sticking the boot in everywhere now because Little Van Grumpy returned back into the press conference and pointed the finger and called Custis a Fat Man and left again LOL
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:12 pm

City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Martin Tyler on sky sports said something along the lines of - The fact that United and Liverpool are in sixth and ninth place respectively doesn't draw away from excitement and anticipation of this game.

Sure Martin if you say so.

Pmsl !

I e-mailed TS this morning as Danny Baker was rambling on about the great anticipation etc bollox etc.

I suggested he lead a campaign to make the media realise it's a boring mid table clash.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Did you hear the fat boy Neil Custis ripping into LVG on Talksport? LOL what a laugh, RAG on RAG fire. One thing he kept going on about was LVG having spent 250M and how he makes every player worse.

Great comedy.

He is sticking the boot in everywhere now because Little Van Grumpy returned back into the press conference and pointed the finger and called Custis a Fat Man and left again LOL

Love this, Custis cream.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:54 pm

No mate, that is never taken into account, unless it becomes a clear goal scoring opportunity, but in that case it's a red and a peno.
It's a peno either way.

Yeah, that'd be a weird rule if it did exist. Go ahead and tackle anyone you want son, just as long as they can't get to the ball.

On the other hand, this is the same guy who thinks the advantage rule means you get two tries, a bit like an extra life in Super Mario.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Jeff Stelling and Charlie Nicholas both just apologised for saying it wasn't a penalty.

Fair play
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 pm

john@staustell wrote:Jeff Stelling and Charlie Nicholas both just apologised for saying it wasn't a penalty.

Fair play

Well I never....
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Jeff Stelling and Charlie Nicholas both just apologised for saying it wasn't a penalty.

Fair play

Well I never....

The others were laughing at them for the other night
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I had this in a different threads, but it probably belongs in here...

Even using the term "oil money" is offensive imo.

Sure, these countries made their money from oil going back years, but to label is solely oil money, is discrediting one of the most successful businessmen around.

How the fuck do these cunts know the money spent on City comes from oil?

I reckon it comes from the vast profits the guy has made on numerous successful business ventures.

But they wouldn't like that to be printed, would they? No, it doesn't suit their agenda.

And I've been having a think about this whole agenda... it's all down to the media.
Ferguson used to influence officials. Officials can be influenced. It's human nature.

If the papers are printing their bile week in, week out, they will in some way, influence how these officials think and act. We are the anti-christ according to the press. The officials are reading this every week- is it any wonder it's been four years or more since they helped us gain points?

We need to concentrate on the media and the rest will follow. What the answer is, I just don't know. But you can bet your bottom (oil) dollar that the guys at the very top are well pissed off with the treatment we get.

Propaganda is well and truly alive.
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Fair play

Well I never....

Unbelieveable Jeff.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:13 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Fair play

Well I never....

Were they drunk? What was their excuse?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Fair play

Well I never....

Were they drunk? What was their excuse?

I think that is a very good question indeed, lb2.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:41 pm

it doesn't do to be too obvious?
i reckon.....
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Obviously someone had a word with them and said they were being too blatant.

Two men looking at a replay and coming up with the the same conclusion that defied logic.
Then they watch the same replay and the same two men come up with the opposite conclusion?

My head hurts
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 pm

john@staustell wrote:
City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Martin Tyler on sky sports said something along the lines of - The fact that United and Liverpool are in sixth and ninth place respectively doesn't draw away from excitement and anticipation of this game.

Sure Martin if you say so.

Pmsl !

I e-mailed TS this morning as Danny Baker was rambling on about the great anticipation etc bollox etc.

I suggested he lead a campaign to make the media realise it's a boring mid table clash.

Haha good one , hope you reminded him / them that neither are in the CL either lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:Obviously someone had a word with them and said they were being too blatant.

Two men looking at a replay and coming up with the the same conclusion that defied logic.
Then they watch the same replay and the same two men come up with the opposite conclusion?

My head hurts

Was thinking exactly the same myself. Were they not sat in the studio with numerous replays the other night? How can they both then watch the same replays and apologise?

I think the club are getting mightily pissed off with this unfounded hatred aimed at our club. We are a perfect model of how a club should be run. We have the best press facilities in the country. We have just built an academy that won't just be beneficial for City but for England as well. We have provided a lot of income to a lot of English clubs with our earlier buying and are still helping the community of Manchester and beyond with all sorts of charitable initiatives.

I agree with a poster above who thought it had a racist bearing to it, why are PSG and City always the ones being held up as bad boys, yet Jewish Americans seem to be perfectly ok?
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Just seen Martinez (the little twat) being interviewed after Chelsea's equaliser. It was off side and Martinez is saying the officials were a disgrace. Hipocracy of the highest order. I think the interviewer should have asked him about the pen decisions in the cup and league games against us. I hope they call the little prick out tomorrow for his comments.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:25 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Just seen Martinez (the little twat) being interviewed after Chelsea's equaliser. It was off side and Martinez is saying the officials were a disgrace. Hipocracy of the highest order. I think the interviewer should have asked him about the pen decisions in the cup and league games against us. I hope they call the little prick out tomorrow for his comments.

Roberto Martinez has always been a decent bloke for me, I even stayed behind after Wigan beat us in the cup and applauded them for performing a miracle in footballing terms. I liked his style of always trying to play football and has always been very honest in all decisions for or against his teams. As a footballer he always wanted to attack and was a bit of a lower league David Silva if you will.

Which is why , I was so disappointed to hear his after match comments on Thursday morning re the penalty incident when Stones clearly took out Sterling. I knew there and then that if a person who preaches fairness in football very passionately could be in such denial that karma would ensue.

Roberto Martinez, today you reaped what you had sewn!!
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:38 pm

edgeley blue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Just seen Martinez (the little twat) being interviewed after Chelsea's equaliser. It was off side and Martinez is saying the officials were a disgrace. Hipocracy of the highest order. I think the interviewer should have asked him about the pen decisions in the cup and league games against us. I hope they call the little prick out tomorrow for his comments.

Roberto Martinez has always been a decent bloke for me, I even stayed behind after Wigan beat us in the cup and applauded them for performing a miracle in footballing terms. I liked his style of always trying to play football and has always been very honest in all decisions for or against his teams. As a footballer he always wanted to attack and was a bit of a lower league David Silva if you will.

Which is why , I was so disappointed to hear his after match comments on Thursday morning re the penalty incident when Stones clearly took out Sterling. I knew there and then that if a person who preaches fairness in football very passionately could be in such denial that karma would ensue.

Just a note on Martinez and the cup.....yes, it was something special for them to win the cup and they deserved it. Fair play to many City fans who applauded them at the end...class from us. Wigan were a Prem team though at the time. They won 3-0 away at Everton in the quarter final on the way. They beat the Rags, the dippers (away), Arsenal (away) in the 12 months leading to that cup final. Dave Whelan spent more than £100m of his own money to support that. It was a great story mate, but I'm not sure it was a miracle.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Watching MotD and seeing about four Everton players jumping into the crowd after their third. Assume they were all booked?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:22 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
edgeley blue wrote:

Just a note on Martinez and the cup.....yes, it was something special for them to win the cup and they deserved it. Fair play to many City fans who applauded them at the end...class from us. Wigan were a Prem team though at the time. They won 3-0 away at Everton in the quarter final on the way. They beat the Rags, the dippers (away), Arsenal (away) in the 12 months leading to that cup final. Dave Whelan spent more than £100m of his own money to support that. It was a great story mate, but I'm not sure it was a miracle.

Oh I don't know. If they didn't have the lowest wage bill in the Prem it was close to it.
To win anything in those circumstances defies all evidence.
And they didn't try to clog their way out of trouble. In fact they played us off the park on more than one occasion.
I could cope with him being our manager.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum