Bald, as in totally clean shaven, Bolllox 2-July-2015

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bald, as in totally clean shaven, Bolllox 2-July-2015

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 pm

The transfer window’s open now, which should in theory get things finally moving this summer. In theory. But Paul Pogba’s still not left Juventus, and Manchester City are still interested. Now it seems someone who knows Paul has had dinner in a fancy restaurant with a couple of people who have an expense account at Barcelona, and you know what that means. The capture of Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg should soften the blow, but probably won’t.

Aston Villa are in the market for Ajax and Denmark full-back Nicolai Boilesen. They’ve also thrown the Big Bodyswerve to see off Southampton, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Marseille in the £9m race for Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye. Something of a coup for Villa, that, especially as Saints were able to offer Gueye a guaranteed starting place at Anfield for the 2016-17 season.

Everton are going all out for aesthetics. They’ve already landed Gerard Deulofeu and Tom Cleverley, and now they’re going for Internazionale winger Xherdan Shaqiri and Napoli wingman Dries Mertens too. Stoke were interested in Shaqiri, but may turn their attentions to Yevhen Konoplyanka instead. The Dnipro winger is already talking to Atlético Madrid and Sevilla, so Mark Hughes wants to get a wriggle on.

Robin van Persie is yesterday’s man at Manchester United. This news broke 18 months ago, but the bit about him moving to Besiktas is all new. Just to define our terms, “all new” being at least less than one month old. Maybe two months. Meanwhile United have presented Bayern Munich with a “package worth £120m” for striker Thomas Müller. The Mill very much hopes this is some sort of financial offer, and not Louis van Gaal making another of his grand, emotional gestures utilising the contents of his pocket as a prop.

More transfer frustration for Crystal Palace and West Ham, still reeling from Tim Sherwood’s saucy shimmy of a few paragraphs ago. They both want, but are not getting, Loic Remy. Palace will console themselves with QPR’s Charlie Austin, while the Hammers make do with Dynamo Kiev defender Aleksandar Dragovic.

Life also deals Southampton, similarly snubbed in paragraph two, blow after blow. They’re desperate to secure Toby Alderweireld on a permanent deal, but their old transfer nemesis Tottenham Hotspur - kids, think Liverpool, but even less successful - are in with a late bid.

And that’s your lot for today. Not a bad haul, all told, especially when you consider that the folk who usually make this stuff up are all swanning around Wimbledon, or on a beach somewhere eating oysters from the half shell.

And a wag-ish type creature....

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: Bald, as in totally clean shaven, Bolllox 2-July-2015

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm sure someone signs Aleksandar Dragovic, every year, & has done for at least 500 years.

Another one, I bet.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm sure someone signs Aleksandar Dragovic, every year, & has done for at least 500 years.

Another one, I bet.

"One must have tradition in oneself to hate it properly."

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Very good bolloxs today Doom.
You taking on this task, proves my point that managers sit on their arses doing nothing all god damn day.
But I guess you have to have worked hard somewhere along the line to get to that favourable position ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Good work Doomie, not bad work but good work.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:42 pm

mr_nool wrote:Very good bolloxs today Doom.
You taking on this task, proves my point that managers sit on their arses doing nothing all god damn day.
But I guess you have to have worked hard somewhere along the line to get to that favourable position ;-)

i manage no one but myself in my new role....at least for a few more months until my noncompete/nonsolicit terms are up. Ahem.

I'm finding it actually amazingly productive not having a slew of beancounting douches annoy you with inane trivialities of timesheets and profit margins and the like when they barely understand business at the most basic levels. Spreadsheets don't make consulting firms money, oddly enough. :)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Very good bolloxs today Doom.

i manage no one but myself in my new role....at least for a few more months until my noncompete/nonsolicit terms are up. Ahem.

I'm finding it actually amazingly productive not having a slew of beancounting douches annoy you with inane trivialities of timesheets and profit margins and the like when they barely understand business at the most basic levels. Spreadsheets don't make consulting firms money, oddly enough. :)

cheers

Ah, you're setting up your own business - good on you!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: Something of a coup for Villa, that, especially as Saints were able to offer Gueye a guaranteed starting place at Anfield for the 2016-17 season.

Meow
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I'm sure someone signs Aleksandar Dragovic, every year, & has done for at least 500 years.

Another one, I bet.

"One must have tradition in oneself to hate it properly."

cheers

I was meaning; a possible friend of the Count.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Mirror
Manchester United are trying to sell striker Robin van Persie in secret, claims former Netherlands forward Pierre van Hooijdonk who believes his compatriot was offered to Fenerbahce as early as January.

Chelsea have decided not to sell striker Loic Remy who is believed to be attracting interest from Swansea, West Ham and Crystal Palace.
Stoke are trying to convince Xherdan Shaqiri to join them after having a £12m bid accepted by Inter Milan.

Aston Villa have included striker Christian Benteke in their kit launch teaser - despite continued interest from Liverpool and Tottenham.

West Ham have lined up Dynamo Kiev defender Aleksandar Dragovic in case they miss out on Monaco's Aymen Abdennour. The 25-year-old Tunisian has also attracted interest from Newcastle and Liverpool.

Tottenham are stepping up their efforts to land Toby Alderweireld - but Southampton are confident of winning the tug-of-war for the Atletico Madrid defender who was on loan at St Mary's last season.

Meanwhile, Saints and neighbours Bournemouth are involved in a tug-of-war for St Etienne's ex-Leeds winger Max Gradel.

Ilkay Gundogan has dashed Manchester United's hopes of signing him, by penning a new deal at German side Borussia Dortmund.

Midfielder Abou Diaby, 29, is in talks with MLS side FC Dallas after being released by Arsenal.

Atletico Madrid have become the latest club to move for unsettled Chelsea winger Juan Cuadrado.

The Sun
Manchester City are set to pursue a £25million swoop for Bayer Leverkusen's 25-year-old Germany winger Karim Bellarabi.

Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller has rejected speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United.

Meanwhile, United winger Ashley Young has agreed a new three-year deal at Old Trafford.

Chelsea are demanding £14.25m from Atletico Madrid to re-sign left back Filipe Luis after just one season at Stamford Bridge.

Aston Villa are ready to make a £6.5million move for Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, who they see as a replacement for England international Fabian Delph who is being linked with Manchester City.

Villa have made a £1.1million bid for Ajax's Denmark international full-back Nicolai Boilesen, 23.

Daily Star
Bolton chief Neil Lennon is Leicester's top target to replace axed boss Nigel Pearson.

Petr Cech has admitted he clashed with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho over his move to Arsenal.

Express
David de Gea's move to Real Madrid has been held up by Manchester United's interest in Sergio Ramos.

Liverpool and Tottenham's pursuit of Juventus star Fernando Llorente could be overtaken by Real Madrid, whose new manager Rafa Benitez wants to sign the 30-year-old striker.

Striker Thomas Muller, 25, "feels fine at Bayern Munich" after reports claimed Manchester United had offered a package worth £120m in fees and wages for him.

Leicester target Neil Lennon has reportedly a gentlemen's agreement with Bolton chairman Phil Gartside that would allow him to leave the club for approximately £500,000 compensation - should a Premier League side seek his services as manager.

Daily Mail
Barcelona have stepped up their chase of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba who is also wanted by Manchester City and Paris St Germain.

Manchester City's hopes of signing Kevin De Bruyne have been lifted with the former Chelsea playmaker set to ask Wolfsburg to listen to offers for him.

West Ham remain keen to bring Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson back on loan following his successful spell last season.

Nathaniel Clyne has urged Liverpool to improve on last season after joining the Reds for £12.5m from Southampton.

The Telegraph
Chelsea are set to make an improved £8m offer for Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.

Manchester United are holding out for £5m after being offered £3.5m by Turkish side Fenerbahce for the Portugal winger Nani.

West Ham have been told they will have to bid more than £20m for Dynamo Kiev's 24-year-old defender Aleksandar Dragovic.

The Guardian
Monaco forward Radamel Falcao, 29, has completed the formalities of his move to Chelsea and will link up with his new club on their pre-season tour of North America, according to his family.

Bolton Wanderers manager Neil Lennon, 44, is the early front-runner to take charge at Leicester City following Nigel Pearson's dismissal.

The Times
Stoke are set to offer Switzerland international Xherdan Shaqiri, 23, a six-month deal after agreeing a £12m fee with Inter Milan for the midfielder.

Daily Record
Neil Lennon is the favourite to replace sacked Leicester manager Nigel Pearson, while former West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is supposedly not interested in the vacancy as he wants a longer break from football.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Paul68 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Another one, I bet.

Harry could have signed him y'know...
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:41 am

Excellent work Doomie & well done with the Wag - a daily dose of bollocks is appreciated
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum