Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 am

Original Dub wrote:Ssn this morning

"Spurs can move six points clear of city with a win"

Brilliant

Mate, the script was set from day 1. The problem was that we went on a run while the Rag cunts went backwards. Cue PiGMOL, which then allows the media to get to work.

No hyperbole in that, just the facts of what we're seeing this season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:26 am

Brilliant

OD I'm surprised they haven't changed the league table already to reflect this. Reading some news this morning I could have sworn this game has already been played and we got trounced.

Looking forward to watching another fantastic referee performance today. I'm going for at least one of their goals to be 6 yards offside and we have two stonewall pens waved away, for the panel to sit and chat about how they can understand the referee missing it 2 yards from the incident, as it was only a 2 footed tackle and not a rugby tackle.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:12 am

gmercer1 wrote:

Brilliant

OD I'm surprised they haven't changed the league table already to reflect this. Reading some news this morning I could have sworn this game has already been played and we got trounced.

Looking forward to watching another fantastic referee performance today. I'm going for at least one of their goals to be 6 yards offside and we have two stonewall pens waved away, for the panel to sit and chat about how they can understand the referee missing it 2 yards from the incident, as it was only a 2 footed tackle and not a rugby tackle.

Don't forget their penalty for 'backball'!

I've got a god feeling for this game, pegged back a bit by the thought of the manner of officiating.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 am

That's not an exaggeration.

Everytime I see us bounce back in performance after a disappointment, the referee seems to step in with loads of small calls and then a match changer.

Then the players get frustrated and play within themselves.

Not every game but the vast majority.

So yes, I have a feeling we'll play out of our skin today and take control early. But if that happens, I will fully expect the ref the turn the screw.

This is not because of paranoia, this is because of over 5 years of watching the same thing.

If the ref doesn't interfere, I think we'll do them.
We'll need the crowd so hopefully they make a bit of noise.

And don't leave with 15 mins to go
Original Dub

Postby aaron bond » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:47 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The Sun running with the"story" that Aguero could join Chelsea! Even if we were to sell him it would surely be to a Spanish team

Even if (and it's a big, big if) there were any substance to this 'story', with all the money swilling about in Chelsea's coffers, courtesy of some highly inflated sales deals of their own, we'd be wanting far, far more than the Scum paid for Pogba.

Like the big fees we demanded for Tevez and Dzeko???

If we sold Aguero, it should be for an extortionate fee. But I don't have confidence in our ability to do that.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am

Fuck the media!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:That's not an exaggeration.

Everytime I see us bounce back in performance after a disappointment, the referee seems to step in with loads of small calls and then a match changer.

So yes, I have a feeling we'll play out of our skin today and take control early. But if that happens, I will fully expect the ref the turn the screw.

This is not because of paranoia, this is because of over 5 years of watching the same thing.

After watching Peps presser I'm hoping that he sends the lads out to her up the crowd. The media have been bang at him/us since his arrival and that little cunt Neil Ashton shouldn't be allowed to walk peacefully to his seat, same for the rest of the leeches.

I'd expect the crowd to be well up for this, just to vent their andst at all the shit we've received. We've took this too long.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:That's not an exaggeration.

After watching Peps presser I'm hoping that he sends the lads out to her up the crowd. The media have been bang at him/us since his arrival and that little cunt Neil Ashton shouldn't be allowed to walk peacefully to his seat, same for the rest of the leeches.

I'd expect the crowd to be well up for this, just to vent their andst at all the shit we've received. We've took this too long.

The club should hire Joe Kinnear to guest at the post-match press conference.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby city72 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Merson would pick Harry Kane over aguero!!! I fking hate sky used to love soccer am and soccer Saturday rather watch snooker than that shite now.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Mase wrote:Fuck the media!

You're a married man now.
You'll have to dine at home from here on in.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:49 pm

city72 wrote:Merson would pick Harry Kane over aguero!!! I fking hate sky used to love soccer am and soccer Saturday rather watch snooker than that shite now.

On form over the last couple of months, so would I. That's not to say I'd swap Aguero for Kane because I wouldn't but he is playing better than Kun at the moment
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Fair play to the BT presenter, just asked starfish if Chelsea have got a "slip" in them. Lol
nottsblue

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/21/did-man-city-fail-beat-tottenham-time-drop-nicolas-otamendi

And around and around it goes

Am I going blind or is there absolutely no mention of the penalty incident that would have put us 3-1 up and a man up.

Definitely Ronan. Have s night off.
This is bad for your ticker.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Alan Shearer showing what a dickhead he is, "Wayne Rooney would play for £50 a week"

Correct me if I am wrong, but did he not ask to leave twice in order to secure new contracts, the latest one which is said to be in excess of £250k a week?
nottsblue

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:Alan Shearer showing what a dickhead he is, "Wayne Rooney would play for £50 a week"

Correct me if I am wrong, but did he not ask to leave twice in order to secure new contracts, the latest one which is said to be in excess of £250k a week?

The Manchester based rags I know detest him for the way he treated the club. I'm so phased he's now their highest scorer. They should take Charlton's free tickets off him and give them to Wayne now.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/21/did-man-city-fail-beat-tottenham-time-drop-nicolas-otamendi

And around and around it goes

I'm no fan of Ottamendi, but I thought he had a really good game today, so strange they singled him out. But if you're going to ignore the blatant penalty, you may as well go for it properly
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Alan Shearer showing what a dickhead he is, "Wayne Rooney would play for £50 a week"

The Manchester based rags I know detest him for the way he treated the club. I'm so phased he's now their highest scorer. They should take Charlton's free tickets off him and give them to Wayne now.

I'm chuffed, too. Wooney bent them over twice in his sheer contempt for the club and love of money. God bless him.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:53 am

gmercer1 wrote:

Brilliant

You got it spot on. 2 pens and an offside. More like one yard instead of 6 though, but very well played.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:32 am

Just waiting for SKY to show golden boy Harry Kane,s hotspots from yesterdays game after all he touched the ball an amazing 3 times all game and one of them was offside , amazing shit no ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum