Pogba

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pogba

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well just to throw some bullshit ITK nonsense in the mix. I have heard from somebody, who I know has the ear of a former senior club employee, that we have lobbed in a €100m bid for Pogba.
I did get Adebayor right sometime ago from left field, but then again the same source told me we were confident of getting Christine a few years back.
We need more wild speculation on here.

Interesting. Since the 100m bid was reported in the media like 2 days ago, Picsnumberonetolmiefan.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 pm

i'll eat herb's shit if we sign this guy
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:17 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Well just to throw some bullshit ITK nonsense in the mix. I have heard from somebody, who I know has the ear of a former senior club employee, that we have lobbed in a €100m bid for Pogba.
I did get Adebayor right sometime ago from left field, but then again the same source told me we were confident of getting Christine a few years back.

Interesting. Since the 100m bid was reported in the media like 2 days ago, Picsnumberonetolmiefan.

Cheers

Shit, called out so soon.
It was fun while it lasted.
But . . .
If we do sign him, I expect a full and frank apology and some sort of forfeit
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

We haven't made a bid though. At least I don't believe we have.

If we did then why haven't Juve came out to the press and told us how much it was like they did with Barca's bid?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

If we did then why haven't Juve came out to the press and told us how much it was like they did with Barca's bid?

Maybe they have accepted it & we are now working on the details ? Or Pogba has done the dirty & gone down the 'I suddenly only want to play for Barca' route ?

I would be surprised if Juve turn that down if, when, we do bid. But if they do, that might be us gone.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Maybe they have accepted it & we are now working on the details ? Or Pogba has done the dirty & gone down the 'I suddenly only want to play for Barca' route ?

I would be surprised if Juve turn that down if, when, we do bid. But if they do, that might be us gone.

Possibly but I suspect if we had then Juve would be telling the press so they can do their usual posturing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:40 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Yeah Doomie,what about them apples Baldy?
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 am

I remember Vieira bigging up Pogba, maybe he will have an influence in this in the way Zidane is sent everywhere to pave the way for Madrid signings

Watch on youtube.com
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 am

Worse case scenario we dont get him, whos our alternative?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

Dubciteh wrote:Worse case scenario we dont get him, whos our alternative?

I doubt we have an alternative to Pogba.

We may sign a different central mid player, but I don't think it would be a Pogba alternative as such. Not sure there is one. Depends who is available too. Not sure there are any 'big' players in that position we could sign.

Maybe pick up someone to strengthen the squad, who allows the other players to play, & create more balance that way.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:27 am

Wonderwall wrote:I remember Vieira bigging up Pogba, maybe he will have an influence in this in the way Zidane is sent everywhere to pave the way for Madrid signings

Watch on youtube.com

I'm absolutely certain Vieira will have had a word, whether they admit it or not. And I'm certain Vieira will have been involved in the discussions re whether signing him for buckets full of money is a good idea or not.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:05 am

Dubciteh wrote:Worse case scenario we dont get him, whos our alternative?

delph
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:16 am

I'd like us to go for Verratti if we dont get poggers.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:03 am

This story reminds me when we went after Hazard and we got Sinclair instead.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 am

Hazy2 wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:Juventus rejected Barcelona offer for Paul Pogba, says Beppe Marotta

Juventus managing director Giuseppe Marotta confirmed that the Bianconeri turned down an offer from Barcelona for Paul Pogba of €80 million and reiterated that the young French star is not for sale.

Pogba is one of the most coveted targets in the upcoming transfer window, and there has been much speculation about the 22-year-old's future at Barcelona, despite the fact that the club are banned from registering any new players until January 2016.

Marotta told Gazzetta dello Sport: "We received an offer of €80 million but I can affirm that Pogba will not be sold."

Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta has said he fully expects to sign the midfielder if he is re-elected next month. Barca will not have a president or board until after July 18 elections.

Pogba, 22, has been strongly linked with clubs including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City despite a reported €100 million price tag.

Catalan media claimed that Barcelona reps were meeting with Juventus on Wednesday and that both clubs had reached a gentleman's agreement for the player.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2510012/juve ... ys-marotta

I am sure our amigo's would love to get this deal done, and fuck Laporte over, cannot see it TBH. Verati for me is a very good option if you can get him.

Excellent call Hazy.

I'd love this player at City.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 am

PeterParker wrote:This story reminds me when we went after Hazard and we got Sinclair instead.

Actually I have read various people say that we got Sinclair instead of Sterling.

And no, it wasn't Marwood's decision.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:Juventus rejected Barcelona offer for Paul Pogba, says Beppe Marotta

Juventus managing director Giuseppe Marotta confirmed that the Bianconeri turned down an offer from Barcelona for Paul Pogba of €80 million and reiterated that the young French star is not for sale.

Pogba is one of the most coveted targets in the upcoming transfer window, and there has been much speculation about the 22-year-old's future at Barcelona, despite the fact that the club are banned from registering any new players until January 2016.

Marotta told Gazzetta dello Sport: "We received an offer of €80 million but I can affirm that Pogba will not be sold."

Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta has said he fully expects to sign the midfielder if he is re-elected next month. Barca will not have a president or board until after July 18 elections.

Pogba, 22, has been strongly linked with clubs including Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City despite a reported €100 million price tag.

Catalan media claimed that Barcelona reps were meeting with Juventus on Wednesday and that both clubs had reached a gentleman's agreement for the player.

I am sure our amigo's would love to get this deal done, and fuck Laporte over, cannot see it TBH. Verati for me is a very good option if you can get him.

Excellent call Hazy.

I'd like Messi.

About the same chance of signing either.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Excellent call Hazy.

I'd like Messi.

At the end of the day, we might just have to settle for Bale, especially if the Sheikh were to have a few words with his chums at Madrid and conveniently pull a few strings for us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Excellent call Hazy.

I'd like Messi.

At the end of the day, we might just have to settle for Bale, especially if the Sheikh were to have a few words with his chums at Madrid and conveniently pull a few strings for us.

We are pissing in the wind if the logic is right, Ted, Pogba is on every radar. Messi, not gonna leave Barca unless he gets jail for tax evasion. Shoot for the stars. We need pace and power, plus a barrow load of Home Grown Clyne is a steal, Zabba is gonna be knackered again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Bartomeu who seems to be the favourite for the Barca Presidency says Luis Enrique never wanted Pogba anyway. If he wins looks like Barca are not in the picture. Still have to persuade Juve to sell this window and to persuade Pogba to join the project.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum