Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Do our prices go up everytime a player is mentioned. When did Patrick Roberts cost us £12 mil?

I think it was at the same time we paid £43m for Mangala and £49m for Sterling whilst the rags paid £36m for the boy wonder.

Fucking ridiculous, always the sly digs.

I know it shouldn't annoy me, but it does. When journalists can't even get basic facts correct it's a poor show

Facts are something most football journos never deal in as facts dose'nt sell copy mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am

- sterling cost £4m more than the sunderland team
- de bruyne cost more than the stadium of shite cost to build

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... style.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:06 am

Money isn't ruining football. It's the media and fan's obsession with money that is ruining it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:44 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:- sterling cost £4m more than the sunderland team

They were quotes from Big Dick and seemed obvious that he'd use them as a dig at us, but moreso to protect himself. What's interesting is that they don't ask the question of where all the money is going to if their team costs so little? Then again, who'd actually be interested in the fact that quite a few of the PL owners are preferring to line their pockets and just hang onto their PL status rather than investing, giving something back to their fans?

The way the PL voted for the PL restrictions said it all to me. Big money coming in and a plan to limit spending was an easy get out clause for owners, allowing them to reap vast sums back after years of shit buys or lousy appointments. In Sunderland's case, I think they have been run appallingly with the likes of the Dog Wanker spunking huge sums for very little value.

The story shouldn't highlight what we are worth, it should highlight how bad the PL is becoming with big teams such as Villa, Newcastle, Spurs et al choosing to take investment away rather than putting it in, allowing the likes of well run clubs such as Swansea, Southampton etc to move ahead in terms of the playing squad and infrastructure means.

The footballing landscape is changing before our eyes, where once there was a set order we now see a shift away from investment and now an era of economic frugality from the once dominant figures. The Rags, Dippers and Arse are only spending what they need to ensure they get the economic benefit from the CL and those that sponsor them, and to kid their supporters into believing they can challenge for the title when in reality they are either taking money out or hoarding hundreds of millions (in Arsenal's case) for future owner acquisition.

So, in short, nobody should be questioning our spend, we are trying to raise the standard of the league. They should, in reality, be questioning why the PL is being eroded by the owners who choose to endanger the product.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

They were quotes from Big Dick and seemed obvious that he'd use them as a dig at us, but moreso to protect himself. What's interesting is that they don't ask the question of where all the money is going to if their team costs so little? Then again, who'd actually be interested in the fact that quite a few of the PL owners are preferring to line their pockets and just hang onto their PL status rather than investing, giving something back to their fans?

The way the PL voted for the PL restrictions said it all to me. Big money coming in and a plan to limit spending was an easy get out clause for owners, allowing them to reap vast sums back after years of shit buys or lousy appointments. In Sunderland's case, I think they have been run appallingly with the likes of the Dog Wanker spunking huge sums for very little value.

The story shouldn't highlight what we are worth, it should highlight how bad the PL is becoming with big teams such as Villa, Newcastle, Spurs et al choosing to take investment away rather than putting it in, allowing the likes of well run clubs such as Swansea, Southampton etc to move ahead in terms of the playing squad and infrastructure means.

The footballing landscape is changing before our eyes, where once there was a set order we now see a shift away from investment and now an era of economic frugality from the once dominant figures. The Rags, Dippers and Arse are only spending what they need to ensure they get the economic benefit from the CL and those that sponsor them, and to kid their supporters into believing they can challenge for the title when in reality they are either taking money out or hoarding hundreds of millions (in Arsenal's case) for future owner acquisition.

So, in short, nobody should be questioning our spend, we are trying to raise the standard of the league. They should, in reality, be questioning why the PL is being eroded by the owners who choose to endanger the product.

Top post Beefy.

I suggest Everton as one of those clubs. Been in top flight for decades, relatively successful and big fan base, yet never seem to spend much on the ground, pay big wages or spend a lot on transfers. Someone is taking them to the cleaners
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I think you are right of course, but the real fun and games will start if and when the English teams lose the fourth spot in the Champions League. With two from the three likely to miss out (Liverpool can forget it), the real scrap will become between Rags and Arses.
That would throw a completely different complexion on things.
A few seasons without Champions League money would even out the the following pack a great deal.
It's not completely beyond the realms of possibility either.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:I suggest Everton as one of those clubs. Been in top flight for decades, relatively successful and big fan base, yet never seem to spend much on the ground, pay big wages or spend a lot on transfers. Someone is taking them to the cleaners

Everton for me are one of the worse for it. It's understandable to some degree after as Kenwright (and backers) have been trying to offload it for some time and with the introduction of lucrative deals they now have a chance to claw it back. One thing that has to be said is that they still spent a fair bit of money, upwards of 20 mil a season when Moyes was in charge and they've also spent in the region of 100 mil over the last few seasons. Nothing like ours of course but relative to their position it's still an awful lot.

However, the money they are now raking in far outweighs the money spent and their plan is quite clearly to just exist within the PL rather than even challenge for the promised land of CL football.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I think you are right of course, but the real fun and games will start if and when the English teams lose the fourth spot in the Champions League. With two from the three likely to miss out (Liverpool can forget it), the real scrap will become between Rags and Arses.
That would throw a completely different complexion on things.
A few seasons without Champions League money would even out the the following pack a great deal.
It's not completely beyond the realms of possibility either.

It's a possibility but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Last time I looked we were comfortably in 3rd, ahead of Italy who have less co-efficiency points this time around. To lose any advantage we'd probably have to have all teams go out at the Group stages with all the Italian teams getting through to around the semi's, and that's just to bring them up to us this season. It will then take another season for the Italians to take over the slot.

What is interesting about the CL, for me anyway, is that the likes of the Rags and Arsenal used to get very easy draws (Rags got that again) but then used to get plenty of decisions go their way. The latter seems to have stopped and it seems there is more of a level playing field when they take to the pitch, as if UEFA are saying that you are no longer that important to us for commercial reasons. Either that or they're seriously pissed of with the leagues monetary domination.

Interesting to see what would happen if we did actually lose the spot though. Being a lifelong City fan, my 'Typical' standpoint would be that the ref's would ensure we're the ones to lose out, not the Rags or Arsenal.

As for the Dippers, will they ever recover?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Heres reason 10,001 why robbie savage is a knobhead:

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Robbie Manc has made another dig at the British football media, for calling City's playing style, "boring," while he was manager.

Meanwhile, Mancini is busy translating his former City success, into Italian!:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/internazionale/ ... ys-mancini
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:59 am

And then no surprise when his team beat Verona 1-0 to get 5 out of 5 and stay top of the league. Can he get that 6th though?

I did enjoy it when him and Paddy highlighted the fairly dubious refereeing during the winning season. It was good to see that they were seeing what we were. Firstly the favourable decisions that went the Rags way and then the shit decisions that went ours. Sort of kept them on the straight and narrow during the run-in.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:08 am

Funnily enough I can't find the attendance of the Rags game last night anywhere on the internet. It has been erased. Cunts, if it was us, we'd have had pictures of empty seats. Does anyone know how few actually turned up?
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:10 am

The Maine Man wrote:Funnily enough I can't find the attendance of the Rags game last night anywhere on the internet. It has been erased. Cunts, if it was us, we'd have had pictures of empty seats. Does anyone know how few actually turned up?

No idea. Twitter suggested 30k. The rags are being very temperamental about it too. I would imagine it will be officially reported as 70k+

I do hope the men had their blue circling pen out
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:Funnily enough I can't find the attendance of the Rags game last night anywhere on the internet. It has been erased. Cunts, if it was us, we'd have had pictures of empty seats. Does anyone know how few actually turned up?

No idea. Twitter suggested 30k. The rags are being very temperamental about it too. I would imagine it will be officially reported as 70k+

That was one of the most ludicrous things I've ever seen. It was if Johnny Aged 5 with his crayons was allowed to publish directly onto the site.

Just showed what their editorial team deemed as news and how much distain they had/have for us.

There's media bias but the there's downright hatred.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 am

Wonderwall wrote:

You're right about them being temperamental. I got jumped on yesterday on Facebook for evening having the balls to suggest that they had full stands empty. They claimed it was the away end and when I proved them wrong they couldn't understand why I was being 'sad' and 'crazy'. Weird because I'm sure they've done it to us for years
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:52 am

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

You're right about them being temperamental. I got jumped on yesterday on Facebook for evening having the balls to suggest that they had full stands empty. They claimed it was the away end and when I proved them wrong they couldn't understand why I was being 'sad' and 'crazy'. Weird because I'm sure they've done it to us for years

When we do it it's as a bit of banter whereas when they do it's now the only thing the Rags have left.

Just smile.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

When we do it it's as a bit of banter whereas when they do it's now the only thing the Rags have left.

Just smile.

Go to the laughing thread,and then just laugh..we can always go back there for a reference, for when some Munich harps on about empty seats.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Very good points sir !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:Yeah, it's so fucking blatant it's unreal. They have basically falsely created a difference of at least £45m.
For what purpose other than to keep throwing the pressure and focus on to City?

It's extremely childish more than anything else.

It's the Daily Mail. Think of the rags as the Tories and us as Jeremy Corbyn.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Yeah, it's so fucking blatant it's unreal. They have basically falsely created a difference of at least £45m.
For what purpose other than to keep throwing the pressure and focus on to City?

It's extremely childish more than anything else.

It's the Daily Mail. Think of the rags as the Tories and us as Jeremy Corbyn.

I don't know what "us" you were referring to, but comparing City to Corbyn, the Gunner Arse fan, is an absolute abomination!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum