Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Good distribution there by Joe.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Justified logic wrote:Good distribution there by Joe.
They are aching for him to make a mistake, 'why haven't they got a man on him at corners- they know he's weak..etc.' and other such estuarine effluent.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:38 am

See the MUEN ignoring the Matt Busby story, The Rag does it again !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:02 pm

some Arsehole at Sirus xm radio has given Collymore a call in radio show FFS . Broadcasting his Bile. Across America , opening Gambit
" Man Utd fans I wanna hear from you , Jose getting his great business done early It certainly shows with Zlatan and PogBa "

"Noisy Neighbours City was Hart treated unfairly "

Click off
carolina-blue

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:19 pm

carolina-blue wrote:some Arsehole at Sirus xm radio has given Collymore a call in radio show FFS . Broadcasting his Bile. Across America , opening Gambit
" Man Utd fans I wanna hear from you , Jose getting his great business done early It certainly shows with Zlatan and PogBa "

Click off

Not many people make my blood boil but collymore is one. I cannot believe people employ this piece of shit
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:some Arsehole at Sirus xm radio has given Collymore a call in radio show FFS . Broadcasting his Bile. Across America , opening Gambit

Click off

Not many people make my blood boil but collymore is one. I cannot believe people employ this piece of shit

Right there with youW W can't even stand hearing his voice . I find American Pundits in the main a
Pretty neutral bunch Now they have let this twat in
carolina-blue

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Good piece in the mUen about the Aguaro ban. only have a phone so can't / don't know how to
Post it . I agree with Brennen the claims of refs being told what to do cannot be allowed to be swept under the carpet.
carolina-blue

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Not sure if this fits in "media" per say...

But a 34 year old Zlatan is the best player in the entire premier league on FIFA 17??

Get fucked.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... on-fifa-17?
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:Not sure if this fits in "media" per say...

But a 34 year old Zlatan is the best player in the entire premier league on FIFA 17??

Get fucked.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... on-fifa-17?

He just beats Aguero by a nose, to be fair he wins most things by a nose.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Sky making shit up again. Yaya's agent is certainly as big a cunt as they come, but where does it quote what they're claiming in the headline ANYWHERE?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... says-agent?
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 pm

"A lot of people in Africa say they will never see any more matches of City on TV"

Someone should really tell that Nigerian beer company about this. They've dropped a bollock, Dimitri say so.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"A lot of people in Africa say they will never see any more matches of City on TV"

Someone should really tell that Nigerian beer company about this. They've dropped a bollock, Dimitri say so.

Ah, so he actually said that?

I saw it on social media, but I was certain it was bollox. The type of Einstein quotes in 2016.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby bigblue » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"A lot of people in Africa say they will never see any more matches of City on TV"

We have Nacho.

The population of Nigeria is only 9x that of the Ivory Coast. Plus they speak English, so I don't think we'll have any problems with African fans.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:05 pm

I don’t find elite football as interesting to watch any more, especially in England. You hear about people saying English football’s the best football there is around. I think Spain’s by far the best league. Germany has better teams. In Italy probably the strength in depth isn’t great. They talk about Italy being a bad league but I don’t think English people look at it. They say it’s boring. No chance. The Juventus team would beat any team in this league. They came up to Manchester City and beat them easy. But we have this interpretation of the Italian league that it’s rubbish. They only try to defend. No chance.

The Spanish league’s the best by far if you’re judging on the European competitions. In the quarter-finals of the Champions League and the Europa League in 2015–16, they had six of the 16 teams. Nearly half of them. The Premier League had just two.

There needs to be a real step up in quality in England. Other than Sergio Agüero, Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva, we don’t have the best players. All the best players are in other countries.

The best players are in Spain or at Bayern Munich and Juventus. We’re linked with big players – Gareth Bale is a top player – but we don’t get them now. Not any more. You never see a Lionel Messi coming over here, you never see a Neymar in the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... are_btn_tw
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:20 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:I don’t find elite football as interesting to watch any more, especially in England. You hear about people saying English football’s the best football there is around. I think Spain’s by far the best league. Germany has better teams. In Italy probably the strength in depth isn’t great. They talk about Italy being a bad league but I don’t think English people look at it. They say it’s boring. No chance. The Juventus team would beat any team in this league. They came up to Manchester City and beat them easy. But we have this interpretation of the Italian league that it’s rubbish. They only try to defend. No chance.

The Spanish league’s the best by far if you’re judging on the European competitions. In the quarter-finals of the Champions League and the Europa League in 2015–16, they had six of the 16 teams. Nearly half of them. The Premier League had just two.

There needs to be a real step up in quality in England. Other than Sergio Agüero, Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva, we don’t have the best players. All the best players are in other countries.

The best players are in Spain or at Bayern Munich and Juventus. We’re linked with big players – Gareth Bale is a top player – but we don’t get them now. Not any more. You never see a Lionel Messi coming over here, you never see a Neymar in the Premier League.

Yeah ok ginger bollocks.
Spain 3 team league.
Italy 1 team league.
Germany 2 team league.
France 1 team league.
English Premier league at least an 8 team league and on any given match day a team low down the league can beat a top team. Give me competition over boredom any day.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Click off

i cannot fucking wait to call into this cunt's shitshow.

he will last until xmas at best.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:04 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:I don’t find elite football as interesting to watch any more, especially in England. You hear about people saying English football’s the best football there is around. I think Spain’s by far the best league. Germany has better teams. In Italy probably the strength in depth isn’t great. They talk about Italy being a bad league but I don’t think English people look at it. They say it’s boring. No chance. The Juventus team would beat any team in this league. They came up to Manchester City and beat them easy. But we have this interpretation of the Italian league that it’s rubbish. They only try to defend. No chance.

Buffon saved Juve from a hiding here, we missed chance after chance and in typical CL fashion you pay the price. Italy is finished as a league, Spain until the money is shared it is a 2 horse league. I do think the Premier is not as good as the hype it gets to be fair. France is a pub league with 1 team.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Did we win our group or come second to Juve?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm

Mase wrote:Did we win our group or come second to Juve?

Finally we fucking agree, fuckholio.

cheers

P.S. To the poster who said that Serie A is done or finished or whatever...it's actually nothing like it was a decade ago. It's got some verve and skill and fun. I love it.

And the Spanish league is defo not the fucking *best*...it's like a league with three Manchester fucking Uniteds, and 15 teams managed by ex-Rags who bend over for the 3 fucking Manchesters United....and a couple others sprinkled in for good measure to try and work to win the Europa league. Hardly anything interesting to me really.

I feel like my keyboard is set to "Mancio." Fuck me.

cheers again
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 pm

May I ask - do you view our great team from a distant prospect? There is just a suggestion in what you write of a somewhat dated view of our European competitors and their strengths. Times they are a changing friend.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum