Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:54 pm

dazby wrote:Guys, can you name names again? Who doesn't think that journos write clickbait stories?

You can stick your conspiracy ref theories up your arse but the media definitely have an agenda.

Course they do. They are driven by popularity and profit.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby potterwec » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Hello Man City Fans!

I hope you don't mind me using your forum for purposes of research, but it is a fascinating topic and I am seeking fans who use football forums to unearth the state of football spectatorship and community in the modern era.

I am an Events Management MSc student from the University West of England and I am currently writing a thesis analysing how well new digital, social and broadcast media outlets replicate the experience of attending a football match.

I am in the process of contacting bloggers, forum contributors and key opinion-formers for Premier League football teams and am writing to you in the hope that a Man City fan might be interested in answering a few questions to help inform my research.

If there is anybody who has a spare 5-10 minutes to answer a few questions, I would be very grateful and happy to provide a blog/article/details of my thesis and research back to your site.

Please let me know if this might be a possibility.

Many thanks,
Will Potter
potterwec
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Liverpool
My favourite player is: Luis Suarez

Postby bigblue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:12 pm

potterwec wrote:Hello Man City Fans!

I hope you don't mind me using your forum for purposes of research, but it is a fascinating topic and I am seeking fans who use football forums to unearth the state of football spectatorship and community in the modern era.

I am an Events Management MSc student from the University West of England and I am currently writing a thesis analysing how well new digital, social and broadcast media outlets replicate the experience of attending a football match.

I am in the process of contacting bloggers, forum contributors and key opinion-formers for Premier League football teams and am writing to you in the hope that a Man City fan might be interested in answering a few questions to help inform my research.

If there is anybody who has a spare 5-10 minutes to answer a few questions, I would be very grateful and happy to provide a blog/article/details of my thesis and research back to your site.

Please let me know if this might be a possibility.

Many thanks,
Will Potter

VR goggles will be the future, and you'll have to pay for your view (just like in a stadium). It'll be a full match day experience, including away fans chucking cups of piss at you. You'll have virtual hands, which you can use to tell someone to fuck off or that they're a wanker. Everyone's goggles will be mic'd up and the collective sound will be broadcast to all other viewers (with location realism). You can order food that will be delivered to your home from the home team's "official food & refreshment providers". Also, some fans sitting around you will be shills/ad bots that talk to you about how good the products/services are from *corporate sponsor*

Games will actually be played in a secure location, probably a field out in the countryside with a huge wall around it.

Thesis solved
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby potterwec » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Think you might be spot on with that description ahah. If anyone is up for answering a few more questions, I would be eternally grateful!

1. How old are you?

2. Where do you live?

3. What football team do you support in the UK?

4. How often do you attend a live football match?

5. Do broadcast media outlets (e.g. Sky Sports, BT Sport) manage to replicate or enhance the experience of attending a live football match?

6. Describe the level of connection you feel to the team you are watching? Has this changed over your lifetime?

7. Do you interact online with other fans/spectators? If so, when (before/during/after a game) and what do you gain from this?

8. Can the sense of community of the ‘traditional spectator’ be replicated without travelling to the stadium and watching their team? E.g. At a pub, online, or on TV.

9. Do you tend to (and prefer to) watch football with other people?

10. How do you feel when watching the game on your chosen platform?

11. Does a constant stream of consumer material online help or hinder your football community?

12. Do you try to watch football games live? Does your intensity / interest change when watching a highlights programme or catch-up service?

13. Do new football-focused digital, social and broadcast media outlets help to provide you with a sense of community and well-being?
potterwec
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Liverpool
My favourite player is: Luis Suarez

Postby bigblue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:38 pm

potterwec wrote:Think you might be spot on with that description ahah. If anyone is up for answering a few more questions, I would be eternally grateful!

1. How old are you?

2. Where do you live?

3. What football team do you support in the UK?

4. How often do you attend a live football match?

5. Do broadcast media outlets (e.g. Sky Sports, BT Sport) manage to replicate or enhance the experience of attending a live football match?

6. Describe the level of connection you feel to the team you are watching? Has this changed over your lifetime?

7. Do you interact online with other fans/spectators? If so, when (before/during/after a game) and what do you gain from this?

8. Can the sense of community of the ‘traditional spectator’ be replicated without travelling to the stadium and watching their team? E.g. At a pub, online, or on TV.

9. Do you tend to (and prefer to) watch football with other people?

10. How do you feel when watching the game on your chosen platform?

11. Does a constant stream of consumer material online help or hinder your football community?

12. Do you try to watch football games live? Does your intensity / interest change when watching a highlights programme or catch-up service?

13. Do new football-focused digital, social and broadcast media outlets help to provide you with a sense of community and well-being?

You can answer most of these questions by just reading the forum (namely: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13). Many of these are common sense like 10: I feel great watching the game when it's on TV or I have a nice acesteam going. I get pissed off when I have to see the game through a dodgy chinese flash steam with some glutton wheezing over the mic, or when BT/Sky constantly shit on City.

I know you need survey type results, but just direct people to a Survey Monkey or Google Doc Form to fill out somewhere else. Otherwise you're just clogging up this thread with your own personal agenda.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:59 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-le ... -in-august

This is what happens when a media source isn't focused on a primarily English audience.

Based on what you read and hear elsewhere you'd think this writer lost his mind to not talk about Mourinho's job so far in Pep's place.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:19 am

Daily Star headline: Sam Allardyce sticks his neck on the line for two England stars ahead of Slovakia clash

No, they're not Rooney and Kane...

SAM ALLADYCE has stuck his neck on the line for Euro 2016 flops Joe Hart and Raheem Sterling.

Not even a mention of flops Rooney and Kane.
Justified logic

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:58 am

Justified logic wrote:Daily Star headline: Sam Allardyce sticks his neck on the line for two England stars ahead of Slovakia clash

No, they're not Rooney and Kane...

SAM ALLADYCE has stuck his neck on the line for Euro 2016 flops Joe Hart and Raheem Sterling.

Not even a mention of flops Rooney and Kane.

Hmmmm...Daily Star you say...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Anyone else see the story that Mino Raiola made €30m from the sale of three players to the rags this summer? Imagine if that was us?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:Anyone else see the story that Mino Raiola made €30m from the sale of three players to the rags this summer? Imagine if that was us?

What figure did he end up getting for Pogba, NB ??

At one point, I thought £28 million was being touted.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Daily Mail:

Match official Marriner's failure to spot Aguero's crime led to the striker being tried by the FA

Insidiously strong words there from the Wail.
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:19 pm

Justified logic wrote:Daily Mail:

Match official Marriner's failure to spot Aguero's crime led to the striker being tried by the FA

Insidiously strong words there from the Wail.

purple prose?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Anyone else see the story that Mino Raiola made €30m from the sale of three players to the rags this summer? Imagine if that was us?

What figure did he end up getting for Pogba, NB ??

At one point, I thought £28 million was being touted.

The article didnt break it down but a figure of £20m for Pogba i understand is generally accepted as a true reflection.

Good work if you can get it
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 am

Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:07 am

Original Dub wrote:The mirror. Again. And again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ns-8762070

Don't put yourself through it mate. The Mirror may as well be named Red Issue. It's written for rags, by rags.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:23 am

I'm not clicking that shit, that's how they make their money.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:31 am

For anyone with a twitter account who might be feeling a bit bored, that article was written by @AndyDunn_SM
Just thought I'd mention it...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:36 am

I bet he'll be on SS now spouting his bile.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Same old same old, Hen Noddle slagging off Sterling - best player on the pitch, praising the totally toothless Lallana for running about, Crimson Clive on Joe's case - we await a mistake from Stones for the full corruption chorus - here we go he's given away a foul....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Same old same old, Hen Noddle slagging off Sterling - best player on the pitch, praising the totally toothless Lallana for running about, Crimson Clive on Joe's case - we await a mistake from Stones for the full corruption chorus - here we go he's given away a foul....

Hoddle blames a lack of match time for kane's 'air shot'. Making every excuse for the clueless gimp while jumping all over Sterling.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum