Season Ticket Sales

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Season Ticket Sales

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:38 pm

According to several websites and twitter season ticket sales are likely to push 42 / 43 K within the next week . If true this is sensational news and brilliant business by the club and of course fantastic support from the best fans in the land and all the world ............ awesome !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Looks like the rebuilding will continue next summer as well then. 55000 clearly will be insufficient
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 pm

That is fantastic and clearly shows the level of support the club are getting and will continue to grow with such an incredible owner putting is more than just cash for players.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:55 am

Problem is, as we've seen here and at other 'big' clubs, many ST holders are now less likely to turn up every week. They often just buy a guaranteed seat if they fancy going. This is obviously because we have stretched beyond our original hard core base.

But I guess we still get the money
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:18 am

Most of the season ticket holders do turn up most weeks imo though. Some games we have a mass 'can't be arsed' but the majority are there apart from a small number of those who live far away &, imo, a bunch of so called season ticket seats which have been bought by proxy, by ticket touts.

I think another problem at City, is the fact that the ground is more spacious, & the seat colour shows up particularly well on tv. There are often loads of empty seats at the swamp or Emirates, but you can only see them on closeup. From the normal tv view, they just look like more wankers with red shirts on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Most of the season ticket holders do turn up most weeks imo though. Some games we have a mass 'can't be arsed' but the majority are there apart from a small number of those who live far away &, imo, a bunch of so called season ticket seats which have been bought by proxy, by ticket touts.

I think another problem at City, is the fact that the ground is more spacious, & the seat colour shows up particularly well on tv. There are often loads of empty seats at the swamp or Emirates, but you can only see them on closeup.From the normal tv view, they just look like more wankers with red shirts on.

Except better looking.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Most of the season ticket holders do turn up most weeks imo though. Some games we have a mass 'can't be arsed' but the majority are there apart from a small number of those who live far away &, imo, a bunch of so called season ticket seats which have been bought by proxy, by ticket touts.

I think another problem at City, is the fact that the ground is more spacious, & the seat colour shows up particularly well on tv. There are often loads of empty seats at the swamp or Emirates, but you can only see them on closeup.From the normal tv view, they just look like more wankers with red shirts on.

Except better looking.

And with more understanding of the game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Except better looking.

And more vocal in their support.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:56 am

All in all it should be a damn fine craic inside the Etihad this season , more noise , singing section , new tier extra atmosphere etc . After a fairly stressfull re location from the posh seats I am hoping my new home in 121 works out and I'm not sat around a load of moaning boring cunts ! Lol .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:40 am

I think another problem at City, is the fact that the ground is more spacious, & the seat colour shows up particularly well on tv. There are often loads of empty seats at the swamp or Emirates, but you can only see them on closeup. From the normal tv view, they just look like more wankers with red shirts on.

I believe the club have had internal discussions regarding this specific problem, I'm sure it was estimated by the club that some 10% of season ticket holders don't actually go to the games.

I admit to being one of them, but my ticket got used nearly every week the first year I was away, then my mates dad took it up cos he couldn't get a senior citizen ticket in our block.

I'll keep it as long as he wants it,and it serves my purpose if Me or a mate ever needs it for a European away game - because of the points it would be stupid to give it up. But I think amongst my group of 4 or 5 mates, there's always at least 1 ticket going spare most weeks, and it's surprisingly hard to give it away.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:44 am

City64 wrote:All in all it should be a damn fine craic inside the Etihad this season , more noise , singing section , new tier extra atmosphere etc . After a fairly stressfull re location from the posh seats I am hoping my new home in 121 works out and I'm not sat around a load of moaning boring cunts ! Lol .

121 is next to the Colin Bell reading club, but close enough to the south stand singers, but with all the relocating being done, I think it will be pretty new for loads of people this season, I moved from 111 to 302 for medical reasons last season and now have decided on block 314 for this coming season. Really looking forward to seeing how the reshuffle of fans and the new singing section works out.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:16 am

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:All in all it should be a damn fine craic inside the Etihad this season , more noise , singing section , new tier extra atmosphere etc . After a fairly stressfull re location from the posh seats I am hoping my new home in 121 works out and I'm not sat around a load of moaning boring cunts ! Lol .

121 is next to the Colin Bell reading club, but close enough to the south stand singers, but with all the relocating being done, I think it will be pretty new for loads of people this season, I moved from 111 to 302 for medical reasons last season and now have decided on block 314 for this coming season. Really looking forward to seeing how the reshuffle of fans and the new singing section works out.

It was a difficult one moving from 222 , I wasn't prepared to pay stupid money to stay there some of our group have decided to pay up and see how it works out . Match days will still be the same meet up city center etc just going through a different turnstile now , also eventually chose 121 for the reasons you describe WW ,hopefully best of both worlds in there this season . Huge number of season tickets sold and a huge number have re located so loads in the same boat ........ looking forward to it , a change is good as a rest and nearly £600 saved ! Err well not spent ;-) lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Except better looking.

Please carry on this dialogue you two guys, I'm really enjoying it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:17 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I believe the club have had internal discussions regarding this specific problem, I'm sure it was estimated by the club that some 10% of season ticket holders don't actually go to the games.

I admit to being one of them, but my ticket got used nearly every week the first year I was away, then my mates dad took it up cos he couldn't get a senior citizen ticket in our block.

I'll keep it as long as he wants it,and it serves my purpose if Me or a mate ever needs it for a European away game - because of the points it would be stupid to give it up. But I think amongst my group of 4 or 5 mates, there's always at least 1 ticket going spare most weeks, and it's surprisingly hard to give it away.

I have relatives who live down South who have to miss games sometimes & I'm sure there are plenty in that situation. But like at the swamp, I'm convinced there are sections of seats owned by touts. Only a small number compared to there, where it's fucking thousands & thousands, but growing.

They should monitor it imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I have relatives who live down South who have to miss games sometimes & I'm sure there are plenty in that situation. But like at the swamp, I'm convinced there are sections of seats owned by touts. Only a small number compared to there, where it's fucking thousands & thousands, but growing.

They should monitor it imo.

I know someone that runs that type of operation at Anfield. He has a group of close friends who are all season ticket holders that rarely ever go to games anymore. He sells their tickets to Scandanavians online. He offers a service where he will secure flights and accommodation too, makes a small fortune from it and his friends all make from it too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm a new season ticket holder for this year, and very excited!(I supported us when we were shit) I'm in block 110, my new home! I was shocked at how quickly the new tier sold out!
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Except better looking.

And less plastic.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ant london » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:52 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I admit in advance to being one of these "problem" supporters. I've got a couple of season tickets this season because I want a guaranteed ticket with no fannying around involved for when I can get back and get to games.

I can afford it fortunately but I am also doing everything I can to ensure the seats are always used. Also - I considerately got them in 93:10 so as not to ruin any pockets of weekly supporters by my empty seats if that happens.

And - if anyone on here does ever want to use them just shout
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:32 am

Will do ;-)
I'm probably bringing my brother on my next trip this autumn so will need two tickets instead of the usual one.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Oli » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:46 am

In the same position myself - season ticket holder but being exiled from gods own city in London for 15 years means I can't make every game (that and four selfish kids who want me around at weekends for some reason).

So if any of the regular posters need a ticket for games PM me, if I'm not gonna make it your more than welcome to use mine for the mere cost of a pint.
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum