Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:33 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Mediocre the lot of em. BBC R2 Vasos I hate City, great start to a morning. 6.50am. I have decide to just laugh at them . Even my football hating wife has noticed it..........

i reckon i get about 25-30% of what you post these days....

I take that as a compliment. Enjoy the game.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:44 am

dave watson's perm wrote:Tuned in to see how the BBC would portray tonight's match in their sports report after the news at 7:30. Normally they would say something along the lines of "Good luck to the only British team left in Europe's premier cup competition tonight...............etc"

But no, true to form, before the report even started the sports reporter (Matt Smith - Scouse rag fan) turns to the sofa and asked the presenters what their definition of European elite was!!! Sally Nugent says "Champions League medals" and Dan Walker says "10 semi final appearances".

That was us firmly put in our place before the fcking report even started.

Anyone who still thinks there is no media agenda needs to have the scales removed from their eyes.

The BBC has a virulently pro-Establishment agenda, at the cost of anything approaching impartiality in everything it does.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:Tuned in to see how the BBC would portray tonight's match in their sports report after the news at 7:30. Normally they would say something along the lines of "Good luck to the only British team left in Europe's premier cup competition tonight...............etc"

But no, true to form, before the report even started the sports reporter (Matt Smith - Scouse rag fan) turns to the sofa and asked the presenters what their definition of European elite was!!! Sally Nugent says "Champions League medals" and Dan Walker says "10 semi final appearances".

That was us firmly put in our place before the fcking report even started.

Anyone who still thinks there is no media agenda needs to have the scales removed from their eyes.

The BBC has a virulently pro-Establishment agenda, at the cost of anything approaching impartiality in everything it does.

Time to scrap the licence fee
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:24 pm

The main BBC news website has the dippers as the fifth lead story of all news. Interestingly, our win over PSG was only mentioned in the sports section. Piss poor
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:16 pm

And SSN just has 'Pellegrini's concerning record against the other 3'. Massive. Gaping. Cunts.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:06 am

Sky running a piece this morning on how prem league wages have hit the 2 billion mark. No prizes for guessing which club feature in the picture accompanying the article. It's that kind of shite that really annoys me, they feed the idea to the masses that City are the root of the problem.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MUS » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:24 am

Everybody hates us and that's fine by me!
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:37 am

Green & Blue wrote:Sky running a piece this morning on how prem league wages have hit the 2 billion mark. No prizes for guessing which club feature in the picture accompanying the article. It's that kind of shite that really annoys me, they feed the idea to the masses that City are the root of the problem.

I wouldn't mind but the latest figures show that we paid £20 million less in wages than Chelsea last year and £10million less than the rags. Cunts.

I see the English FA are doing their bit too, tweeting their congratulations to Liverpool's English contingent last night but no such tweet congratulating City's English players the night before. Cunts
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:39 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Sky running a piece this morning on how prem league wages have hit the 2 billion mark. No prizes for guessing which club feature in the picture accompanying the article. It's that kind of shite that really annoys me, they feed the idea to the masses that City are the root of the problem.

I wouldn't mind but the latest figures show that we paid £20 million less in wages than Chelsea last year and £10million less than the rags. Cunts.

I see the English FA are doing their bit too, tweeting their congratulations to Liverpool's English contingent last night but no such tweet congratulating City's English players the night before. Cunts

Anyone that thinks there is no agenda against us needs to give their head a fuckin big wobble.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:53 am

gillie wrote:

Anyone that thinks there is no agenda against us needs to give their head a fuckin big wobble.

If that's true that's a joke. I did have a quick look and can't see such a tweet though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 am

london blue 2 wrote:
gillie wrote:

If that's true that's a joke. I did have a quick look and can't see such a tweet though.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:00 am

It's going to be interesting to see what order the stories are on this weekend's radio / TV shows, although I think I can guess

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

Probably a strategic move, England tweet was quickly followed by this :

That means we have players in the last four of both the @EuropaLeague and @ChampionsLeague following @MCFC's excellent win on Tuesday!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:32 am

To be honest, the scouse media wankfest may work to our advantage in that it will focus more attention on those cnts and allow us to get on with it.

If the Dippers had gone out last night we would be getting it with both barrels from here on in. Let them have their fawning.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:00 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:To be honest, the scouse media wankfest may work to our advantage in that it will focus more attention on those cnts and allow us to get on with it.

If the Dippers had gone out last night we would be getting it with both barrels from here on in. Let them have their fawning.

Agree with that.
We've slipped into the semis under the radar, largely. Could we make it to the final and win it without anyone noticing???
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:11 pm

This fella has gone to the length of saying what

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2016/04 ... -disgrace/?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:This fella has gone to the length of saying what

Sums up pretty much what we all think.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PrezIke » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Howard Hockin commented on media bias towards City in his weekly editorial for the BM podcast for about 10 minutes, and went over several of the same issues quite well, showing how ridiculously inconsistent and biased the coverage is:

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/podcast/epis ... 2-Hoop.mp3

His editorial starts at about 15:50. Here are some key parts:

"Tell me when you have seen or heard any journalist do what Matt Hughes of the Times did last night and criticise not only another English teams' atmosphere but also criticise the club support when a match has sold out? You can't because it's never happened. In the same way that empty seats at Arsenal and United simply don't exist as far as the media are concerned."

"Tell me when you have last watched a European game involving two foreign sides and heard the co-commentator compare the atmosphere with the lack of one at an English sides game the previous night Until Steve McManamon did it tonight, and last night when commentating on City."

"Tell me when do you last recall a pundit sitting in the studio criticising the fans of the team that just secured a famous victory by lying about them not singing rather than just commentating on the performance and the achievement. You haven't of course until Rio Ferdinand did last night at the Etihad."

"The TV studio is filled with ex-United player and they can't be impartial."

"Why then, fans and journalists, do we City fans think you have it in for us? If United had done what we had done, there would be no mention of a few empty seats. Not one mention of what the atmosphere was like. Not one rewriting of history, downgrading the opposition from world beaters two weeks ago to now being considered an average team. And every journalist in the land would say United pressed and made the opposition look average."

"It will take 20 years of success before we have legends in studios."

"Teams that have had success leading up to and during the early years of the Internet age have taken over and consolidated their auras and images of superiority that was transferred around the globe. Raheem Sterling would be the perfect case to prove this...No, it's not paranoia to say if he moved to United none of [the treatment he receives from fans] would have happened
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:53 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Howard Hockin commented on media bias towards City in his weekly editorial for the BM podcast for about 10 minutes, and went over several of the same issues quite well, showing how ridiculously inconsistent and biased the coverage is:

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/podcast/epis ... 2-Hoop.mp3

I imagine he often has a good point, but I'm rarely able to keep my focus long enough to find out.
He surely must be tha man with the most boring voice in world history.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that twat Jake Humphrey.

"We have to praise City, as hard as it is..."

Knob.
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum