Pogba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pogba

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
All those quotes are the same ones from last week, where he had supposedly met him and then it turned out he hadn't and can't as a candidate for the election.
Not totally convinced by that, to be honest.

Yes that's what i don't get, their elections aren't until 18th July so who makes the decisions until then? The bloke quoted is only running and therefore cannot do anything until as & when he is elected.

Bloody odd that they have the elections at such a critical time during the transfer window, but i guess it's been like that since before the transfer window was introduced.

They are having FORCED elections because of the very dodgy Neymer deal.

Weren't we asked to give evidence about that. Now's the time for Cheeky and the gang to suggest to Barca that we could forget what we know, if this summer goes a little more smoothly.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Pogba could be caught up in Barca Presidential politics. Laporta promises Pogba. Bartomeu, his rival, tries to bring in Turam. Rafael Hernandez says Bartomeu in the lead for the poll so Pogba may not come.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dwaring » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Seeing on Twitter that Pogba is most likely moving to Barca next summer. What the hell is the point of a transfer ban if they are allowed to conduct business as ussual?
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Dwaring wrote:Seeing on Twitter that Pogba is most likely moving to Barca next summer. What the hell is the point of a transfer ban if they are allowed to conduct business as ussual?

You're right; it's making a total mockery of legal sanctions duly brought against them.

In the future, if ever City fall foul of any such restraints which, knowing Platini is always possible/likely, I hope we remember how Barca conducted themselves at this period of time.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Sorry I meant Turan! He's a very good attacking midfielder from Atletico. Feeling is he'll be signed very soon and that cuts right across any plan to bring in Pogba. Bartomeu wouldn't get the credit if Pogba came because he's associated with Laporta's bid. Personally I think Pogba's wage demands could well be an issue for Barca too if reports of our offer are to be believed. Still he won't come if he doesn't fancy the project. Up to us to convince him.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:21 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Dwaring wrote:Seeing on Twitter that Pogba is most likely moving to Barca next summer. What the hell is the point of a transfer ban if they are allowed to conduct business as ussual?

You're right; it's making a total mockery of legal sanctions duly brought against them.

In the future, if ever City fall foul of any such restraints which, knowing Platini is always possible/likely, I hope we remember how Barca conducted themselves at this period of time.

Maybe we should get an interest free loan over 300 years of 2bn and buy who we want and see what ffp thinks.let's fuck the rules everyone else does
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Didn't the CAS rule the transfer ban violated EU Law and it was changed to ban not allowing them to register players?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Maybe we should get an interest free loan over 300 years of 2bn and buy who we want and see what ffp thinks.let's fuck the rules everyone else does

exactly. Barca and Madrid have institutionalized, government-backed cheating installed in an effort to make sure their country's best team's perform with every single advantage possible. And when Barca gets caught for legit illegal trade or business dealings? Barely a handslap.

And we get shit and shoved in it for building a global powerhouse brand with zero debt and 100% community-focused investment and long-term vision.

Bullshit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

An interest free maturity loan, payable in full in 300 years' time would be useful.

If Carlsberg did loans......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Di Marzio says Barca failed in an attempt to secure a pre deal for Pogba for 2016. However, Juve don't want to sell him this year. Up to us to convince them otherwise. This is all tied in with the Barca Presidential election where the rival candidates are making promises of bringing in x or y if they win.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm

barca just won the treble, maybe they should hang fire on buying every tom, dick and harry. Do they see pogba as a direct replacement for xavi?
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Barca are now in the same "hate" bracket as the scum and liverpool for me, having teetered on the fringes for a while. Right shower of cunts.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Wooders wrote:Barca are now in the same "hate" bracket as the scum and liverpool for me, having teetered on the fringes for a while. Right shower of cunts.

Uh-greed. Can't fucking stand these cheating manipulative bent fuckers.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Juventus rejected Barcelona offer for Paul Pogba, says Beppe Marotta

Juventus managing director Giuseppe Marotta confirmed that the Bianconeri turned down an offer from Barcelona for Paul Pogba of €80 million and reiterated that the young French star is not for sale.

Pogba is one of the most coveted targets in the upcoming transfer window, and there has been much speculation about the 22-year-old's future at Barcelona, despite the fact that the club are banned from registering any new players until January 2016.

Marotta told Gazzetta dello Sport: "We received an offer of €80 million but I can affirm that Pogba will not be sold."

Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta has said he fully expects to sign the midfielder if he is re-elected next month. Barca will not have a president or board until after July 18 elections.

Pogba, 22, has been strongly linked with clubs including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City despite a reported €100 million price tag.

Catalan media claimed that Barcelona reps were meeting with Juventus on Wednesday and that both clubs had reached a gentleman's agreement for the player.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2510012/juve ... ys-marotta
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Juventus rejected Barcelona offer for Paul Pogba, says Beppe Marotta

Juventus managing director Giuseppe Marotta confirmed that the Bianconeri turned down an offer from Barcelona for Paul Pogba of €80 million and reiterated that the young French star is not for sale.

Pogba is one of the most coveted targets in the upcoming transfer window, and there has been much speculation about the 22-year-old's future at Barcelona, despite the fact that the club are banned from registering any new players until January 2016.

Marotta told Gazzetta dello Sport: "We received an offer of €80 million but I can affirm that Pogba will not be sold."

Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta has said he fully expects to sign the midfielder if he is re-elected next month. Barca will not have a president or board until after July 18 elections.

Pogba, 22, has been strongly linked with clubs including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City despite a reported €100 million price tag.

Catalan media claimed that Barcelona reps were meeting with Juventus on Wednesday and that both clubs had reached a gentleman's agreement for the player.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2510012/juve ... ys-marotta

I am sure our amigo's would love to get this deal done, and fuck Laporte over, cannot see it TBH. Verati for me is a very good option if you can get him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Juve saying they won't sell is rubbish they will sell if they get the right offer...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:50 pm

I think Pogba & his agent have told City he is willing to come, & that side is sorted but City are keeping a low profile in case it's another stitch up, like Isco.

Juve will listen to all the offers, we will probably outbid everyone, then either Juve will reject it, or they will ask Pogba if he wants to go to City.

If he's not shitting us, we'll get him. otherwise we'll just quietly slip away from it all.

City have said nothing about any of these deals; not one single word. It's all coming from other sources all the time.

I think that's quality.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Well just to throw some bullshit ITK nonsense in the mix. I have heard from somebody, who I know has the ear of a former senior club employee, that we have lobbed in a €100m bid for Pogba.
I did get Adebayor right sometime ago from left field, but then again the same source told me we were confident of getting Christine a few years back.
We need more wild speculation on here.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well just to throw some bullshit ITK nonsense in the mix. I have heard from somebody, who I know has the ear of a former senior club employee, that we have lobbed in a €100m bid for Pogba.
I did get Adebayor right sometime ago from left field, but then again the same source told me we were confident of getting Christine a few years back.
We need more wild speculation on here.

Are the blue cones still out around the Etihad?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 pm

I spotted him at Parklife a couple of weeks ago. He's definitely coming
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum